LISTEN: Are The 49ers Showing Their Hand? →

There are 224 users in the forums

Who do you want in the 2nd and 3rd rounds ?

what about trindon holliday instead? McCluster seems kinda smallish and doesn't have that take it to the house ginn/spiller type speed
Originally posted by silkyjohnson:
what about trindon holliday instead? McCluster seems kinda smallish and doesn't have that take it to the house ginn/spiller type speed

Holiday would be a significant reach at round 3! And plays WR. Wr isnt a need unless it is a SUPERIOR Talent. Holiday wouldnt see the field as the 5th string WR, behing CRABTREE, GINN, MORGAN, JONES! Id take Holiday....in a later round.
Originally posted by silkyjohnson:

his 40 wasnt 4.4 or 4.3 but if you look at his highlights dude can take it to the house anytime he has the ball. he has excellent football speed
Originally posted by 9ersnation:
I would like to trade back in the 2nd if possible and pick up an extra pick. If not I like Taylor Mays and McCluster in the 3rd. Not sure if we can get him in the 3rd but deffinatly a game changer that the offense needs

I don't know if I'm the only one thinking we don't need a pass rusher? We were on of the best in the league in sacks. Sure we don't have a guy with 12 sacks but I'll take it if Manny gets 8, Harlson gets 8, Brooks gets 8 and Willis and Spikes get a few

I wouldnt mind trading back and gaining either an extra 3rd or 4th rounder!
Oh, dont forget we added Laboy! I hope we dont trade Lawson 2mrw or Saturday.
Originally posted by DaFaro49ers:
Im truthfully hoping Taylor Mays falls all the way to our Pick 49! But I doubt that will occur.

But, we need a nice hard hitting safety with ball hawking skills...and that will be Reshad Jones!

And in Round 3, we get what i believe the steal of the draft...Dexter McCluster..A copy of Chris Johnson, just a tad bit smaller. Adds much needed speed to a speed needy team!

What do you guys think?

What are your projections for the next two rounds!

Do not be surprised if we trade Lawson for a 4th rounder

It'd be nice if we could get a 3rd for Lawson.
Originally posted by maxsmart:
Originally posted by LeftBankeNiner:
More offensive linemen. We need to use all of our picks on that position.

Yes...... run, kill, smash, destroy ..... aaarrrrhhhhh

Screw the passing game..... I think Singletary should adopt the wishbone. Sing is a caveman.

But dude, we got good players.
Originally posted by DaveWilcox:
Originally posted by bret:
I'd be thrilled if we ended up with Akwasi Owusu-Ansah and Brandon Spikes.

No Spikes...Donald Butler

Owusu-Ansah seems like he could make a great FS (possible cb). Donald Butler would be SICK!! A great ILB and perfect for the ted spot.

These two in the 2nd and 3rd and I'd be very content
  • nickytheniner
  • Info N/A
Im praying Taylor Mays slips to us in the second or imagine if Sergio Kindle was still there... nah thats to far fetched. But i hope we do get Mays
Originally posted by rob28:
Originally posted by dj43:
The greatest remaining need is for a safety that can cover the #3 receiver. After that it is BPA.

you mean a cb? safeties dont cover the #3 wr, the nickel cb does.

well its all packaged based. Are we running a 3-4 against a trips set, than yes the safety will cover the 3rd wr.
Originally posted by WillistheWall:
Originally posted by DaFaro49ers:
Im truthfully hoping Taylor Mays falls all the way to our Pick 49! But I doubt that will occur.

But, we need a nice hard hitting safety with ball hawking skills...and that will be Reshad Jones!

And in Round 3, we get what i believe the steal of the draft...Dexter McCluster..A copy of Chris Johnson, just a tad bit smaller. Adds much needed speed to a speed needy team!

What do you guys think?

What are your projections for the next two rounds!

Do not be surprised if we trade Lawson for a 4th rounder

It'd be nice if we could get a 3rd for Lawson.

True. If we dont get the CB/S we want in round 2 or 3. Dre Bly and Walt Harris better have their cell phones ready.

Originally posted by CRH49:
We'll trade our 2nd and 3rd this year, and our 1st next year to move up for Clausen, just to piss me off.

Ah, Clausen. This would be the Clausen that people wanted us to trade UP from our 13th pick to get, would it? Or perhaps there is another Clausen!
Originally posted by LeftBankeNiner:
More O Lineman. Today was so much fun. I can't wait for tomorrow.

Posts like this always strike a nerve in me. I get why the average fan might complain about picks like this, and even say that they are not "sexy" picks. However if you ask me if these guys develop like they are expected to and open huge holes for Frank, and give more time for Alex, I see that as making pretty exciting and maybe even "sexy" draft picks.
2nd round Ricky Sapp

3rd round Jerome Murrphy

Sing also said he wanted multiple guys who could return kicks so maybe
Javier Arenas?
AOA please
I'd like to see a CB as the top priority. Ideally, AOA would be great value in the 3rd, but with the run on CB's today, they might just have to pull the trigger on him if he's still there in the 2nd. This FO has already shown that they are not very patient, trading up for A. Davis today.

CB
OLB
NT
SS

2 out of that list seem like it'd be a good day.
Share 49ersWebzone