Originally posted by 49ersfan80:
IMO Fairley is a 4-3 DT type, whose game is penetration and not 2-gapping. I'd like the 49ers to get either a big-time pass rusher such as Robert Quinn, or a quality cover corner like Amukamara.
I agree with you however I think we should switch to a 4-3 and change coaches. Adrian Clayborn or Quinn like you say would be good selections.
Here is some more I found on him after I posted though 4-3 is likely his destination:
2011 NFL Draft Prospect Scouting Report:
person
Nick Fairley, DT, Auburn
Fairley is launching an assault on draft boards and mock drafts this season. Through nine games, Auburn's star defensive tackle leads the team with 18 tackles for loss, 10 more than any other Tiger. Fairley also leads the undefeated Tigers with 7.5 sacks, four more than any of his teammates. He is third on the team with 18 solo tackles, fourth with 43 total tackles, first with 15 quarterback hurries, and he also has both an interception and a fumble recovery. Fairley has truly exploded into national prominence this year, as he spent 2008 playing JUCO ball and in 2009 he made just two starts for Auburn.
Fairley's blend of size and speed is truly incredible. He stands at 6'5'' and 298 pounds, and he has been clocked as fast as 4.83 in the 40-yard dash. An athletic defender, Fairley plays inside in Auburn's vaunted defense but he could move outside in a 3-4 scheme at the next level. It's a jump that he will likely make after his junior year based on his recent performance, and there is no reason to think he won't continue to astound at the combine. Assuming he leaves, Fairley should be soaring into first-round consideration. "
link
[ Edited by ChaunceyGardner on Dec 1, 2010 at 16:55:11 ]
