There are 179 users in the forums

Remember
Not a member? Register Now!

Mallett or Newton

Mallett or Newton

Seeing as how Andrew Luck will be long gone way after we pick, I wanted to ask the WZ whom they think would be the better franchise QB to build around. After looking at some mock drafts(see below link), I noticed that Cam will probably a first round pick, so this poll is not totally off base. We all know QB is one of the biggest needs for the niners, so who would you pick?

link

*please don't make this an Andrew Luck thread, as there is already so many.
Neither, we draft Stanzi in the second round.
Where is Cam Newton projected?
Originally posted by DaDivaRecieva15:

according to the link I attached, they have him going number 9 to the Vikings. Although, he seems like a 2nd rounder but could jump up draft boards to the 1st like Josh Freeman did back a couple years ago.

[ Edited by asu49ers on Dec 3, 2010 at 02:50:39 ]
  • mayo49
  • Veteran
I'd take Mallett, Newton is not a pocket passer.
Projections are...I voted Mallet, based upon the games Ive seen this season.
More-so w/the QB position, and natural athletics aside; I believe time and
these tangibles:
  • work ethic
  • team drafted to
  • scheme/system
  • OC/QB Coach

will determine if either will be ever considered Franchise. As odds
dictate, they could be relegated to backup rolls, a different league
entirely, or within a few years, out of the game.
I'd take Newton.
That is a tough one....both of them would be great to have. I would say Mallett. Although, if we take Newton, we have to have an offensive system in place to take advantage of his talents.
What ever happened to Jake Locker? I remember everyone being on his nuts last year. Saying, that if you came out in the draft that he would be contending for the number one pick in the draft. What happened to that kid. Did he really fall off so much to no longer be considered one of the best coming out?
  • Kolohe
  • Hall of Fame
Mallet.

Hes more polished as a passer, which should put him further along in the NFL as a QB.
If we keep playing like we are Luck, Locker, Newton and Mallett will be off the board by the time we pick.

I would rather have Newton and his unlimited potential than Mallett and his predictable one dimensional game. Pro teams are simply going to flush Mallett from the pocket and abuse him.
Newton
Originally posted by ChaunceyGardner:
I would rather have Newton and his unlimited potential than Mallett and his predictable one dimensional game. Pro teams are simply going to flush Mallett from the pocket and abuse him.

this
If we go with new HC and OC going back to WCO, then who? Don't we need an accurate mobile passer instead of typical John Elway, Dan Marino mold? Don't know if Newton fits the accuracy mold, but he sure is mobile.

I like Stanzi in the 2nd or 3rd, but between the two, I take the more talent. Sometimes mobile feet can get you out of trouble.

I believe Alex and Dave are toast leaving Troy and Nate with this rook QB competing for the job next year. If you add Cam to that mix, that is surely one of the most mobile QBs on any squad. All have Moxie, all have arms, all have mobility.

Hmmmmmm...

This will be a very interesting draft when it comes to QB. Certainly both of these may even be gone by the time we pick, making it easier to choose another position unless we think that highly of Locker.

Anyway, too soon to tell, but I do believe that Newton will be on of the top four QBs taken in the first. Where? IDK...otherwise, I would be the living almanac.
Originally posted by DaDivaRecieva15:

Buffalo.