There are 116 users in the forums

Remember
Not a member? Register Now!

TCU's QB Andy Dalton

Originally posted by Frisco69ers:
I would love to draft this guy, is he worthy of a 2nd round pick? or will the third round be his place?

Late first, early second, in that same mix with Ponder, Kaepernick, Mallett, Locker.
Originally posted by MadDog49er:
I would love to draft this guy, is he worthy of a 2nd round pick? or will the third round be his place?

Late first, early second, in that same mix with Ponder, Kaepernick, Mallett, Locker.

Just wondering MadDog, of the four QBs above plus Dalton, what would be your QB board?

Mine would look like:

Ponder
Locker
Dalton
Mallett
Kaepernick

And minus Kaepernick, all may have to be trade-up scenarios, so the price would be roughly the same.

[ Edited by NinerBuff on Mar 30, 2011 at 10:58:33 ]
Originally posted by NinerBuff:

Just wondering MadDog, of the four QBs above plus Dalton, what would be your QB board?

Mine would look like:

Ponder
Locker
Dalton
Mallett
Kaepernick

And minus Kaepernick, all may have to be trade-up scenarios, so the price would be roughly the same.

My QB Draft Board looks like this:
1) Gabbert
2) Dalton
3) Newton
4) Ponder
5) Kaepernick
6) Locker
7) Devlin
8) Stanzi
9) Mallett
10) Enderle

Mine would look like:

Ponder
Locker
Dalton
Mallett
Kaepernick

That's a list. This is what yours should look like:

Originally posted by Joecool:

Mine would look like:

Ponder
Locker
Dalton
Mallett
Kaepernick

That's a list. This is what yours should look like:

And maybe the Wheel of Fortune for making the hard choices!
Quarterback Andy Dalton (TCU) is scheduled to visit the 49ers on Wednesday, Foxsports.com reported.

Read more: 49ers visit with corners, pass-rushers
Tune to SportsNet Central at 6, 10:30 and midnight on Comcast SportsNet Bay Area for more on this story
[ Edited by PTulini on Apr 12, 2011 at 6:25 PM ]
Originally posted by PTulini:
Quarterback Andy Dalton (TCU) is scheduled to visit the 49ers on Wednesday, Foxsports.com reported.

Tune to SportsNet Central at 6, 10:30 and midnight on Comcast SportsNet Bay Area for more on this story

The team has appeared to have a lot of interest in Dalton. Whether this interest is legit, or a smokescreen, is another issue, but I could see them going this direction. There seems to be a lot of Jim Harbaugh in Dalton.

The team has appeared to have a lot of interest in Dalton. Whether this interest is legit, or a smokescreen, is another issue, but I could see them going this direction. There seems to be a lot of Jim Harbaugh in Dalton.

Especially his Moxie. I went back to rewatch the Rose Bowl and just came away impressed with his play, that fourth you could see him "Will" it. I love Kaep, but can see Dalton's makeup could jump in cold whereas Kaep would need legit time to ramp up.

What's your take on Dalton's ability to absorb and run Harbaugh's offense quickly?

I hope so. I am re-watching the Rose Bowl right now and he seems really get it. I'm ready for the Niners to have a fiery leader.

It's also interesting watching this to see how TCU's whole offensive game plan seems to revolve around stopping Watt, but thats for a different thread.
  • kush
  • Veteran
I haven't seen enough of any of the QB's to know one way or the other but I like Dalton a lot...in the limited time I've seen him play I've been impressed with how in control he seems. Very cool and collected, I love that!
I like Dalton, but is he worth the 45 pick?
  • TX9R
  • Veteran
Originally posted by jta854:
I like Dalton, but is he worth the 45 pick?

The better question is will he be there? I highly doubt it. We're pretty much going to have to trade up to get any QB other than Stanzi. The list of teams at the top of the 2nd needed QBs is more than prospects available.
I'm not sure why exactly but he kind of reminds me of Garcia.
oh ya, i think he is easily worth a pick at 45... some think he could slip into the 1st round now... seems like all these second tiers qbs are all gaining ground now with CK, JL, CP, and AN all being mentioned now as late first rounders by the talking heads
Originally posted by ghostrider:
I'm not sure why exactly but he kind of reminds me of Garcia.

Reddish hair?
Search Podcast Draft Forum Commentary News Shop Home