LISTEN: Are The 49ers Showing Their Hand? →

There are 220 users in the forums

MadDog49er Mid-January Mock Draft with Niners' Full Draft

• GORO
  • Veteran
Lets say the Niners donot select a qb with their first pick and then Dalton is drafted before their 2nd round pick, who do you think they will select then?
I love the Peterson and Havili pic. I also believe this draft needs to reload the D. I know we need a QB but I'd rather have them draft BPA then reach early for a QB.

What about S? MD, does that mean you believe in Mays/Smith and Goldson?
Originally posted by ninergold:
I love the Peterson and Havili pic. I also believe this draft needs to reload the D. I know we need a QB but I'd rather have them draft BPA then reach early for a QB.

I know people aren't really talking about us going after a safety early, but I think Ahmad Black would be a great pick in the 2nd. He's always around the ball and very strong against the run. He's a more consistant version of Goldson.

All very iffy because of the CBA, but perhaps Champ Bailey could play FS? Or Clements could switch to FS if the Niners land Peterson or the Prince?
Originally posted by GORO:
Lets say the Niners donot select a qb with their first pick and then Dalton is drafted before their 2nd round pick, who do you think they will select then?

I doubt Dalton is off the board at that point, maybe they wait till the middle rounds for guys like McElroy.

From what the beat writers are saying, it appears the team still believes in Goldson and will re-sign him. If this is true, I could see the team letting Smith and Mays duke it out for 2011.

I just don't see any difference-makers in the secondary, but I am not the one drafting for the team. I'm just projecting what I think they will do.
Originally posted by strickac:

I know people aren't really talking about us going after a safety early, but I think Ahmad Black would be a great pick in the 2nd. He's always around the ball and very strong against the run. He's a more consistant version of Goldson.

Black may be an option if the team is looking to add a starter at safety. Not sure he will be a mid-second rounder, but anything can happen with offseason workouts.
Originally posted by MadDog49er:
Originally posted by strickac:

Black may be an option if the team is looking to add a starter at safety. Not sure he will be a mid-second rounder, but anything can happen with offseason workouts.

hopefully by some chance Rahim Moore drops to us in round two
MadDog, Havili is awesome at catching the ball (and running as well).... My only question was is he big enought to play full-time FB in NFL?
Originally posted by jimmy49erfan:
Originally posted by WillistheWall:
Originally posted by MadDog49er:
Originally posted by dwy621:
How do you compare these QBs to last years QBs? I remember all the QBs dropping last year.

This class is a lot different than last year's. Last year, four QB's were drafted in the first three rounds: Bradford, Tebow, Clausen, and McCoy.

One player was head and shoulder over the others, Sam Bradford. This year, the highest drafted QB could be any one of four guys: Gabbert, Newton, Locker, and Mallett.

Two of the four QB's drafted last year had big questions about arm strength: Tebow and McCoy. None of this year's Big Four have issues with arm strength.

Clausen dropped due to character issues. He is seen as a punk by some, and not a solid leader by others. All four of these QB's are very respected leaders by their team, coaches and analysts.

So, in the end, I don't see a drop at all for the Big Four. In fact, I'd be absolutely shocked if any of them fell beyond the Seahawks at 25. These teams have serious QB issues: Carolina, Arizona, SF, Tennessee, Washington, Minnesota, Miami, and Seattle. Four of these teams are selecting QB's, and I expect each of these guys to put on a good performance at their campus and individual workouts.

You actually expect Locker and Newton to do well? They seem scary to me because both of them could be huge busts IMO.

Newton has scary good potential in the right situation. Developing his potential could be why we got Harbaugh in the first place. Matching Newton and Harbaugh could be like Reid and McNabb. Chances are he blows up the combine and workouts and we have no shot at him.

McNabb never won a Super Bowl--we need better!

overall a very good draft Maddog!
Share 49ersWebzone