LISTEN: Final 49ers 7-Round Mock Draft With Steph Sanchez →

There are 266 users in the forums

Jake Locker Bandwagon

Originally posted by jreff22:
Originally posted by RollinWith21n52:
Per Rob Rang on twitter:

"No denying Locker's inconsistent accuracy, but I've had scouts look at me like I was crazy when I asked if he'd slip out of 1st. #upside"

let somebody else burn a high pick on a project

All the QBs in this draft is a project.
Originally posted by SF69ers:
Per Rob Rang on twitter:

"No denying Locker's inconsistent accuracy, but I've had scouts look at me like I was crazy when I asked if he'd slip out of 1st. #upside"

Which is why it makes sense to wait until round 2 or 3 to grab your QB. Gabbert might be the one exception to that. I wish he was at the Senior Bowl.
Originally posted by Ninerjohn:
Per Rob Rang on twitter:

Which is why it makes sense to wait until round 2 or 3 to grab your QB. Gabbert might be the one exception to that. I wish he was at the Senior Bowl.

Not big on Gabbert. I hear that he's real lazy.
  • Hopper
  • Veteran
The accuracy has finally scared me off. Some of his throws this morning were just awful.
Originally posted by Hopper:
The accuracy has finally scared me off. Some of his throws this morning were just awful.

I hope he shows well during the game.
  • Hopper
  • Veteran
Per Rob Rang on twitter:

Plus he's a spread QB. His footwork in the pocket will need a lot of work.

[ Edited by Hopper on Jan 27, 2011 at 13:12:57 ]
Do not want.
At this rate he may be there in the second round. I'm not sure I even want him there.
  • Jcool
  • Veteran
Per Rob Rang on twitter:

And he played in an offense that makes it easy to put up big numbers and he only had 16 TDs and 5 TDs and 6 Ints in his last 6 games.
Originally posted by Jcool:
Per Rob Rang on twitter:

And he played in an offense that makes it easy to put up big numbers and he only had 16 TDs and 5 TDs and 6 Ints in his last 6 games.

Yup. Chase Daniels had better numbers.

Originally posted by pete98146:
At this rate he may be there in the second round. I'm not sure I even want him there.

He won't be there in the 2nd. I can guarantee that. Too much potential at the QB position.

He won't be there in the 2nd. I can guarantee that. Too much potential at the QB position.

Clausen was a lock as well.......wired s**t happens sometimes

True but Clausen doesn't have the type of skills that Locker has. That, and his poor attitude wasn't something that teams liked.

True but Clausen doesn't have the type of skills that Locker has. That, and his poor attitude wasn't something that teams liked.

Clausen came from a pro system, had a good QB body, good accuracy and strength, decent athlete, and was smart. The only attitude issue from this year was his apologizing to his team which he got ripped for.

Clausen came from a pro system, had a good QB body, good accuracy and strength, decent athlete, and was smart. The only attitude issue from this year was his apologizing to his team which he got ripped for.

From what I remember on his pro day, he had some issues with arm strength and they were discussing his arrogant personality.
Share 49ersWebzone