1. NT- We need to stop the "we don't have a true NT" talk. We do. The only question is, will we have him for the longterm? We need draft a potential starter at this position because as of right now, if we were to lose Aubrayo Franklin next year, we are toast.
2. CB- I like the trip of Brown/Spencer/Clements. The extra corner is jsut a nice insurance policy. Clements will be in year 5 in what in all likelihood is a 6 year deal next season. Time to start developing an eventual replacement or third corner in the event that we let him walk.
3. QB- Contingent upon the play of Alex Smith AND the development of Nate Davis.
4. DE- This pick is based solely upon what happens with Kentawn Balmer this season. If he can come in and make consistent contributions, we're fine. If not, We may be drafting a DE in one of the first 3 rounds.
5. OLB- People like to rag on Manny Lawson, but he brings much more to the table than Parys Haralson. If Haralson cannot get consistent pressure on the QB and generate sacks (along with Brooks not panning out as a possible starter), we may need to look at a OLB in the later rounds.
6. C/G- After Heitman, center is a big ? mark. And right now, we have no one at the guard position that is a sure thing.