There are 137 users in the forums

Remember
Not a member? Register Now!

Trade our 2nd Rounder this year for a 1st Next year?

Originally posted by DaFaro49ers:
Would you guys be open to trading our 2nd rounder again, for the second consecutive year...at the possibility of getting lucky and gaining a high 1st round pick?

For a few reasons, but the key one centering around:

Trading up our 2 potential first round picks in the 2011 draft for:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FU0JZhRHzMI

JAKE LOCKER

Maybe the highest and best QB Prospect, since Peyton Manning....with much better Feet!

I say yes.

I would trade it to move up to get one of the big three OT !

Originally posted by DaFaro49ers:
Would you guys be open to trading our 2nd rounder again, for the second consecutive year...at the possibility of getting lucky and gaining a high 1st round pick?

For a few reasons, but the key one centering around:

Trading up our 2 potential first round picks in the 2011 draft for:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FU0JZhRHzMI

JAKE LOCKER

Maybe the highest and best QB Prospect, since Peyton Manning....with much better Feet!

I say yes.

Its not a bad idea; if Alex Smith fails, we need to draft a QB in 2011. But Locker isn't necesarily the best QB -- Andy Luck is if he comes out, and if not its Ryan Mallett. But it is a stacked QB class.
It is going to be hard to trade up, since the 9ers 1st round pick will be the last pick in the 1st round!!
I wouldn't be opposed to this, especially with a team that you are relatively certain will draft in the top 12.
I would do that everytime.

I think using the deepest draft in years is a foolish arguement and one that seems to resonate every year.

Certain years certain positions are deeper than others. For example this years QB class is much worse than last years and next years will be better than this years.

Do you really think a player you are drafting at 49 this year will be a superior prospect than a player you will draft next year at less than 32?
Depends who is on the board it sounds cool to say hey we got 2 1st round picks but if you pass on a player that can help you win this current season it's really a fail.
i would rather trade down one of our first-rounders...you can get a lot of value in the 2nd for less money, at certain positions of course.
I say we keep it this year, and if we really just need a quarterback next year, I'm not adversed to trading the 2012 pick and next years pick for Locker.

And for the poster said he didnt know why Locker was so good, he plays on a TERRIBLE team that is usually bottom of the barrel in the Pac-10. He team is garbage minus a couple standouts, like himself.