LISTEN: The 49ers Pick Is In! →

There are 324 users in the forums

The Ricky Stanzi Bandwagon

Iowa is clearly not putting the game on Stanzi's back. He has made some accurate short throws to get that 1st TD. Very nice deep post throw to the WR for a long TD. This game is not hurting his draft stock, that's for sure.
  • mayo49
  • Veteran
Originally posted by oldman9er:
Iowa is clearly not putting the game on Stanzi's back. He has made some accurate short throws to get that 1st TD. Very nice deep post throw to the WR for a long TD. This game is not hurting his draft stock, that's for sure.

What do you think about his arm, is it strong enough?
Originally posted by mayo49:
Originally posted by oldman9er:

What do you think about his arm, is it strong enough?

It's not gonna wow you, but yes, he appears to be capable of making all of the necessary NFL throws. Some QBs have larger passing windows thanks to their strong arms. Stanzi will have a smaller window, so he will need to rely on better timing and decisions. ( he's no Shaun Hill, pie chucker though )
Perfect position to see Stanzi in, will he lead them downfield for a win?
  • mayo49
  • Veteran
Originally posted by teeohh:

Yeah, 2 minute drill.
his receivers sure are not helping him out here....
Are you guys sure Stanzi is a second rounder? Walter football has him in the 3rd round. Just wondering if he's a little overrated on here.
looked like he threw a pie there
Are you guys sure Stanzi is a second rounder? Walter football has him in the 3rd round. Just wondering if he's a little overrated on here.

It would be just a prediction that he continues to play well and looks sharp at the Combine. That's what would put him in the 2nd rd. Right now, I think he's a solid 3rd rounder.

Wow, his RT looked like Anthony Davis there.
  • Jcool
  • Veteran
Originally posted by mayo49:

Yeah, 2 minute drill.

and he does not....

I watched the second half of the Iowa/NorthWestern game so I could see what all this Stanzi talk is about.

I gotta be honest, I'm still not sure what all this Stanzi talk is about. Seems like his receivers have great hands and his line gives him a lot of time, but I'm not seeing the kind of QB play I'd want to spend a high pick on.

Am I missing something?
Originally posted by TheFunkyChicken:
I watched the second half of the Iowa/NorthWestern game so I could see what all this Stanzi talk is about.

I gotta be honest, I'm still not sure what all this Stanzi talk is about. Seems like his receivers have great hands and his line gives him a lot of time, but I'm not seeing the kind of QB play I'd want to spend a high pick on.

Am I missing something?

Eh he's usually more clutch than that and plays better than that. I didn't see the first half but he didn't play very well in the 2nd.
  • mayo49
  • Veteran
Originally posted by TheFunkyChicken:

Am I missing something?

His arm doesn't seem very strong, kind of like Pennington.
Luck/Locker/Mallet get debated for a high first round pick. I think I am looking at Stanzi and Dalton from TCU as 2 round guys.
Originally posted by ChaunceyGardner:
Luck/Locker/Mallet get debated for a high first round pick. I think I am looking at Stanzi and Dalton from TCU as 2 round guys.

thats would be correct however i think luck is really the only qb worth going for in 1st round i think locker mallet stanzi or ponder would need to sit a year before they play
Share 49ersWebzone