There are 213 users in the forums

MadDog49er Mid-January Mock Draft with Niners' Full Draft

• Kolohe
  • Hall of Fame
Originally posted by valrod33:
Cam Newton to Az makes too much sense. Whis will think he is Roethlisberger

Hopefully. Lets also hope Rivera falls in love with Gabbert at #1 overall.

That would Fairley and Dareus moving down and more of a chance Peterson falls to us!!!
Colin Kaepernick is also very interesting... he has very impressive stats for his career. I only question how quick his release is and possibly some accuracy issues. Outstanding athlete, seems to make quick decisions, tall frame.
Originally posted by Kolohe:

That would Fairley and Dareus moving down and more of a chance Peterson falls to us!!!

Originally posted by MadDog49er:
1 Carolina- Nick Fairley
2 Denver- Da'Quan Bowers
3 Buffalo- Marcell Dareus
4 Cincinnati- Blaine Gabbert
5 Arizona- Cam Newton
6 Cleveland- A.J. Green
7 San Francisco- Patrick Peterson

Note: This is the year for defensive linemen, and I believe with Andrew Luck pulling out of the draft, teams will target the big uglies early. I just have a gut feeling that once Peterson falls past Buffalo at three, that he will get bypassed by teams with bigger needs.

Second round- Andy Dalton, QB, TCU
Will be a reach for many, but there is talk that he is already in the 2-3 round area, and with a solid postseason week at the Senior Bowl, and his leadership and maturity as a senior, the Niners will make this move in the mid-second round.

Third round- Sam Acho, DE/OLB, Texas
Acho is a hard-working, high character, bright kid who was very productive this year for Texas. He made 59 tackles, had 17 tackles for loss, nine sacks, five forced fumbles and five fumble recoveries, which led the nation.

Fourth round- Stanley Havili, FB, USC
Harbaugh will use his 4th rounder on a player built to start in the WCO. Havili creates matchup problems out of the backfield against linebackers.

Fourth round (from SD)- Jake Kirkpatrick, C, TCU
Kirkpatrick is a terrific center prospect, and has worked together with Dalton for four years, two as a starter. Could be the replacement for either Baas or Heitmann in 2012. Was a second team All-American in 2010.

Fifth round- Terrell McClain, DT, South Florida
McClain is a stout NT prospect who could spot Franklin and prepare to start in 2012 or 2013. A first team All Big East performer.

Sixth round- Ryan Jones, CB, Northwest Missouri State
The Niners may need to add one more CB before this draft is done, and Jones is a small school, DII All-American superstar with legit speed and return abilities. Probably will not be on the board at this point, but I will put him here for now.

Sixth round (from Seattle)- Ryan Whalen, WR, Stanford
Harbaugh dips into his own WR corp to pull out a guy who knows his system, and is smart enough to get playing time sooner rather than later. Whalen will compete for the 4th WR spot on the team right away.

Seventh round- Elijah Joseph, LB, Temple
Versatile, All MAC second team, who has played inside and outside LB, and does all special team duties. Will compete as the team's fourth ILB in 2011.

Seventh round (from Detroit)- Brandon Bair, DE, Oregon
Bair has a terrific frame, at 6'7", 275, to add 15-20 pounds, and end up as a 3-4 DE. He's 26 years old, which causes his stock to be limited, but is a mature man who can step in and help the Niners with his athleticism.

I did not list compensatory picks, since they have not been awarded.

Cheers.

Toppdogg agrees with Madd Dogg..
Nice draft. I think Dalton would be a nice selection.
Great mock MadDog... Love the first two rounds. I would great it an A if we did what you suggested in the round one and two.
Originally posted by Kolohe:

Whis is quoted as stating he doesn't want to groom a QB, that his team needs a veteran starter. Now with the CBA issue I could see him turning to a rookie, but if the CBA gets straightened out before the Draft, the Cards will not take a QB in the first.

I am satisfied now.
I like this. I would only replace Dalton with Devlin. I think he has the most potential
Originally posted by TexasNiner84:
I like this. I would only replace Dalton with Devlin. I think he has the most potential

Devlin is off to a tough start at East-West Shrine practices. We'll see if he can pull it together over the next couple days.

Chad Reuter from NFLDraftScout.com said that Devlin had a solid comeback practice. Mixed performance so far, but it appears a step in the right direction.
  • mayo49
  • Veteran
Chad Reuter from NFLDraftScout.com said that Devlin had a solid comeback practice. Mixed performance so far, but it appears a step in the right direction.

Mad, why don't NFL personel attend the Shrine game practices? It's just as important as the Senior Bowl.
  • mayo49
  • Veteran
God dam it, answer me, Mad.
Originally posted by mayo49:

Mad, why don't NFL personel attend the Shrine game practices? It's just as important as the Senior Bowl.

Scouts typically do the leg work at the East-West Shrine game practices, although some player personnel directors and coaches are present. I'm not sure how many scouts are present this year, but total NFL personnel is usually in the 200+ range, which is a fair amount for 32 teams.

The main reason the big dogs typically bypass the East-West Shrine practices: The competition level, and draft projection. The vast majority of players in the East-West Shrine game are mid-late rounders and free agents, with very few early rounders. The Senior Bowl tends to focus on guys who will be primarily second and third rounders on the high end, with some first rounders sprinkled in.
[ Edited by MadDog49er on Jan 19, 2011 at 7:00 AM ]
  • mayo49
  • Veteran
Originally posted by mayo49:

Scouts typically do the leg work at the East-West Shrine game practices, although some player personnel directors and coaches are present. I'm not sure how many scouts are present this year, but total NFL personnel is usually in the 200+ range, which is a fair amount for 32 teams.

The main reason the big dogs typically bypass the East-West Shrine practices: The competition level, and draft projection. The vast majority of players in the East-West Shrine game are mid-late rounders and free agents, with very few early rounders. The Senior Bowl tends to focus on guys who will be primarily second and third rounders on the high end, with some first rounders sprinkled in.

Thanks, babe.
Share 49ersWebzone