17 anthony davis
Change Earl,Iupati
Originally posted by GhostofFredDean74:
Originally posted by DaFaro49ers:
Originally posted by Kurtz49:
Simple, give us your straight up prediction on the 49ers 1st round picks. I'll kick it off!

13. C. Brown OT USC
17. M. Pouncey C Florida

That would work for me. Then go CB in the 2nd, NT in the 3rd...

Charles Brown is a bigggggggggg reach at 13. Trade down if your going to get an OT. WOWWWWWWWWW

Says who?

Says anyone who has watched Charles Brown! Do you know if we slect Charles Brown a potential 20-32 pick in this draft, we will be missing out on great DB,OLB/DE, WR, prospects!!!!!!!!!!!

Appreciate your opinion, but let's check back tomorrow on this and see how high Brown actually goes (he's been rising up the draft boards as people see how athletic he really is). I'll bet good money he doesn't get past the Seahawks at #14 if they don't choose a LT early on.

If I'm wrong, I promise to give you full credit!

I respect your belief and opinion. We all know their is no right or wrong in the night before the NFL Draft. I just personally dont believe he is worthy of that high of a selection. Id rather trade back into the later part of the first round and get a comparable OT to Brown.

But ok we shall see
13 Haden, 17 Davis.
13. Anthony Davis (Or Traded for Big Ben)
17. Mike Iupati (Or Earl Thomas)
Originally posted by Kolohe:
Trading #13 and #49 to select Eric Berry, than at #17 we draft Dan Williams.

I want this Berry situation to happen, but switch Dan Williams with Davis or Iupati
changed my mind.
13. trade for big ben

17. charles brown
Simple, give us your straight up prediction on the 49ers 1st round picks. I'll kick it off!

13. C. Brown OT USC
17. M. Pouncey C Florida

Charles Brown is a bigggggggggg reach at 13. Trade down if your going to get an OT. WOWWWWWWWWW

Says who?

Says anyone who has watched Charles Brown! Do you know if we slect Charles Brown a potential 20-32 pick in this draft, we will be missing out on great DB,OLB/DE, WR, prospects!!!!!!!!!!!

Appreciate your opinion, but let's check back tomorrow on this and see how high Brown actually goes (he's been rising up the draft boards as people see how athletic he really is). I'll bet good money he doesn't get past the Seahawks at #14 if they don't choose a LT early on.

I respect your belief and opinion. We all know their is no right or wrong in the night before the NFL Draft. I just personally dont believe he is worthy of that high of a selection. Id rather trade back into the later part of the first round and get a comparable OT to Brown.

But ok we shall see

Williams and Okung will be gone, and it's likely that Bulaga and Davis will be gone by #13 as well. Now, if Seattle takes a LT at #6, I think we can pick someone else at #13 and be ok...we could still grab Brown at #17. But if those first 4 are gone, I don't see anyone comparable.

Btw, I mentioned this elsewhere...if we got Brown, we could move Staley to RT (fixes that problem), and start Sims at LT (he played well there last year) while Brown learns the ropes before he takes over at LT. That allows us to start veterans at both tackle spots while our rookie OT learns the playbook. Grabbing a pure RT prospect and plugging them in as a starter is more risky than people really understand.
[ Edited by GhostofFredDean74 on Apr 22, 2010 at 12:23 AM ]

13. C. Brown OT USC
17. M. Pouncey C Florida

Says who?

But ok we shall see

Williams and Okung will be gone, and it's likely that Bulaga and Davis will be gone by #13 as well. Now, if Seattle takes a LT at #6, I think we can pick someone else at #13 and be ok...we could still grab Brown at #17. But if those first 4 are gone, I don't see anyone comparable.

Btw, I mentioned this elsewhere...if we got Brown, we could move Staley to RT (fixes that problem), and start Sims at LT (he played well there last year) while Brown learns the ropes before he takes over at LT. That allows us to start veterans at both tackle spots while our rookie OT learns the playbook. Grabbing a pure RT prospect and plugging them in as a starter is more risky than people really understand.

So Trent Baalke wants to leave this draft with 4 starters, and your telling me we will draft a first rounder and let him sit on the bench???
That goes against his thought process for this draft.

13. C. Brown OT USC
17. M. Pouncey C Florida

Says who?

But ok we shall see

So Trent Baalke wants to leave this draft with 4 starters, and your telling me we will draft a first rounder and let him sit on the bench???

He said, "eventual starters," not necessarily guys that come in on day one (expecting 4 immediate starters out of any draft is completely unrealistic). Brown will eventually start regardless of where he's drafted, but there's no harm in starting a vet in the last year of his deal who performed well in that spot while the rookie learns.

Mays
Tebow

13. C. Brown OT USC
17. M. Pouncey C Florida

Says who?

But ok we shall see

He said, "eventual starters," not necessarily guys that come in on day one (expecting 4 immediate starters out of any draft is completely unrealistic). Brown will eventually start regardless of where he's drafted, but there's no harm in starting a vet in the last year of his deal who performed well in that spot while the rookie learns.

No he wants 3-4 Starters.. his words! Most likely a : S,CB,OT,OG!

13. C. Brown OT USC
17. M. Pouncey C Florida

Says who?

But ok we shall see

"When you're drafting in the first three rounds, you're hoping to get a starter. .... Now does that mean they're going to start Day 1? No. But when you're drafting a guy in rounds 1-3, you're hoping at some point within their career that they're going to develop into a starter... Trent Baalke, 4/15/10

Read more: http://www.sacbee.com/static/weblogs/49ers/archives/2010/04/baalke-open-to.html#ixzz0loPbY2tD
[ Edited by GhostofFredDean74 on Apr 22, 2010 at 12:34 AM ]

13. C. Brown OT USC
17. M. Pouncey C Florida

Says who?

But ok we shall see

"When you're drafting in the first three rounds, you're hoping to get a starter. .... Now does that mean they're going to start Day 1? No. But when you're drafting a guy in rounds 1-3, you're hoping at some point within their career that they're going to develop into a starter... Trent Baalke, 4/15/10

Read more: http://www.sacbee.com/static/weblogs/49ers/archives/2010/04/baalke-open-to.html#ixzz0loPbY2tD

So why would we take Brown at pick 13? When we need immediate offensive line help now???? If he isnt going to start this year, than why not draft a Joe Haden, Earl Thomas, Brandon Graham...who can help this yearrrrrrrr?
  • DVDA
  • Veteran

13. C. Brown OT USC
17. M. Pouncey C Florida

Says who?

But ok we shall see

That's a slap in the face!
Share 49ersWebzone