LISTEN: 49ers Play It Smart On Day Two Of The Draft →

There are 263 users in the forums

Senior Bowl Thread

updated the original post.
Bilal Powell is my sleeper RB pick at the Senior Bowl. I think he's going to impress a lot of people with his ability to keep his legs pumping and break off long runs.
Originally posted by Kolohe:
Originally posted by SF69ers:
All eyes on Locker.

This. I really hope he does well. I'm rooting for this kid.

Ricky Stanzi better join too.

Its pretty hard for a QB to boost his stock at the Senior Bowl. They've got one week to learn an NFL offense, to build some kind of chemistry with receivers they've never thrown to. And for the Gimmick offense QB's, they got one week to look like they know what they're doing under center. Honestly, if I were a QB, I'd stay the hell away from the Senior Bowl and look towards the Combine.

This is one of those depends situation and I'm not talking about the diaper. If we are investing in a quarterback with a high pick I want to see how fast he can learn the offense and gel with players he is not familiar with. However if it is someone we are eyeing in the later rounds like the third and we have a good talent evaluator, then I don't want the talent to be seen and do good, cause then his stock may go up and we may lose out on a chance to get him.
  • Kolohe
  • Hall of Fame
Originally posted by AB83Rules:

I think you left out Stanzi or did he decline the invitation???
Originally posted by AB83Rules:

I think you left out Stanzi or did he decline the invitation???

done, sorry i missed him.
Originally posted by GhostofFredDean74:
Bilal Powell is my sleeper RB pick at the Senior Bowl. I think he's going to impress a lot of people with his ability to keep his legs pumping and break off long runs.

I'm with you on him. I've only seen him a few times this year, but he does look good.
Cant wait to see how Locker, Ponder, Stanzi, and Dalton look. This week is huge for each one of them.

I can't remember the last senior bowl where I was this excited to see the qb class
Originally posted by asu49ers:
Cant wait to see how Locker, Ponder, Stanzi, and Dalton look. This week is huge for each one of them.

I can't remember the last senior bowl where I was this excited to see the qb class

Yea definitely a good group. I think all 4 of the guys you mentioned could get a strong look from the niners.

I hope they also take a good look at the 3-4 DL/OLB guys invited

Kerrigan, Bailey, and Clayborn all would be good players if we trade down in the first.
Originally posted by genus49:

Yea definitely a good group. I think all 4 of the guys you mentioned could get a strong look from the niners.

Kerrigan, Bailey, and Clayborn all would be good players if we trade down in the first.

Hey guys when is the Senior Bowl again I was out for a while don't know when it is.
Originally posted by nothing03:
Originally posted by genus49:

Hey guys when is the Senior Bowl again I was out for a while don't know when it is.

Sat jan 29 on NFLN, i think around like 3 or 4 est, not 100% sure, but the workouts will be all week(jan 24-28)

• jimrat
  • Veteran
Harbaugh ready to evaluate players at Senior Bowl.
Originally posted by nvninerfan1:
Originally posted by GhostofFredDean74:

I'm with you on him. I've only seen him a few times this year, but he does look good.

Not quite as powerful, but he has a little Marshawn Lynch to his game.
In exactly a week we're going to be discussing how much we should offer Denver to move up and grab Locker. Book it
Originally posted by RollinWith21n52:
In exactly a week we're going to be discussing how much we should offer Denver to move up and grab Locker. Book it

Or how much he sucked and we shouldn't look at him, a la Cam after the BCS game. Putting years of work to the side for 1 week of practice or 1 game is retarded.
Originally posted by RollinWith21n52:

Damn it, man!

I need not only a new shirt, but new shorts as well.

Share 49ersWebzone