LISTEN: Are The 49ers Showing Their Hand? →

There are 268 users in the forums

Worst-Case Draft Scenario for the 49ers

There are so many good players that could be available at 13, so I wanted to take a look and see what the worst scenario would be for us...these picks have all been mocked to these teams, its not like I have a QB going to Detroit or anything:

1 STL - QB Bradford
2 DET - OT Okung
3 TB - DT McCoy ( I've read that TB has McCoy higher than Suh on their board)
4 WAS- OT Williams
5 KC - OT Bulaga
6 SEA - DT Suh (Steal of the Draft)
7 CLE - S Berry
8 OAK - OT Davis
9 BUF - RB Spiller
10 JAX - CB Haden
11 DEN - WR Bryant
12 MIA - S Thomas

In this scenario, the best players on the board that we would consider drafting are Clausen, McClain, Dan Williams, Graham, and Pierre-Paul.

Personally, I think all of those guys are a reach at this position.

If this were to happen, we would probably trade down -- somebody would want to trade up for Clausen or Dan Williams.

But if we HAD to take a player here, we would probably be best off taking Graham.
  • krizay
  • Veteran
The worst draft scenario would be for us to take Haden and Spiller at #13 and #17. Which ironically is alot fot eh posters ideal 1st round. to me though they respresent 2 of the most overrated palyres in this draft.
Originally posted by krizay:
The worst draft scenario would be for us to take Haden and Spiller at #13 and #17. Which ironically is alot fot eh posters ideal 1st round. to me though they respresent 2 of the most overrated palyres in this draft.

agree on Spiller. Basically, what I mocked is the most players (presumably) at the top of the 49ers board being gone by the time they pick.

I agree with you on Spiller, Haden I do not know so can't offer an opinion.
lol Graham would be a dream for me
I think Graham will be the best choice. But I think they would pick up Williams in that senario. Even though I think Williams grade should be end of round 1 but you need a NT to Play in 3-4 so his stock goes up. What about Kyle Wilson as alternative?
  • LA_NINERS
  • Info N/A

LOL.

Overrated because other people talk about them?

Or overrated because you watched a majority of Florida and Clemson games and you didn't see the talent that they both have?
Originally posted by LA_NINERS:

LOL.

Overrated because other people talk about them?

Or overrated because you watched a majority of Florida and Clemson games and you didn't see the talent that they both have?

spiller is overrated haden not so much
  • Shifty
  • Veteran

That would be the sexy picks. We dont have that luxury as a team yet. We must pick a OL with one of the first round picks
Originally posted by Kalen49ers:

That would be the sexy picks. We dont have that luxury as a team yet. We must pick a OL with one of the first round picks

I don't buy that. We can pick 2 non lineman and then come back in the 2nd and 3rd rounds and grab Ducasse and Velheer or Tony Washington. This gives us 2 potential starters at RT and if Veldheer or Washington is ready to go Ducasse would be a beast at LG.

• Shifty
  • Veteran
Originally posted by tjd808185:

I don't buy that. We can pick 2 non lineman and then come back in the 2nd and 3rd rounds and grab Ducasse and Velheer or Tony Washington. This gives us 2 potential starters at RT and if Veldheer or Washington is ready to go Ducasse would be a beast at LG.

Ducasse would be very very raw and not sure how effective he would be. Picking up an OL in round 1 helps this team at it's biggest need. Go ahead and draft CJ Spiller and watch him get tackled behind the LOS and let Alex Smith take a beating
Originally posted by tjd808185:

Ducasse would be very very raw and not sure how effective he would be. Picking up an OL in round 1 helps this team at it's biggest need. Go ahead and draft CJ Spiller and watch him get tackled behind the LOS and let Alex Smith take a beating

Ducasse is not much more of a risk than Iupati. Same talent level, same attributes.

BTW I didn't say Spiller. I said non OL. I would be estatic if ended up with Haden and Brandon Graham.
Originally posted by teeohh:
lol Graham would be a dream for me

Agreed, I'd LOVE to see them draft Graham.
id take Dan Williams in this situation. you have to go BPA
That would be horrible, and the scary part is that it doesn't look ridiculous. I actually think that's a very likely scenario. I wouldn't be happy with anyone we'd pick at that point.
Share 49ersWebzone