LISTEN: Are The 49ers Showing Their Hand? →

There are 261 users in the forums

MadDog49er Mid-January Mock Draft with Niners' Full Draft

• GORO
  • Veteran
The last Qb drafted in the second round that I remember becoming a quatlity starter was Drew Brees for San Diego. Hopefully Dalton or Stanzi are there when we pick in the second.
According to this updated Mock Draft, it has Jake Locker falling out of the 1st round as I predicted ONE of the "Big 4" would

http://www.nfl.com/news/story/09000d5d81dc9757/article/mock-draft-underclassmen-dominate-top-10-picks?module=HP_cp2

I just don't see ANY WAY Newton, Gabbert, Mallet AND Locker get drafted in the 1st round One of them should be available when we pick in the 2nd round and if not, then RIGHT BEFORE our pick (45) where we could easily trade up and get the better prospect instead of going with Stanzi, Devlin or Dalton
[ Edited by Sims84 on Jan 20, 2011 at 3:05 AM ]
Originally posted by Sims84:
According to this updated Mock Draft, it has Jake Locker falling out of the 1st round as I predicted ONE of the "Big 4" would

http://www.nfl.com/news/story/09000d5d81dc9757/article/mock-draft-underclassmen-dominate-top-10-picks?module=HP_cp2

I just don't see ANY WAY Newton, Gabbert, Mallet AND Locker get drafted in the 1st round One of them should be available when we pick in the 2nd round and if not, then RIGHT BEFORE our pick (45) where we could easily trade up and get the better prospect instead of going with Stanzi, Devlin or Dalton

I hope we steer clear of anyone named Locker. I want Stanzi in the 2nd. His stock will keep rising.
Originally posted by backontop:

I hope we steer clear of anyone named Locker. I want Stanzi in the 2nd. His stock will keep rising.

Honestly, with Harbaugh as the coach, He will be able to turn each QB into a good one so I would rather take the QB that has the higher ceiling for potential and this particular case, it would be Locker IMO. We'll see how the the combine and Senior Bowl goes though

You're right, there is no way. But only because no one will touch Mallett in the 1st. Raiders in the 2nd. After the Sr. Bowl we'll start talking about Locker going to CAR in the 1st.
If Harbaugh reviews each player and decides Taylor Mays is not a suitable NFL starter, do you guys think we go for FS at any point early in the draft.

With the acquisition of the top CB or 2nd best CB for our first pick, could there be a possibility to also acquiring a top FS and load up the secondary with talent?
Originally posted by Joecool:
If Harbaugh reviews each player and decides Taylor Mays is not a suitable NFL starter, do you guys think we go for FS at any point early in the draft.

With the acquisition of the top CB or 2nd best CB for our first pick, could there be a possibility to also acquiring a top FS and load up the secondary with talent?

Mays is a SS
Originally posted by jreff22:

Mays is a SS

There's really not anymore true SS in the league anymore. The Safeties are interchangeable in just about every defense.
  • Shifty
  • Veteran
Originally posted by backontop:

Honestly, with Harbaugh as the coach, He will be able to turn each QB into a good one so I would rather take the QB that has the higher ceiling for potential and this particular case, it would be Locker IMO. We'll see how the the combine and Senior Bowl goes though

Harbaugh is not a miracle worker, not saying he couldnt make Locker a good QB but lets not assume every QB he gets will automatically be awesome.

Mays is a SS

There's really not anymore true SS in the league anymore. The Safeties are interchangeable in just about every defense.

Lewis was a dedicated SS because he couldn't cover worth a s**t....just like Mays as of now.

Mays is a SS

Lewis was a dedicated SS because he couldn't cover worth a s**t....just like Mays as of now.

And the Safety position was a weakness on our team that opponents have been exploiting for a few years now.

Mays is a SS

And the Safety position was a weakness on our team that opponents have been exploiting for a few years now.

what are we debating

Mays is a SS

what are we debating

That Mays being FS or SS doesn't matter.

Mays is a SS

what are we debating

That Mays being FS or SS doesn't matter.

i think it does, he should be a SS. if we can get a actual rangy FS with ball hawk ability we can let Mays play closer to the line at SS
How do you compare these QBs to last years QBs? I remember all the QBs dropping last year.
Share 49ersWebzone