LISTEN: Final 49ers 7-Round Mock Draft With Steph Sanchez →

There are 261 users in the forums

Locker v. Luck, The Great QB Debate

Locker v. Luck, The Great QB Debate

Originally posted by SF69ers:
Originally posted by niners94:
There is no need for a debate. It's clear for whoever has seen both play that Luck is the better QB.

Absolutely. But Locker is not a bad consolation.

I disagree...I don't want Locker. He needs a stable offense and a good coach to groom him. We have neither. He'll be a good NFL QB on the right team, but we are not that team.

Luck or Stanzi would be much more suited, IMO. Or wait a year and snag Barkley.
Originally posted by nipplehead:
There is no need for a debate. It's clear for whoever has seen both play that Luck is the better QB.

I disagree...I don't want Locker. He needs a stable offense and a good coach to groom him. We have neither. He'll be a good NFL QB on the right team, but we are not that team.

You can say the same thing about either QB is we don't have the right coaching situation here. However, if we end up getting someone like Harbaugh, he would do well with Locker and Stanzi.

You can say the same thing about either QB is we don't have the right coaching situation here. However, if we end up getting someone like Harbaugh, he would do well with Locker and Stanzi.

Haha, I guess it is fair to say that we don't have the right coaching situation for anyone. Good point. I guess what I'm saying is, I don't think Locker can start right away. I think he needs a year under his belt in the league, and some good coaching, before he can maximize his potential. I don't think we can offer him either - if we draft him, he starts, and we can't coach him up at the moment.

Meanwhile, if we get Luck, he can play right away as he is far more NFL-ready.

If we get Harbaugh, sure, he would be a great coach for Locker. But we still need Locker to sit for a year, IMO. And if we have Harbaugh, wouldn't it make sense to get Luck, who he is intimately familiar with?

Haha, I guess it is fair to say that we don't have the right coaching situation for anyone. Good point. I guess what I'm saying is, I don't think Locker can start right away. I think he needs a year under his belt in the league, and some good coaching, before he can maximize his potential. I don't think we can offer him either - if we draft him, he starts, and we can't coach him up at the moment.

If we get Harbaugh, sure, he would be a great coach for Locker. But we still need Locker to sit for a year, IMO. And if we have Harbaugh, wouldn't it make sense to get Luck, who he is intimately familiar with?

Absolutely, Luck would be the choice if we were given the opportunity to select him. However, it looks like the Bills would probably end up picking him over us. Picking up a vet QB would probably be a good idea (Carson Palmer?) if we ended up with Locker and he isn't quite ready to take the field.

Absolutely, Luck would be the choice if we were given the opportunity to select him. However, it looks like the Bills would probably end up picking him over us. Picking up a vet QB would probably be a good idea (Carson Palmer?) if we ended up with Locker and he isn't quite ready to take the field.

If we got Palmer+Locker+a good coach (Harbaugh!) I would retract all my reservations and would be VERY happy. Hell, Palmer could start for 2 years while Locker learns the NFL system and speed of play. That would be awesome.

If we got Palmer+Locker+a good coach (Harbaugh!) I would retract all my reservations and would be VERY happy. Hell, Palmer could start for 2 years while Locker learns the NFL system and speed of play. That would be awesome.

Damn, that actually got me real excited
Share 49ersWebzone