LISTEN: Final 49ers 7-Round Mock Draft With Steph Sanchez →

There are 299 users in the forums

Manny Lawson maybe traded for a draft pick over the weekend!

Originally posted by DaFaro49ers:
Originally posted by DaDivaRecieva15:
Originally posted by doc_brown_:
Link

http://espn.go.com/blog/nfcwest/post/_/id/17201/making-sense-of-49ers-lawson

Thank you!

I know their was another Article with more information.

ESPN's Adam Schefter, citing a league source, now suggests Lawson could be traded, and that at least one team has shown interest already.

The team that is interested hasnt been revealed.

But, from what I am told it is the Miami Dolphins. Parcells loves Lawson.

link?

Well, from what I was told... Parcells wanted to draft Lawson to Dallas. But, figured Lawson was a project player and need a few years; so he elected to take Bobby Carpenter instead.

Well those years have passed and we just made a deal with Miami! Balke and Parcells are very close and it may happen.

Thats what im told.

For what it's worth, I can definitely see Manny being traded tomorrow or Friday, and very likely to Miami (who could use the veteran depth at OLB).
Originally posted by chico49erfan:
Really? It's his contract year.. Like, I don't see why they don't just let him play out the season to see how he preforms?

This.
Originally posted by GhostofFredDean74:
Link

Thank you!

ESPN's Adam Schefter, citing a league source, now suggests Lawson could be traded, and that at least one team has shown interest already.

link?

Well, from what I was told... Parcells wanted to draft Lawson to Dallas. But, figured Lawson was a project player and need a few years; so he elected to take Bobby Carpenter instead.

Well those years have passed and we just made a deal with Miami! Balke and Parcells are very close and it may happen.

Thats what im told.

For what it's worth, I can definitely see Manny being traded tomorrow or Friday, and very likely to Miami (who could use the veteran depth at OLB).

Thanks and yes
Originally posted by silkyjohnson:
Really? It's his contract year.. Like, I don't see why they don't just let him play out the season to see how he preforms?

This.

If you let him play it out and then he bombs, then he has no value at all. You gotta sell high, otherwise you will not get good value in return. The Niners all know what they have with Lawson: Good against the run and in pursuit, but not good at rushing the QB -- which is something that OLBs in a 3-4 NEED to do. That makes Lawson expendable.
Originally posted by GhostofFredDean74:
Link

Thank you!

link?

Thats what im told.

Thanks and yes

Well it does make sense, he'll be back with that loser NoWin
[ Edited by DaDivaRecieva15 on Apr 22, 2010 at 12:33 AM ]
  • DVDA
  • Veteran
Who is telling you these things? You keep saying things but you have no links anywhere... you just say "what I've been told..."

I think he will be traded this weekend and the 49ers will select a pass rusher by friday, but everyone on the webzone is going to be talking about the Dolphins wanting Lawson for a 3rd which has no credibility.
  • TJA85
  • Veteran
Originally posted by DarthNiner:
Originally posted by silkyjohnson:

This.

If you let him play it out and then he bombs, then he has no value at all. You gotta sell high, otherwise you will not get good value in return. The Niners all know what they have with Lawson: Good against the run and in pursuit, but not good at rushing the QB -- which is something that OLBs in a 3-4 NEED to do. That makes Lawson expendable.

Well he did lead the team in sacks.

i heard the browns might have interest in trading for lawson
i heard the Jets may be interested in Lawson
  • Walsh
  • Veteran
I love the idea of a 3rd for Manny...maybe even a 4th. The guy has always looked like a 4-3 guy playing in a 3-4. I mean he seals the edge great and good in pass coverage but doesn't penetrate so good. I like the guy but just not in our system.
Does miami run a 4-3?

Alex Smith possible traded for Tom Brady! A source close to me told me they may trade Smith and a 4th rounder for Tom Brady.

I can't tell you who but this is what I'm hearing around the NFL. the patriots love alex smith and are sick of brady! look out for this to happen you heard it hear first
Originally posted by Walsh:
I love the idea of a 3rd for Manny...maybe even a 4th. The guy has always looked like a 4-3 guy playing in a 3-4. I mean he seals the edge great and good in pass coverage but doesn't penetrate so good. I like the guy but just not in our system.
Does miami run a 4-3?

They run a 3-4. They Just lost Jason Taylor and need help from the front seven. Their looking to draft Dan Williams at 12....and possibly draft or trade for a OLB/DE
HOLY s**t, you mean we could actually float that piece of s**t out on the market for a 3rd or 4th round pick!? _>

*covers mouth*

... I mean... SUCH AN AWESOME TALENT LIKE MANNY LAWSON!? WHY... why on earth would we do such a thing!?

*hopes Miami didn't read the first sentence*
[ Edited by SnakePlissken on Apr 22, 2010 at 3:00 AM ]
Share 49ersWebzone