LISTEN: Are The 49ers Showing Their Hand? →

There are 282 users in the forums

How would you feel if we took both Haden and Earl Thomas?

• rob28
  • Veteran
i would love it because it fills are biggest needs on defense
  • Kolohe
  • Hall of Fame
Originally posted by SanDiego49er:
Originally posted by WillistheWall:
Originally posted by Kolohe:
Haden is terribly overrated. And Earl Thomas is good but small. Also we would not have dealt with our O Line. Plus we didn't add any pass rushers or gamebreakers.

13) Brandon Graham
17) Anthony Davis / Brian Bulaga / CJ Spiller

This is better.

How is Haden overrated and Thomas is the same size as Troy Polamalu, and I'd certainly love to have Polamalu on my team!!!

Haden is around a 4.6 guy and slow out of cuts and turns...

I'm more open to Earl Thomas. Thomas plus OT or OLB pass rusher would be fine. He's not real big though. But he is a playmaker (Thomas).

lol No Haden isn't. Dude ran a 4.41 at his pro day in the rain. At the combine he was battling a back injury. And you're just parroting what Eric Davis said and neither of you have even seen him play much!!!! Dude locked up Julio Jones, Mardy Gilyard, AJ Green, and Brandon LaFell. HE IS SICK.

He ran a 4.58 at the combine on electronic timing... Eric Davis knows what he is talking about. And he said Haden is super slow into and out of his cuts and turns...

YES WITH A BACK INJURY AND POOR 40 FORM. I don't care what he ran at the combine on electronic timing. He had a back injury. Then Deion/Irvin were on NFL talking about how bad his form was. Eric Davis is a former player on tv, not a damn scout, and he most likely hasn't watched much of Haden. Like I said you're just parroting what Eric Davis said about him without even having seen anything of him yourself. This is what pisses me off about the draft, people who haven't even watched a guy play try to make informed opinions about how a players going to be a bust when they don't know s**t about the guy. I saw him play like 10 times in the last years and he is going to be a good f**king corner.

If we pick Haden I'm going to throw a brick through my flat screen TV...

Good for you. It's great that you're going to bust your tv because you refuse to educate yourself and instead rely on what other people tell you to think. Luckily I'm not watching the draft with you.

Haden sucks. He doesn't even belong in the top 15. Most overrated guy in the draft.

Nope that honor goes to Jason Pierre-Paul.
If they got Ducasse in the 2nd (or any of the 2nd tier tackles) i would be happy, probably
Haden is terribly overrated. And Earl Thomas is good but small. Also we would not have dealt with our O Line. Plus we didn't add any pass rushers or gamebreakers.

13) Brandon Graham

This is better.

How is Haden overrated and Thomas is the same size as Troy Polamalu, and I'd certainly love to have Polamalu on my team!!!

I'm more open to Earl Thomas. Thomas plus OT or OLB pass rusher would be fine. He's not real big though. But he is a playmaker (Thomas).

lol No Haden isn't. Dude ran a 4.41 at his pro day in the rain. At the combine he was battling a back injury. And you're just parroting what Eric Davis said and neither of you have even seen him play much!!!! Dude locked up Julio Jones, Mardy Gilyard, AJ Green, and Brandon LaFell. HE IS SICK.

He ran a 4.58 at the combine on electronic timing... Eric Davis knows what he is talking about. And he said Haden is super slow into and out of his cuts and turns...

YES WITH A BACK INJURY AND POOR 40 FORM. I don't care what he ran at the combine on electronic timing. He had a back injury. Then Deion/Irvin were on NFL talking about how bad his form was. Eric Davis is a former player on tv, not a damn scout, and he most likely hasn't watched much of Haden. Like I said you're just parroting what Eric Davis said about him without even having seen anything of him yourself. This is what pisses me off about the draft, people who haven't even watched a guy play try to make informed opinions about how a players going to be a bust when they don't know s**t about the guy. I saw him play like 10 times in the last years and he is going to be a good f**king corner.

Good for you. It's great that you're going to bust your tv because you refuse to educate yourself and instead rely on what other people tell you to think. Luckily I'm not watching the draft with you.

Haden sucks. He doesn't even belong in the top 15. Most overrated guy in the draft.

How would you know? You dont even watch college football.

I watch but I don't think you do.

I'm calling bulls**t on that one. I watched college football like every week of the season the last 2-3 years. Got to see McCoy/Thomas and Texas play multiple times, got to see Florida and Haden play 4 times atleast(the SEC game vs Bama, the bowl game vs Cinci and Mardy Gilyard), their game vs LSU, and I think I watched the one vs Florida as well. I saw a lot of games last year. Watched GT/Clemson, GT/UNC, etc. And that's just a few of the games I watched. I watched almost all of the bowl games as well. I've seen a lot of these top prospects play. You haven't. No offense but you have no idea what you're talking about.
How would I feel?

A team is only as strong as its weakest link. So if this team continues to ignore its weakest link, as it has for the last number of years, it will continue to struggle.
Originally posted by excelsior:
How would I feel?

A team is only as strong as its weakest link. So if this team continues to ignore its weakest link, as it has for the last number of years, it will continue to struggle.

You mean coaching??

The draft's not going to fix that.
Good point.
it will NEVER happen even if they are the best players on the board at the time we pick. Unless we take 1 to immediately trade this scenerio will not happen.
  • dman
  • Veteran
I dont think Haden is a good value with the quality of corners we can pick in the 2nd and 3rd rounds.
Originally posted by Rsrkshn:
How would I feel?

You mean coaching??

Ooof, still not a believer huh. Guess I can't blame ya.

• HearstStiffarm
  • Info N/A
Originally posted by phatbutskinny:
if we weren't gunna take a tackle or guard in the 1st round, this is the only scenario i would be happy with

I second that

13) Brandon Graham

This is better.

I'm calling bulls**t on that one. I watched college football like every week of the season the last 2-3 years. Got to see McCoy/Thomas and Texas play multiple times, got to see Florida and Haden play 4 times atleast(the SEC game vs Bama, the bowl game vs Cinci and Mardy Gilyard), their game vs LSU, and I think I watched the one vs Florida as well. I saw a lot of games last year. Watched GT/Clemson, GT/UNC, etc. And that's just a few of the games I watched. I watched almost all of the bowl games as well. I've seen a lot of these top prospects play. You haven't. No offense but you have no idea what you're talking about.

College talent doesn't mean s**t the moment you start tackling the big dogs, and Haden's biggest complaint isn't his talent, but his realistic lack of being able to cover/contain NFL-sized (NUMBER ONE) receivers.

The dude looks like another f**king Mike Rumph waiting to happen.

How would I feel?

You mean coaching??

No, what he's saying, Mr. Chuckles, is that this scenario would make us no different from last year: next-level D, same ole' s**tty ass o-line.
Quite upset.

Another year and ANOTHER glaring hole at RT?

The RT position might be our whole undoing the past few years.

-9fA
Originally posted by SnakePlissken:

13) Brandon Graham

This is better.

College talent doesn't mean s**t the moment you start tackling the big dogs, and Haden's biggest complaint isn't his talent, but his realistic lack of being able to cover/contain NFL-sized (NUMBER ONE) receivers.

The dude looks like another f**king Mike Rumph waiting to happen.

How would I feel?

You mean coaching??

No, what he's saying, Mr. Chuckles, is that this scenario would make us no different from last year: next-level D, same ole' s**tty ass o-line.

He is another Mike Rumph waiting to happen.
Share 49ersWebzone