There are 55 users in the forums

Remember
Not a member? Register Now!

ABs and jreff22's latest top 20 mock

as people know myself and justin run a draft website together, so this was our latest mock for the 2011 draft, top 20 only, as playoffs and spotting are set we will update.

for now this is out top 20 from yesterday. Before games started.

Below is the latest Top 20 mock for the 2011 draft.

1. Carolina - DE Marcell Dareus, Alabama

2. Denver - DE Da'Quan Bowers, Clemson

3. Buffalo - DT Nick Fairley, Auburn

4. Cincinnati - QB Ryan Mallett, Arkansas

5. Arizona - WR A.J. Green, Georgia

6. Cleveland - OLB Robert Quinn, North Carolina

7. San Francisco - CB Patrick Peterson, LSU

8. Tennessee - QB Blaine Gabbert, Missouri

9. Dallas - CB Prince Amukamara, Nebraska

10. Washington - QB Cam Newton, Auburn

11. Houston - DE Cameron Heyward, Ohio State

12. Minnesota - QB Jake Locker, Washington

13. Detroit - OT Derek Sherrod, Mississippi State

14. St. Louis - WR Julio Jones, Alabama

15. Miami - RB Mark Ingram, Alabama

16. Jacksonville - WR Justin Blackmon, Okklahoma State

17. New England(f/Oakland) - DE Marvin Austin, North Carolina

18. San Diego - OLB Von Miller, Texas A&M

19. New York Giants - OLB Akeem Ayers, UCLA

20. Tampa Bay - DE Ryan Kerrigan, Purdue
Would be very happy with this!
Why wouldn't we pick Gabbert or Locker if they're available?

Just wondering. I'm cool with Peterson but I feel like new regimes = new QBs, and if Gabbert or Locker are there... I can see us getting one.

Locker would be prototypical for Harbaugh's offense. He was stuck on a s**t team this year and played injured. He was always running away from defenders.

Last year he was considered to go #1 overall.

Gabbert seems to be skyrocketing, but I've never watched him play so I have nothing to really say. Everyone says he's got the tools and the smarts.

PS I would be ecstatic with Peterson, btw. Just wondering why we don't take a QB.
[ Edited by chico49erfan on Jan 9, 2011 at 6:40 PM ]
Originally posted by chico49erfan:
Why wouldn't we pick Gabbert or Locker if they're available?

Just wondering. I'm cool with Peterson but I feel like new regimes = new QBs, and if Gabbert or Locker are there... I can see us getting one.

Locker would be prototypical for Harbaugh's offense. He was stuck on a s**t team this year and played injured. He was always running away from defenders.

Last year he was considered to go #1 overall.

Gabbert seems to be skyrocketing, but I've never watched him play so I have nothing to really say. Everyone says he's got the tools and the smarts.

PS I would be ecstatic with Peterson, btw. Just wondering why we don't take a QB.

Few reasons, mostly I'm not very impressed with this class. I don't want to take a QB because we HAVE to. Peterson grades out very high, higher then the QB's. If we take a CB and he busts it sucks but we can still recover easily, same scenario with a QB sets you back 5 years. Harbaugh can develop players but NO QB is 'ready" to start right now, so I want a guy who can go this year. We will need a FA QB to start so we can get by without drafting one in the 1st or even 2nd(where those players can impact this year).

Here is the bigger question, if none of the QB's are #1 overall quality then why settle for one. If Harbaugh falls in love with a guy then go for it....I just don't see it with this class of guys. I would rather move up to get a "sure fire" talented kid then settle for one.
Do you think with coaching and sitting behind a FA QB (or possibly Alex Smith), it would be worth it?

A year or two sitting for Locker/Gabbert?

But I agree -- I would like to get a 1st rounder that will impact our team immediately. And Dalton, Stanzi, or Kaempernick would be available in the later rounds.
why do you have three qbs going top twelve but it dosnt corrolate with youre big board?
Do you think with coaching and sitting behind a FA QB (or possibly Alex Smith), it would be worth it?

But I agree -- I would like to get a 1st rounder that will impact our team immediately. And Dalton, Stanzi, or Kaempernick would be available in the later rounds.

Alex is not coming back for one. Siting back doesn't always = success so its still a gamble and at #7 the price is big, very big. I would prefer to find a kid from round 3-5 at QB. Already I think next years QB class will be better then this years. We can draft a developmental kid this year and go after a better one next year.
Originally posted by jreff22:

Alex is not coming back for one. Siting back doesn't always = success so its still a gamble and at #7 the price is big, very big. I would prefer to find a kid from round 3-5 at QB. Already I think next years QB class will be better then this years. We can draft a developmental kid this year and go after a better one next year.

Thanks, good s**t. I hope Peterson gets by Denver.

If Peterson is taken by another team, do we look to a DE or Amukamara??
Originally posted by Izyniner:
why do you have three qbs going top twelve but it dosnt corrolate with youre big board?

BB and draft position don't mean anything, teams will always reach and players will always fall. Some coaches on the hot seat will look for a QB to extend their current HC position.

Thanks, good s**t. I hope Peterson gets by Denver.

If Peterson is taken by another team, do we look to a DE or Amukamara??

Yes, Prince is a major possibility along with one of the D-Linemen. The price for Peterson to go that high is Revis money...not sure that will happen. Also the DB class is good this year, they can grab one early in the 2nd.

i think its very possible peterson drops to us. CBs are just not taken in the top 5 very often. I know there is a lot of hype around peterson but if we can a team or 2 ahead of us to take a qb, i believe there is a good chance peterson is available. Very good mock.

Quick Question: u say next years qb class will be better than this one, outside of luck who are you speaking of? I know pryor will be coming out but I dont see him being drafted in the first round as a qb. Thanks!
I dont think the bengals have given up on palmer.
Originally posted by cory4903:

i think its very possible peterson drops to us. CBs are just not taken in the top 5 very often. I know there is a lot of hype around peterson but if we can a team or 2 ahead of us to take a qb, i believe there is a good chance peterson is available. Very good mock.

Quick Question: u say next years qb class will be better than this one, outside of luck who are you speaking of? I know pryor will be coming out but I dont see him being drafted in the first round as a qb. Thanks!

Having a sure fire #1 automatically makes the QB class more sexy. Luck as you mentioned right now is the favorite but things can change. Pryor although I have been saying for the past 2ish years is not a QB, has me changing my mind. If he can improve on his numbers this years and show he can stay in the pocket and take the heat, somebody will take him at QB. Kirk Cousins, Landry Jones, Matt Barkley, Brandon Weeden...I think next years class will have some better prospects.
Wow you guys are really high on Dareus huh?

I just really don't see how Peterson can slide all the way to #7 but it would be awesome if he did.
Originally posted by genus49:
Wow you guys are really high on Dareus huh?

I just really don't see how Peterson can slide all the way to #7 but it would be awesome if he did.

the combine will probably change the slotting a bit and this is one mock out of many to come
Search Podcast Draft Forum Commentary News Shop Home