LISTEN: Are The 49ers Showing Their Hand? →

There are 207 users in the forums

If Jim Harbaugh is an NFL Coach next year, Will Luck pull and Elway/Eli move?

If Jim Harbaugh is an NFL Coach next year, Will Luck pull and Elway/Eli move?

• Kolohe
  • Hall of Fame
Originally posted by jreff22:
Originally posted by Kolohe:
^^^That's why I let you guys answer that one, that question was too hard for me to answer. I've been pondering that question in my head for awhile now.

No QB could be successful with this current coaching staff.

Well I wasn't thinking of Luck being with this coaching staff either. Basically my choices I was thinking about were:

Luck - With Murlarkey or Holmgren as HC

Harbaugh - Mallet, Locker, Stanzi, Kolb or any QB you think would be available to us.
  • dmax
  • Veteran
Originally posted by Sjceruti:
Boom.

We've got weapons too we just need a coaching staff to use them properly.

I can see us with the proper coaching emerging as a team like atlanta in Matt Ryans rookie year.

Good running game, weapons and a solid defense.

sorry...we have a horrible defense
Originally posted by dmax:
Originally posted by Sjceruti:
Boom.

We've got weapons too we just need a coaching staff to use them properly.

I can see us with the proper coaching emerging as a team like atlanta in Matt Ryans rookie year.

Good running game, weapons and a solid defense.

sorry...we have a horrible defense

You're right. A defense that is 4th in YPA rushing and 15th in passing yards allowed is horrible with an offense that does them no favors.

People like you make me wonder why you follow this team if all you're gonna do is blindly hate.

But I guess
Originally posted by scoobyduu24:
He doesn't seem like that kind of guy to me. Spoiled ass Eli and his meddling family had a lot to do with him wanting out of SD.

Umm i thought he wanted to be in new york because the money for endorsements would be more if he played for them.
  • titan
  • Veteran
Originally posted by jreff22:
^^^That's why I let you guys answer that one, that question was too hard for me to answer. I've been pondering that question in my head for awhile now.

No QB could be successful with this current coaching staff.

Well I wasn't thinking of Luck being with this coaching staff either. Basically my choices I was thinking about were:

Luck - With Murlarkey or Holmgren as HC

Harbaugh - Mallet, Locker, Stanzi, Kolb or any QB you think would be available to us.

Heads or tails? that's a win, win situation for us. But thinking that we are getting Harbaugh and Luck is dilusonal. What you put down is more realistic!
Originally posted by MaybeNextYear:
I sure hope so lol

Luck - With Murlarkey or Holmgren as HC why do u prefer mularkey or holmgren over harbaugh if we indeed would get luck??? i am a little bit confused.

some rumours say niners may hire mike lombardi as g.m. because he can deliver harbaugh--if harbaugh was smart he would tell niners that if they want him, they need to get that #1 pick to take luck

luck is heads and tails better than gabbert kolb or any other option for niners qb in 2011
Originally posted by hofer36:
some rumours say niners may hire mike lombardi as g.m. because he can deliver harbaugh--if harbaugh was smart he would tell niners that if they want him, they need to get that #1 pick to take luck

luck is heads and tails better than gabbert kolb or any other option for niners qb in 2011

Jessica Alba is a much better option than others but it doesn't mean you have any chance...
No

I've been saying this for a while, and everything is really in harbaughs lap cuz if we want him we have to meet his demands, that's y we are trying to get Lombardi and baalke so they can work together (which both have ties with harbaugh). That's part 1, part 2 is harbaugh will want to be able to make decisions about who comes in player wise. So I think it's a package deal if this team wants harbaugh they must get luck and have Lombardi and baalke in the fo. GOD!!! I hope this happens
  • fryet
  • Veteran
Carolina used to be a decent team, so I don't know if Luck would want to go there. I would think for most QBs, the question that they will have is how solid is the OL for the team. If Carolina has a decent OL, I think Luck would probably be happy going to them.

The OL is a strength for the 49ers (although it should be even better than it is), so I think any QB we draft would be happy to be picked by the 49ers.

I can see this scenario happening. Let's say Luck doesn't want to go to Carolina. A team with a high draft pick (like the 49ers) gets Harbaugh as their coach. Harbaugh talks to Luck and asks him if he would declare if the 49ers have the first pick. Luck says yes (behind closed doors of course). Luck avoids declaring (or maybe even says that he has decided to stay in college). 49ers trade up for the first pick in the draft. Luck declares. 49ers draft Luck.
Originally posted by fryet:
Carolina used to be a decent team, so I don't know if Luck would want to go there. I would think for most QBs, the question that they will have is how solid is the OL for the team. If Carolina has a decent OL, I think Luck would probably be happy going to them.

The OL is a strength for the 49ers (although it should be even better than it is), so I think any QB we draft would be happy to be picked by the 49ers.

I can see this scenario happening. Let's say Luck doesn't want to go to Carolina. A team with a high draft pick (like the 49ers) gets Harbaugh as their coach. Harbaugh talks to Luck and asks him if he would declare if the 49ers have the first pick. Luck says yes (behind closed doors of course). Luck avoids declaring (or maybe even says that he has decided to stay in college). 49ers trade up for the first pick in the draft. Luck declares. 49ers draft Luck.

What? That makes absolutely no sense. Pass what you are smoking man.
  • Amir
  • RIP Amir, Hall of Fame
Originally posted by daragon:

LOL Pass it to me too man.

Luck has to declare by Jan 15 and no way in hell there are any trades done by then. So if Luck declares, then and only then can he work on pulling an Eli move. If he doesn't declare, then its a moot point regardless.

[ Edited by Amir_Mamu on Jan 4, 2011 at 12:39:52 ]
  • fryet
  • Veteran
Originally posted by Amir_Mamu:
Originally posted by daragon:

LOL Pass it to me too man.

Luck has to declare by Jan 15 and no way in hell there are any trades done by then. So if Luck declares, then and only then can he work on pulling an Eli move. If he doesn't declare, then its a moot point regardless.

First off, let me say that if I were a betting man, I would place a bet that the above scenario will not happen. But if Luck was thinking that he wanted to be with his college coach in the NFL, that is the way to do it. If teams can trade a draft pick a year in the future, I see no reason why they can't do it now. The way to force this trade is to offer the farm on January 14th for the draft pick, and make the other team think that the player will choose to not declare for the draft if Carolina is holding the #1 pick. Considering that today is the 4th, a lot would have to happen quickly.
Share 49ersWebzone