There are 125 users in the forums

Remember
Not a member? Register Now!

Who will be the 1st QB off the board now?

• Kolohe
  • Hall of Fame
Originally posted by communist:
Originally posted by 9moon:
Cam Newton and Auburn wins the championship with a bang, and it would make him THE first overall pick...
i love trolls...NOW, the panthers would consider to trade down but nobody wants to trade up...furthermore, the panthers have a BIG hole at DT which means that they will draft a DT with their 1st ovr.

ontopic: newton will be the 1st qb off the board if he plays a nice bowl.

How is he trolling?? Didn't know having an opinion of a QB was considered trolling.

I actually agree with him a little, it certainly would help boost his stock that's for sure.
Originally posted by 49er4life:
Originally posted by MaliCali:
Cam Newton and Auburn wins the championship with a bang, and it would make him THE first overall pick...

you must be new to football..

Gabbert and Locker are 1 and 2, the wild card will be Mallet and how he performs in the combine and pro days, with really strong showings he could jump ahead of one or both of these guys....Newton will be the 4th off the board, but still a likely 1st round pick..

Umm, if you think Locker is going to be the second QB taken, you have no place to talk.

Umm, if you think he's wrong, you have no place to talk
I just hope we dont draft Locker, in the first round anyway,he scares me, but maybe with the right coaching he could be good.
Originally posted by spizzy:

Gabbert and Locker are 1 and 2, the wild card will be Mallet and how he performs in the combine and pro days, with really strong showings he could jump ahead of one or both of these guys....Newton will be the 4th off the board, but still a likely 1st round pick..

Umm, if you think Locker is going to be the second QB taken, you have no place to talk.

Umm, if you think they're wrong, you have no place to talk

[ Edited by chico49erfan on Jan 6, 2011 at 19:16:01 ]
Originally posted by chico49erfan:

Umm, if you think I'm wrong, you have.......no place....eh nevermind
Originally posted by chico49erfan:

Umm, if you think I'm wrong, you have.......no place....eh nevermind

C-C-C-COMBO BREAKER!
Originally posted by Kolohe:
i love trolls...NOW, the panthers would consider to trade down but nobody wants to trade up...furthermore, the panthers have a BIG hole at DT which means that they will draft a DT with their 1st ovr.

ontopic: newton will be the 1st qb off the board if he plays a nice bowl.

How is he trolling?? Didn't know having an opinion of a QB was considered trolling.

I actually agree with him a little, it certainly would help boost his stock that's for sure.
newton 1st ovr??? cam has to play the best bowl-game of all time and he is still a one-year-wonder.
i do understand that desperate franchises reach for a QB but that's way too much. i would consider to spend some money on a veteran qb and a qb-friendly coaching staff instead.
1) Mallett
2) Gabbert

3) The rest.
Originally posted by SanDiego49er:
1) Mallett
2) Gabbert

3) The rest.
no locker??? how come?
1) Mallett
2) Gabbert

3) The rest.
no locker??? how come?

I like the guy and think he has upside. But he won't be the first guy taken. That's all I'm saying. If healthy and with the right coaching he can be something.

Actually you are new to football if you think Locker is 2. Guy isn't getting drafted in the top 10
Originally posted by Blake_Fever:
Strikac--

If Pryor comes out, you'd rate him as your #1 QB? And consider him a franchise QB?

CHRIST.

Amen brother guys gonna be lucky to go in the 3rd
1) Mallett
2) Gabbert

3) The rest.
no locker??? how come?

I like the guy and think he has upside. But he won't be the first guy taken. That's all I'm saying. If healthy and with the right coaching he can be something.

So, is it about their measureables (6'5" plus and 240 lbs each) or the fact that Mallett and Gabbert are considered more NFL ready than the dual threat guys (Locker and Newton)? I really would like to know.......

[ Edited by m_brockalexander on Jan 6, 2011 at 21:42:27 ]
Originally posted by m_brockalexander:
1) Mallett
2) Gabbert

3) The rest.
no locker??? how come?

So, is it about their measureables (6'5" plus and 240 lbs each) or the fact that Mallett and Gabbert are considered more NFL ready than the dual threat guys (Locker and Newton)? I really would like to know.......

The 6'5" 240 lbs. and the big arm is what NFL teams will fall in love with related to Gabbert. I'm not saying I'm sold. In fact even if you look at his best "highlights" I don't see him as being that accurate. I don't personally see the hype with Gabbert. But somebody will take him high.
easy for me to say.

Locker, Mallett, Newton and Devlin in that order, then Stanzi and Ponder.

Gabbert is so friggin overrated. He is Alex Smith Part 2.