There are 118 users in the forums

Remember
Not a member? Register Now!

My early mocking mock, enjoy.

Originally posted by 49ersfan80:
IMO Fairley is a 4-3 DT type, whose game is penetration and not 2-gapping. I'd like the 49ers to get either a big-time pass rusher such as Robert Quinn, or a quality cover corner like Amukamara.

I agree with you however I think we should switch to a 4-3 and change coaches. Adrian Clayborn or Quinn like you say would be good selections.

Here is some more I found on him after I posted though 4-3 is likely his destination:

2011 NFL Draft Prospect Scouting Report:
person
Nick Fairley, DT, Auburn
Fairley is launching an assault on draft boards and mock drafts this season. Through nine games, Auburn's star defensive tackle leads the team with 18 tackles for loss, 10 more than any other Tiger. Fairley also leads the undefeated Tigers with 7.5 sacks, four more than any of his teammates. He is third on the team with 18 solo tackles, fourth with 43 total tackles, first with 15 quarterback hurries, and he also has both an interception and a fumble recovery. Fairley has truly exploded into national prominence this year, as he spent 2008 playing JUCO ball and in 2009 he made just two starts for Auburn.

Fairley's blend of size and speed is truly incredible. He stands at 6'5'' and 298 pounds, and he has been clocked as fast as 4.83 in the 40-yard dash. An athletic defender, Fairley plays inside in Auburn's vaunted defense but he could move outside in a 3-4 scheme at the next level. It's a jump that he will likely make after his junior year based on his recent performance, and there is no reason to think he won't continue to astound at the combine. Assuming he leaves, Fairley should be soaring into first-round consideration. "

link

[ Edited by ChaunceyGardner on Dec 1, 2010 at 16:55:11 ]
Originally posted by 49ersalldaway126:
i would trade back in that scenario to get jenkins

if we exist first round without luck or a CB it is an automatic failure of a draft

Yup, if we cannot trade up for Luck I am thinking there will not be the best player for us sitting there. A trade back would work well. I think there will be a group of CB's at the end of first/beginning of second that we should go after.
Originally posted by jojomellon:
Denver takes ANOTHER wr? They drafted one in the 1st last year and in the 4th and have Eddie Royal and Brandon Lloyd. There have a million holes on Defense, an ancient secondary and no talent at all on the D line,

I just don't see the teams ahead of them taking AJ and the draft is so deep with Dline. This would be a good place for Denver to pick up some of those picks they dropped on Tebow.
Originally posted by drake49er:
Are you not expecting Da'Quan Bowers to come out this year or are you just not expecting him to go in the first round?

Somehow did not put New England (from Oakland) on the mock. Thanks!
I think it's pretty solid, besides Foles in the 1st round. and I can easily see Denver taking a Wr in this draft. McDaniels will do something nutty on draft day. Just look at his last 2 drafts.

[ Edited by lamontb on Dec 3, 2010 at 07:26:47 ]
Originally posted by ChaunceyGardner:
Originally posted by jojomellon:
Denver takes ANOTHER wr? They drafted one in the 1st last year and in the 4th and have Eddie Royal and Brandon Lloyd. There have a million holes on Defense, an ancient secondary and no talent at all on the D line,

I just don't see the teams ahead of them taking AJ and the draft is so deep with Dline. This would be a good place for Denver to pick up some of those picks they dropped on Tebow.

Thatd certainly be a good move and since you didn't include trades, that's a def. Possibility.
You realize you left out Allen Bailey right?
Originally posted by Sjceruti:
You realize you left out Allen Bailey right?

There are going to be some good DL's left out of the first round this year and you know who is going to be there at the end of the first/top of the second with ammo to move up no problem? NE
Originally posted by lamontb:
I think it's pretty solid, besides Foles in the 1st round. and I can easily see Denver taking a Wr in this draft. McDaniels will do something nutty on draft day. Just look at his last 2 drafts.

I could see Denver taking a QB now.
Originally posted by ChaunceyGardner:
Originally posted by 49ersfan80:
IMO Fairley is a 4-3 DT type, whose game is penetration and not 2-gapping. I'd like the 49ers to get either a big-time pass rusher such as Robert Quinn, or a quality cover corner like Amukamara.

I agree with you however I think we should switch to a 4-3 and change coaches. Adrian Clayborn or Quinn like you say would be good selections.

Here is some more I found on him after I posted though 4-3 is likely his destination:

2011 NFL Draft Prospect Scouting Report:
person
Nick Fairley, DT, Auburn
Fairley is launching an assault on draft boards and mock drafts this season. Through nine games, Auburn's star defensive tackle leads the team with 18 tackles for loss, 10 more than any other Tiger. Fairley also leads the undefeated Tigers with 7.5 sacks, four more than any of his teammates. He is third on the team with 18 solo tackles, fourth with 43 total tackles, first with 15 quarterback hurries, and he also has both an interception and a fumble recovery. Fairley has truly exploded into national prominence this year, as he spent 2008 playing JUCO ball and in 2009 he made just two starts for Auburn.

Fairley's blend of size and speed is truly incredible. He stands at 6'5'' and 298 pounds, and he has been clocked as fast as 4.83 in the 40-yard dash. An athletic defender, Fairley plays inside in Auburn's vaunted defense but he could move outside in a 3-4 scheme at the next level. It's a jump that he will likely make after his junior year based on his recent performance, and there is no reason to think he won't continue to astound at the combine. Assuming he leaves, Fairley should be soaring into first-round consideration. "

link

If we get Gruden and he goes back to the 4-3 Tampa-2, then I can see Fairly being the next Sapp in that scheme. However, wouldn't Bowers be a more prudent choice since we would need a pass rusher. Given how your draft plays out, doesn't Bowers seem like the better choice.

Given that, I still like Fairley. If we stay in the 3-4, I can see Quinn. Here's another thing too, I expect us to win out and lose top 10 status.

If that is the case, what about Clayborn?

Nice mock though.
  • titan
  • Veteran
That is the worse draft ever! Nick Fairley to us with locker and Foles???
Originally posted by titan:
That is the worse draft ever! Nick Fairley to us with locker and Foles???

i like it hes a good pass rusher and a run stuffer i would however perfered a CB but none were avaliable