LISTEN: Are The 49ers Showing Their Hand? →

There are 178 users in the forums

TCU's QB Andy Dalton

Originally posted by MadDog49er:
Originally posted by PTulini:
Quarterback Andy Dalton (TCU) is scheduled to visit the 49ers on Wednesday, Foxsports.com reported.

Read more: 49ers visit with corners, pass-rushers
Tune to SportsNet Central at 6, 10:30 and midnight on Comcast SportsNet Bay Area for more on this story

The team has appeared to have a lot of interest in Dalton. Whether this interest is legit, or a smokescreen, is another issue, but I could see them going this direction. There seems to be a lot of Jim Harbaugh in Dalton.

I completely agree with this.
Originally posted by LoboLtnLvr49er:
Originally posted by MadDog49er:
Quarterback Andy Dalton (TCU) is scheduled to visit the 49ers on Wednesday, Foxsports.com reported.

Read more: 49ers visit with corners, pass-rushers
Tune to SportsNet Central at 6, 10:30 and midnight on Comcast SportsNet Bay Area for more on this story

The team has appeared to have a lot of interest in Dalton. Whether this interest is legit, or a smokescreen, is another issue, but I could see them going this direction. There seems to be a lot of Jim Harbaugh in Dalton.

I completely agree with this.

I think there are a number of trade spots we could look at. At first #33 comes to mind, but that may not be soon enough.

I think there could be two "trade for QB" moves this year for two different teams. I think someone may jump to #24 to pick ahead of Seattle, and then the next would probably be either a jump to 27, 28, or 30.
[ Edited by OnTheClock on Apr 13, 2011 at 2:55 PM ]
Hell yeah second round pick for the NINERS!!!
Todd McShea (ESPN) has said recently that he thinks Andy Dalton is the best of the 2nd round QBs and that he projects him going to Cinn as the second pick in the 2nd round. In fact he sees Ponder going to Buff, Mallett to Tenn and Kaepernick to Wash, all in the 2nd round and all ahead of the 49ers, who pick 13th in the 2nd round. If McShea is right, and if we want Dalton, we are going to have to select him near the end of the 1st round. Remember that not all teams evaluate players the same. If just one team thinks Dalton is their guy, he may be gone a lot earlier than most think.
Let me also add that Pat Kirwin (NFL.com) projects Dalton going to Minn in the 2nd round, two spots ahead of our 2nd pick.

There simply are so many teams looking for help at QB that even Stanzi may go in the 2nd round.
Checking on the NFL.com site, I saw where Trent Green expressed the opinion that Cinn could easily grab Dalton in the second round, which is before the 49er's pick.

In the minds of a growing number of "experts," Dalton is moving up strongly.
One thing that I can guarantee is that the 49ers WILL NOT be picking at #45! We will have to move up if we want a QB.
[ Edited by PTulini on Apr 13, 2011 at 10:18 PM ]
On thing that I can guarantee is that the 49ers WILL NOT picking at #45! We will have to move up if we want a QB.

agreed 100% Pat, I am and have been on the Dalton bandwagon, and am more thann happy if we trade our 2nd and either 2011 3rd or 2012 2nd or 3rd for Dalton.

Imagine we get Patrick Peterson, Andy Dalton, then in rd 4 we pick up a OLB and NT like say Fua, Ellis or Powe at NT and maybe a guy like Acho falls, but unlikely. So we might need to trade up into rd 3 or if we keep our 3rd, take acho in rd 3.
Originally posted by AB83Rules:
On thing that I can guarantee is that the 49ers WILL NOT picking at #45! We will have to move up if we want a QB.

agreed 100% Pat, I am and have been on the Dalton bandwagon, and am more thann happy if we trade our 2nd and either 2011 3rd or 2012 2nd or 3rd for Dalton.

Imagine we get Patrick Peterson, Andy Dalton, then in rd 4 we pick up a OLB and NT like say Fua, Ellis or Powe at NT and maybe a guy like Acho falls, but unlikely. So we might need to trade up into rd 3 or if we keep our 3rd, take acho in rd 3.

I love Peterson, but I'm hoping for Quinn at #7.

We need to use one of those mid-round picks and move up from #45. We just HAVE to if we want a good signal caller.

Originally posted by DarthNiner:

We need to use one of those mid-round picks and move up from #45. We just HAVE to if we want a good signal caller.

Our best chance at one of these 2nd tier QBs is at 26, 27, 28 and 33. I just don't see us trading up in front of Seattle. I really see us attempting to trade with NE at #28.

Out of all the teams in front of us in the second, we can offer more because of placement. Therefore, our deal will be more attractive than the others. I can see us trading our 2012 first rounder for the QB and still keep our second.

Now that would be cool. Like we did in 2007 at the same spot. Our 2012 first and one of our 4ths. That will allow us to keep that second or trade it for a 2012 first rounder to make up for the one lost.

Man, it truly could be 2007 all over again. This time for a QB instead of an OT.

Originally posted by ninertico:

Our best chance at one of these 2nd tier QBs is at 26, 27, 28 and 33. I just don't see us trading up in front of Seattle. I really see us attempting to trade with NE at #28.

Out of all the teams in front of us in the second, we can offer more because of placement. Therefore, our deal will be more attractive than the others. I can see us trading our 2012 first rounder for the QB and still keep our second.

Now that would be cool. Like we did in 2007 at the same spot. Our 2012 first and one of our 4ths. That will allow us to keep that second or trade it for a 2012 first rounder to make up for the one lost.

Man, it truly could be 2007 all over again. This time for a QB instead of an OT.

Absolutely NOT!
Originally posted by ninertico:

Absolutely NOT!

• Jcool
  • Veteran
Quote:
SI_PeterKing Peter King

On the home stretch of mock draft construction. There's a big first-round wild card. Clue: He has red hair.
Originally posted by Jcool:
Quote:
SI_PeterKing Peter King

On the home stretch of mock draft construction. There's a big first-round wild card. Clue: He has red hair.

Dum Dum Dum Dum

Stike a pose...
Share 49ersWebzone