We're not going to have either

Originally posted by teeohh:
I just want a qb that won't be a bust

Kevin Riley?

No.....

[ Edited by billbird2111 on Oct 19, 2010 at 16:30:12 ]
Originally posted by SourdoughDan:
Originally posted by communist:
just a second, how long has he been playing in a pro-style offense?

Is this the question you were waiting to be answered? Locker and Luck are in their second seasons in a pro style offense.
because someone has written that locker struggles in the new system this season...but the system isnt new.
I have a lucrative debate.

Let's say if somehow we end up flanking the season, and get a draft pick low enough for Luck, will the organization/John Brodie allow Andrew Luck to un-retire jersey #12? (In the same gesture as when Dilfer -who was a friend of Brodie- wore #12 in Brodie's honor during his tenor in SF.)

Brodie carried the organization's image during our first most substantial decades (and is an incredibly underrated 49er), but #12 is a GODLY QB number (as history has shown) that should be worn by a (franchise) 49er QB once again.

Originally posted by SourdoughDan:
just a second, how long has he been playing in a pro-style offense?

Is this the question you were waiting to be answered? Locker and Luck are in their second seasons in a pro style offense.
because someone has written that locker struggles in the new system this season...but the system isnt new.

Yeah, Locker and Luck have both been in pro-style offenses for almost 2 years. Only advantage (as I said earlier) is that one (Luck) is excelling within an advanced/intelligent WCO (pro-ready NFL system), and the other is struggling in a generic Air-Coryell pro system, still dependent of the shotgun because he's a (preferential) scrambler.

[ Edited by SnakePlissken on Oct 20, 2010 at 00:45:00 ]
Originally posted by SnakePlissken:

Yeah, Locker and Luck have both been in pro-style offenses for almost 2 years. Only advantage (as I said earlier) is that one (Luck) is excelling within an advanced/intelligent WCO (pro-ready NFL system), and the other is struggling in a generic Air-Coryell pro system, still dependent of the shotgun because he's a (preferential) scrambler.
where did locker struggle last year???
bradford played in a non-nfl system in his college career...

[ Edited by communist on Oct 20, 2010 at 00:52:38 ]
Draft Locker. It would piss off Seahawk fans.
Originally posted by TheNaitch:
Draft Locker. It would piss off Seahawk fans.
I'm very excited about the situation if we can draft locker or robinson in the 1st round.
Locker please!
  • Hopper
  • Veteran
Luck is still the number 1 QB. But we're getting Locker which I'm ok with.

"If" we get a new FO and Coach.....and they See how big a need QB is, theirs always a chance they sell the farm to move up to get Luck.
  • 4ML
  • Veteran

Hopefully. Neither has shown enough that they can be franchise QBs at the next level. Luck needs to stay in college one more year and Locker is all over the place during long stretches.
Originally posted by highway49:
"If" we get a new FO and Coach.....and they See how big a need QB is, theirs always a chance they sell the farm to move up to get Luck.

I would not be angry if they did. It woul worry me, but I wouldn't be angry.
Originally posted by 49ersMyLife:

Hopefully. Neither has shown enough that they can be franchise QBs at the next level. Luck needs to stay in college one more year and Locker is all over the place during long stretches.

Are you serious? Both are considered the top QBs in the next draft (if Luck declares). A few analysts said that Locker would've been the first QB taken in the last draft had he declared. Both have two years experience in a pro style offense. Both have quick releases, mobile in the pocket. Luck has great accuracy and decision making skills, while Locker has a cannon and speed to break a run for a huge gain.

Luck has shown this season that he can handle being the leader that carries the team. The same goes with Locker since Washington has no talent. Also, Locker has only had one bad game this year and it was against arguably the best defense in the nation in Nebraska.
Originally posted by SF69ers:
Originally posted by 49ersMyLife:

Are you serious? Both are considered the top QBs in the next draft (if Luck declares). A few analysts said that Locker would've been the first QB taken in the last draft had he declared. Both have two years experience in a pro style offense. Both have quick releases, mobile in the pocket. Luck has great accuracy and decision making skills, while Locker has a cannon and speed to break a run for a huge gain.

Luck has shown this season that he can handle being the leader that carries the team. The same goes with Locker since Washington has no talent. Also, Locker has only had one bad game this year and it was against arguably the best defense in the nation in Nebraska.

I agree. The Niners would be thrilled to get either of the two. Luck has everything it takes to be a star in the NFL. I would do anything I could to move up in the draft to get him. While I am not quite as high on Locker there is no doubt that he has the arm and the feet to be a solid QB at the next level. Crazy to say they havent shown enough.
Share 49ersWebzone