There are 78 users in the forums

Remember
Not a member? Register Now!

Bill Simmons Mock

• TX9R
  • Veteran
Now this is entertainment. His take on Carroll is great. I used to hate his homerism but his writing makes up for it
http://sports.espn.go.com/espn/page2/story?page=simmons/100420
Originally posted by TX9R:
Now this is entertainment. His take on Carroll is great. I used to hate his homerism but his writing makes up for it
http://sports.espn.go.com/espn/page2/story?page=simmons/100420

Yes, entertaining.

Pretty critical comments of Alex Smith -- with his footballoutsiders.com QB stats.
Quote:
"Pete Carroll answers the question of why Fredo was never given control of the Corleone family," followed by my immediately nicknaming Carroll "Coach Fredo" for the rest of his tenure. As it turned out, the comparison was an insult to Fredo.

OMG, made my day! Thanks dude
Wouldn't be surprised if there are this many trades but I just don't see it happening.
yea the sports guy writes some great pieces
Whoa, nice picks he made for us.
  • flow
  • Veteran
Originally posted by ghostrider:
Quote:
"Pete Carroll answers the question of why Fredo was never given control of the Corleone family," followed by my immediately nicknaming Carroll "Coach Fredo" for the rest of his tenure. As it turned out, the comparison was an insult to Fredo.

That was awesome. Love the sports guy
Bill Simmons can be funny, and he knows alot about the NBA, but when it comes to football and baseball, his knowledge is pretty underwhelming. he has these NFL and MLB experts on, and asks them the dumbest questions, and doesnt seem to know much about players. imo he totally wings it on these things.

the footballoutsiders guy comes on the show, tells him Alex Smith scores poorly in their little stat machine, and now Bill Simmons is anti-Smith, and laughs when other people bring up the fact that we didnt try to trade for McNabb.
Very entertaining writing, won't forget the 'Coach Fredo' reference. Very glad Seattle made this move.
do you guys listen to his podcast? somehow after hearing his same old humor daily on the BS Report, him telling the same type of jokes in his columns just make me roll my eyes.