LISTEN: Final 49ers 7-Round Mock Draft With Steph Sanchez →

There are 274 users in the forums

The TWO best Mock Draft's that would make us INSTANT CONTENDERS!

You can argue with me all you want,but please...give reasonable replies not ignorant hating 4 no reason. Truth is we dont have that many holes so I think these 2 scenarios would put us over the top.

#13-Joe Haden CB,FLA.(Instant depth,wont need to bring back Harris/Bly)
#17-Mike Iupati OG,Idaho.(Baas/Rachal go 2 the bench depending on TC battle)

**Trade**.#49#79#113 are traded-Dont flame me plz&just hear me out,according 2 draft value chart it gets us at the end of the 1st round. *Somewhere* at/near pick #27. Which leads to(Right below).....
1st rounder(VIA TRADE)-Charles Brown,OT USC.(Our Offense/OL is now complete) Why?(Simply see right below).....

Projected OL starters-LT-Staley,LG-Iupati,C-Heitmann,RG-Rachal/Baas,RT-Brown.
Bench- T-Sims/Snyder,G-Baas/Rachal(TC battle),C-Wallace. Cant beat that.

6th&7th-TC bodies.

F/A-Sign LaBoy for more OLB depth.

**--ALTERNATE DRAFT--**

**Trade*#13-Is traded.*Rumors* of DAL&PHI&some other dark horses are trying 2 trade up so we take the deal 4 their 1st&2nd since this draft is viewed really deep.

#17-Mike Iupati OG,Idaho.(Baas/Rachal go 2 the bench depending on TC battle)
#24/27(From PHI/DAL/Other)-Charles Brown OT,USC(Our Offense/OL is finally complete)
Why?(Simply see right below).....

Projected OL starters-LT-Staley,LG-Iupati,C-Heitmann,RG-Rachal/Baas,RT-Brown.
Bench- T-Sims/Snyder,G-Baas/Rachal(TC battle),C-Wallace. Cant beat that.

**Trade**#49&2nd(2nd is from PHI/DAL/OTHER)-Are both traded. To SD/NYJ.(A.J loves extra picks,NYJ trade away too many) for their 1st round pick which leads to(See right below).....
1st rounder(From SD/NYJ)-Taylor Mays SS,USC.(Instant SS starter,which adds speed to our secondary)

**Trade**#79#113-ARE BOTH TRADED. For late 2nd rounder which leads to(See right below).....
2nd rounder-Jerome Murhy/Awaki Owusu-Ansah CB's.(Gives us great CB depth.)

6th&7th-TC bodies.

F/A-Sign LaBoy for more OLB depth.

In my opinion-We dont have that many holes and either of these drafts would give us this.

A)A Complete Offense,not one whole and finally solidifies our OL.
B)Depending on A OR B Mock we come out of it with a DB stud.
C)KR/PR game is solved with Ginn,we get depth at OLB with Laboy.

Do I believe this is going 2 happen?..I doubt it,but trust me I am very knowledgeable of the NFL but truly believe these drafts would make us NFC contenders. TRIED to make it easy as possible...Either way, GO NINERS '10!
[ Edited by SmokeCrabtrees on Apr 20, 2010 at 4:55 PM ]
I seriously can't even read that man... holy s**t I really tried and you have a bunch of caps and f**king ##s... settle down
Originally posted by chico49erfan:
I seriously can't even read that man... holy s**t I really tried and you have a bunch of caps and f**king ##s... settle down

Sorry man, I thought it would make it easier for people to see my points. Ill remove as many as possible. What do you think though,honestly?
Originally posted by SmokeCrabtrees:
Originally posted by chico49erfan:

Sorry man, I thought it would make it easier for people to see my points. Ill remove as many as possible. What do you think though,honestly?

meh.
I like both Haden and Iupati, but you're not being realistic. Haden would play nickel for us, which isn't really all that big of a deal (it's important, but not an "instant contender" type of position). As for Iupati, whatever you think of Baas, no rookie will just walk in the joint and start over him.

Not to mention, a guy like Iupati isn't really an ideal fit for Solari's zone-blocking approach. Not saying he would be horrible in it, but I don't see the logic in spending a mid-1st rounder on a guy who's a better fit for a man-blocking scheme. Someone more mobile (like Asamoah or even Pouncey) would be a much better fit than Iupati.
Originally posted by GhostofFredDean74:
I like both Haden and Iupati, but you're not being realistic. Haden would play nickel for us, which isn't really all that big of a deal (it's important, but not an "instant contender" type of position). As for Iupati, whatever you think of Baas, no rookie will just walk in the joint and start over him.

Not to mention, a guy like Iupati isn't really an ideal fit for Solari's zone-blocking approach. Not saying he would be horrible in it, but I don't see the logic in spending a mid-1st rounder on a guy who's a better fit for a man-blocking scheme. Someone more mobile (like Asamoah or even Pouncey) would be a much better fit than Iupati.

Ok, so than put Pouncey instead of Iupati(I like both) than what? I believe Haden can challenge Spender for the #2 CB spot,also challenge Brown for the nickel spot depending on how he comes in TC...You never know,most important he will be groomed and not thrown into the wolves for next year.
[ Edited by SmokeCrabtrees on Apr 20, 2010 at 5:04 PM ]
Well we just signed Laboy!
it was good until you talked about the third 1st rounder
both drafts are horrible due to the trading...sorry but its the truth
Man ever since that article came out everyone is on the Charles Brown bandwagon...hope we're not planning on running to the right side if he's playing RT.

Originally posted by GhostofFredDean74:

Haden wouldn't change anything immediately. I think drafting a safety will have more of an impact than Haden right away.
Reason why we trade for 3rd 1st rounder is to simply land a impact player. Im not on charles browns' nuts its just thats really good value for him than reaching at#17. Anthony Davis scares me and I dont believe Williams/Bulaga will be there at #13.

Face it, were not taking CJ Spiller since we traded for Ginn&were not taking a OLB since we just signed Laboy.

That leaves-OL-DB as top priorities now,say what you want.
Charles Brown will probably not make it out of the top 15, he almost certainly won't fall past 25. Taking him at 27 is being overly optimistic.
Originally posted by joey82:
Charles Brown will probably not make it out of the top 15, he almost certainly won't fall past 25. Taking him at 27 is being overly optimistic.

Okay...not if we trade with PHI. They pick #24 and there is rumors they want to trade up to snatch McClain/Thomas. IMO Charles Brown isnt a top 15 pick, I sure as hell wouldnt be happy with picking him at #17. Its like the Browns taking Jared Odrick at #7 just because hes a good DT...just wouldnt be wise.

Once again, I know it isnt likely at all for it to happen and I stated that if you read the post. What im asking is if it would make us contenders. Sorry that I dont have us taking CJ Spiller&Iupati.

Either way, thanks for the input so far guys. I really want 2 hear other peoples thoughts.
  • 49ersBackOnTop38
  • Info N/A
Originally posted by SmokeCrabtrees:
Originally posted by joey82:

Okay...not if we trade with PHI. They pick #24 and there is rumors they want to trade up to snatch McClain/Thomas. IMO Charles Brown isnt a top 15 pick, I sure as hell wouldnt be happy with picking him at #17. Its like the Browns taking Jared Odrick at #7 just because hes a good DT...just wouldnt be wise.

Once again, I know it isnt likely at all for it to happen and I stated that if you read the post. What im asking is if it would make us contenders. Sorry that I dont have us taking CJ Spiller&Iupati.

Either way, thanks for the input so far guys. I really want 2 hear other peoples thoughts.

The eagles will not trade up for mcclain since they just traded for ernie sims but I wouldn't mind either scenerio but I wouldn't trade up for charles brown..it will cost us way too much ..I would just draft him @ 17 and a guard in round 2
Share 49ersWebzone