LISTEN: Are The 49ers Showing Their Hand? →

There are 206 users in the forums

Senior Bowl Thread

Originally posted by jreff22:
Originally posted by RollinWith21n52:
In exactly a week we're going to be discussing how much we should offer Denver to move up and grab Locker. Book it

Or how much he sucked and we shouldn't look at him, a la Cam after the BCS game. Putting years of work to the side for 1 week of practice or 1 game is retarded.

The Sr. Bowl, like it or not, determines draft grades significantly. Raji went from a 3rd rounder to a top 10 pick. DRC did as well. Iupati benefited greatly from it. And just a while back, Philip Rivers sky rocketed his stock during the Sr. Bowl. Like it or not, it changes draft stocks. This will be an opportunity to see Locker with legitimate talent around him. Lets see how he does. This is, of course, only my prediction. You are free to disagree.
In exactly a week we're going to be discussing how much we should offer Denver to move up and grab Locker. Book it

Or how much he sucked and we shouldn't look at him, a la Cam after the BCS game. Putting years of work to the side for 1 week of practice or 1 game is retarded.

The Sr. Bowl, like it or not, determines draft grades significantly. Raji went from a 3rd rounder to a top 10 pick. DRC did as well. Iupati benefited greatly from it. And just a while back, Philip Rivers sky rocketed his stock during the Sr. Bowl. Like it or not, it changes draft stocks. This will be an opportunity to see Locker with legitimate talent around him. Lets see how he does. This is, of course, only my prediction. You are free to disagree.

Iupati actually had some issues at the combine but his overall tape showed he could play. Raji wasn't rated that low at the end of the season, but the bowl did help his stock. DRC did very well, but CB is easier to get a read on then a QB in a week's worth of practice. Most of the top guys this year are juniors anyways so although I'm looking forward to the game none are on my wish list at #7. If Locker does look amazing somebody else will move to get him.

Iupati actually had some issues at the combine but his overall tape showed he could play. Raji wasn't rated that low at the end of the season, but the bowl did help his stock. DRC did very well, but CB is easier to get a read on then a QB in a week's worth of practice. Most of the top guys this year are juniors anyways so although I'm looking forward to the game none are on my wish list at #7. If Locker does look amazing somebody else will move to get him.

I think if Harbaugh identifies a QB he wants, whether it be Locker or not, and a trade up is needed, Baalke would pull the trigger. Baalke has been through 5 years of horrible quarterbacking, and realizes the importance of fixing it. This team has its mind set on getting a QB

I think if Harbaugh identifies a QB he wants, whether it be Locker or not, and a trade up is needed, Baalke would pull the trigger. Baalke has been through 5 years of horrible quarterbacking, and realizes the importance of fixing it. This team has its mind set on getting a QB

Yeah I think if Harbaugh decides he likes one of these QBs Baalke will most likely make an attempt to get the guy. But it's entirely possible that none of these guys looks like a franchise guy and Harbaugh can spot talent later on in the draft(he had Tony Romo and David Garrard rated higher than Joey Harrington when he was working for the Raiders).
mattbarrows

Stanford players NT Sione Fua and FB/LB Owen Marecic will attend the Senior Bowl, it was announced today. They'll play for the North squad.
Originally posted by valrod33:
mattbarrows

Stanford players NT Sione Fua and FB/LB Owen Marecic will attend the Senior Bowl, it was announced today. They'll play for the North squad.

I hope they both show well. I enjoyed watching both play.
Who's coaching the North and South squads this year?
Bills and Bengals

http://www.seniorbowl.com/article.asp?articleID=262
[ Edited by valrod33 on Jan 19, 2011 at 3:17 PM ]
Cool. Superbowl losing franchise's.
Originally posted by SF69ers:
mattbarrows

Does Marecic play LB, FB or both?

Originally posted by GhostofFredDean74:
mattbarrows

He played both in the Orange Bowl, i think. Don't know how long he's been doing it for.
mattbarrows

He played both in Stanford, but projects more as a fullback in the pros because he's not quick enough to play linebacker in the NFL.
mattbarrows

He played both in Stanford, but projects more as a fullback in the pros because he's not quick enough to play linebacker in the NFL.

Oddly enough, these are the two cats I want to draft for our team. Both could compete to start especially if Franklin goes bye bye.
  • jimrat
  • Veteran
Baalke better do his homework.
Originally posted by jimrat201:
Baalke better do his homework.

No...I'm sure he's going to check out the sweet sights of Alabama.
Share 49ersWebzone