There are 348 users in the forums

Remember
Not a member? Register Now!

Is brandon graham the new quentin groves?

• lynwood49ers
  • Info N/A
he was considered a 2nd rounder till after the senior bowl...lets not be ignorant now...
Originally posted by lynwood49ers:
he was considered a 2nd rounder till after the senior bowl...lets not be ignorant now...

http://www.49erswebzone.com/forum/thread.php?num=135286

This is just an old thread that has him listed as a potential 1st rounder. I watch Big Ten football, as an OSU fan, and Graham's name came up all year as a potential 1st rounder. THIS IS NOT A SHOCK! He may not have been a concensus top ten talent, but his value as an OLB in the 3-4 has been discussed all year. Don't talk about ignorance.
Originally posted by Kolohe:
I don't think Graham is the new Groves, Graham is a much better pass-rusher and run stopper than Groves.
where was graham before the senior bowl seriously...why was he not considered a 1st round draft pick before than...i seriously think he could end up being a bust...

Before the senior bowl he was considered a great player on a bad defense. After we was considered a great player period. He was talked about all year as a beast pass rusher. Do you watch college football?
  • KRS-1
  • Hall of Fame

Do you know how many prospects have been in this same boat that have gone on to be successful ? Sure some bust, others don't. I wouldn't take anything away from a player because before the start of the offseason he wasn't considered a sure fire 1st round pick.

After most went back and watched film, saw how he fared practicing all week against strong competition at the Senior Bowl, it helped answer any questions or doubts that may have been on the minds of some and changed there initial draft grade/ranking on him.
Here's one man who doesn't think Graham can be an OLB in the 3-4 http://sports.yahoo.com/nfl/news;_ylt=AsE3BXhnkB78lvIGBhIdxbJDubYF?slug=cr-inconvenienttruths041910

Quote:
10. Graham is not a 3-4 outside linebacker
The book on former Michigan defensive end Brandon Graham is that he’s certain to go to a 4-3 scheme and play end, and can’t be the next LaMarr Woodley(notes), who came out of Michigan at end and was moved to outside linebacker in the Pittsburgh Steelers’ 3-4 alignment. Teams don’t think Graham has the same range and instincts as Woodley and would struggle far more in the passing game. But they like his ability as a 4-3 end, particularly his fairly good balance against the run and pass. But he’s not expected to be the next guy who becomes a star standing up, a la Woodley or the Baltimore Ravens’ Terrell Suggs(notes).