Quarterback Watch

• Kolohe
  • Hall of Fame
Originally posted by 9erfanAUS:
Originally posted by Hopper:
Originally posted by jreff22:
Originally posted by FredFlintstone:
damn we would be picking too low for luck or mallett

Luck is going 1 overall so forget about him. Even if we suck VERY bad we wont be that bad.

Not so fast because teams with the number one pick are always looking to trade down. If that Niners have to trade up to get Luck. Then that's just what they have to do.

I can't remember the last time a team successfully traded for the #1 overall pick.

-9fA

NY Giants back in 2004.
Originally posted by Travisty13:
I still wanna know what makes Locker a "good" QB? What's so different between him and Matt Jones? Jones played in a run oriented offense with just as weak a team as Locker has, plus he played in the S.E.C. against tough teams every week vs. the Pac-10 and just a few good teams. Both a Scrambing QBs with no accuracy.
Locker's career stats: 481-905 53.1% 6000yards 42TDs-28INTs Rating:118.0
M.Jones' career stats: 417-755 55.2% 5857yards 53TDs-30INTs Rating:134.9
So again, what is the difference between the 2 besides that Jones is taller and probably faster?

No one has yet to give me an answer to how they are different. I still think Locker is garbage. If Alex can't cut it as our QB give me Luck however possible, and Kellen Moore as a backup. Moore will be a good QB in the NFL, not saying great or even a starter, but he'd be a terrific backup at least in my opinion.
  • Kolohe
  • Hall of Fame
I still wanna know what makes Locker a "good" QB? What's so different between him and Matt Jones? Jones played in a run oriented offense with just as weak a team as Locker has, plus he played in the S.E.C. against tough teams every week vs. the Pac-10 and just a few good teams. Both a Scrambing QBs with no accuracy.
So again, what is the difference between the 2 besides that Jones is taller and probably faster?

No one has yet to give me an answer to how they are different. I still think Locker is garbage. If Alex can't cut it as our QB give me Luck however possible, and Kellen Moore as a backup. Moore will be a good QB in the NFL, not saying great or even a starter, but he'd be a terrific backup at least in my opinion.

Well IMO there pretty much the same QB. They both make that 1st one and done read then they take off running, most of the time. Although I think Matt Jones ran a lot more than Jake Locker now, and not Jake Locker the freshman. But now that Steve Sarkisian took over as Washington's HC, hes really helped Locker with his passing, he still stares down his receivers a lot. But Jake Locker, Matt Jones and Tim Tebow are all comparable IMO.
Originally posted by Kolohe:

Well IMO there pretty much the same QB. They both make that 1st one and done read then they take off running, most of the time. Although I think Matt Jones ran a lot more than Jake Locker now, and not Jake Locker the freshman. But now that Steve Sarkisian took over as Washington's HC, hes really helped Locker with his passing, he still stares down his receivers a lot. But Jake Locker, Matt Jones and Tim Tebow are all comparable IMO.

Thank you. I completely agree. And I'm not a Tebow fan at all, but out of the 3 he's a far better QB then Jones was or Locker is. Tebow at least had a good completion percentage. I agree with whoever said they've never seen a QB with bad accuracy finally become an accurate QB in the NFL. NFL are far more complex then college Ds. Therefore if you can't complete passes in college, why would anyone assume it'd be any different in the pros.
Anyone else excited to see how Ryan Mallett preforms against alabama tomorrow? hopefully he preforms better than last year 12/35 160 yards 1 td 1 int.
All i know is i have a man crush on andrew luck after last weekend.
  • titan
  • Veteran
Originally posted by al49erfan:
Anyone else excited to see how Ryan Mallett preforms against alabama tomorrow? hopefully he preforms better than last year 12/35 160 yards 1 td 1 int.

I'm also interested in seeing his two receivcer's Joe Adams who is a very shifty player really good on PR/KR. Greg Childs who is a solid receiver awesome at Jump balls and fade routes, also very good at run after the catch. He is no where near Fitzgerals talent, but he is in the same mold and similar playing style.
[ Edited by titan on Sep 25, 2010 at 11:41 AM ]
Andrew Luck vs Notre Dame and Ryan Mallett vs Alabama! Wow, what a GREAT morning for College football!
Well after our MNF, we could have used Mallett for that safety! :)
Man, Andrew Luck sure looks the part!

Originally posted by DynastyPart2:

He reminds me a lot of Philip Rivers and Peyton Manning coming out of college. If we get this kid he'd be in a Mark Sanchez/Jets situation with a line/tons of weapons to work with and we'd be instant SB favorites.

Seriously, we need to pull a 2009 Jets and trade everything we have up for this kid.
Mallett looks like a bust in the making and Luck need alot to prove didn't impress me. Locker is just terrible. Don't like this QB class at all.
I'm on board for Harbough and Luck.

Kinda wish we could just get them now.....
Originally posted by SnakePlissken:
Originally posted by DynastyPart2:

He reminds me a lot of Philip Rivers and Peyton Manning coming out of college. If we get this kid he'd be in a Mark Sanchez/Jets situation with a line/tons of weapons to work with and we'd be instant SB favorites.

Seriously, we need to pull a 2009 Jets and trade everything we have up for this kid.

this
[ Edited by IdentityCrisis on Sep 26, 2010 at 12:41 PM ]
Share 49ersWebzone