MadDog49er Mid-January Mock Draft with Niners' Full Draft

1 Carolina- Nick Fairley
2 Denver- Da'Quan Bowers
3 Buffalo- Marcell Dareus
4 Cincinnati- Blaine Gabbert
5 Arizona- Cam Newton
6 Cleveland- A.J. Green
7 San Francisco- Patrick Peterson

Note: This is the year for defensive linemen, and I believe with Andrew Luck pulling out of the draft, teams will target the big uglies early. I just have a gut feeling that once Peterson falls past Buffalo at three, that he will get bypassed by teams with bigger needs.

Second round- Andy Dalton, QB, TCU
Will be a reach for many, but there is talk that he is already in the 2-3 round area, and with a solid postseason week at the Senior Bowl, and his leadership and maturity as a senior, the Niners will make this move in the mid-second round.

Third round- Sam Acho, DE/OLB, Texas
Acho is a hard-working, high character, bright kid who was very productive this year for Texas. He made 59 tackles, had 17 tackles for loss, nine sacks, five forced fumbles and five fumble recoveries, which led the nation.

Fourth round- Stanley Havili, FB, USC
Harbaugh will use his 4th rounder on a player built to start in the WCO. Havili creates matchup problems out of the backfield against linebackers.

Fourth round (from SD)- Jake Kirkpatrick, C, TCU
Kirkpatrick is a terrific center prospect, and has worked together with Dalton for four years, two as a starter. Could be the replacement for either Baas or Heitmann in 2012. Was a second team All-American in 2010.

Fifth round- Terrell McClain, DT, South Florida
McClain is a stout NT prospect who could spot Franklin and prepare to start in 2012 or 2013. A first team All Big East performer.

Sixth round- Ryan Jones, CB, Northwest Missouri State
The Niners may need to add one more CB before this draft is done, and Jones is a small school, DII All-American superstar with legit speed and return abilities. Probably will not be on the board at this point, but I will put him here for now.

Sixth round (from Seattle)- Ryan Whalen, WR, Stanford
Harbaugh dips into his own WR corp to pull out a guy who knows his system, and is smart enough to get playing time sooner rather than later. Whalen will compete for the 4th WR spot on the team right away.

Seventh round- Elijah Joseph, LB, Temple
Versatile, All MAC second team, who has played inside and outside LB, and does all special team duties. Will compete as the team's fourth ILB in 2011.

Seventh round (from Detroit)- Brandon Bair, DE, Oregon
Bair has a terrific frame, at 6'7", 275, to add 15-20 pounds, and end up as a 3-4 DE. He's 26 years old, which causes his stock to be limited, but is a mature man who can step in and help the Niners with his athleticism.

I did not list compensatory picks, since they have not been awarded.

Cheers.
I can dig it.

I'm a Devlin fan, but I'd be happy with either Dalton or Stanzi as well.
I'd be very happy with this draft.

Hope you're right about Peterson, MD. Seems like a special talent.
Solid and realistic all around. You stole a couple picks I had for the next mock I was working on (Dalton and Kirkpatrick).

I really, really like Kirkpatrick. Unless he has a terrible combine or something, I can't see him falling out of the 4th. He took on a very good Wisconsin defensive line and excelled. Smart player, has chemistry with Dalton, and would be a good addition and fit to our OL.
[ Edited by OnTheClock on Jan 15, 2011 at 8:22 PM ]
I'd cream my pants more than mayo if we got Peterson
  • Shifty
  • Veteran
This along with some nice additions in free agency would be awesome
Haven't seen much of Dalton. MadDog, do you think he is better than Stanzi/Devlin/Ponder?
What's up guys long time watcher love the zone but I'm new so glad to voice my opinion to
Stanley Havili, my Tongan brotha!
With harbaugh we will go offence he will want a difference maker

The bengals pick kind of surprises me, id think they go.d or receiver. I know palmer hasn't been great but still
  • Dino
  • Veteran
that would be an amazing draft for us
Originally posted by DaDivaRecieva15:
I'd cream my pants more than mayo if we got Peterson
Originally posted by teeohh:
The bengals pick kind of surprises me, id think they go.d or receiver. I know palmer hasn't been great but still

Same here they are awful on Defense Last year I am sure they will pick a D on their pick on the first round.
nvm fail.

Nice draft.
[ Edited by niner4life21 on Jan 15, 2011 at 9:30 PM ]
Share 49ersWebzone