LISTEN: Final 49ers 7-Round Mock Draft With Steph Sanchez →

There are 319 users in the forums

It Seems More and More Probable That Bulaga will fall to us

Originally posted by LottOfDefense:
I think so too. There are 6 teams to worry about, Wash, KC, Sea, Cle, Oak, and Buff

Wash - takes Okung

KC -Pioli said this week that Albert is next year's starting LT. I highly doubt they draft a RT at #5, especially when they have an adequate RT on the roster (forgot his name). Pioli does not use smokescreens like most GMs do this time of year. My dark horse pick for them is McClain since it may be too early to go for a safety.

Sea - Its between T. Williams, Morgan, Spiller and possibly Clausen. Hopefully they go with Morgan, but will probably draft T. Williams.

Cle. - Berry, Haden, Bulaga, or Clausen. Got to go with Berry if available, if not Haden.

Oak - Athletic freak insert here. Probably Campbell or JPP or A. Davis.

Buff - Clausen or OT. They may go for T. Williams over Clausen if available, but I doubt Williams is there, so they get their QB and most 9er fans rejoice.

The great thing about Bulaga is he seems to be the most technically sound and should be able to step in day 1 with the starting unit.

I'd be shocked if they took mcclain. If we learned anything last year is that positional value is the most important thing for KC. They passed on Curry last year who was one of the top prospects because they don't value ILB. Think lots of ppl have berry at 5 but he also said he doesn't value S that hig. I doubt anyone of the top 3 T will be there at 13
[ Edited by noobie on Apr 17, 2010 at 2:01 PM ]
Originally posted by 49erThrowback:
Originally posted by nickbradley:
The Raiders take Davis over Bulaga because Bulaga is so similar to Gallery.

And if even the Raiders have enough intelligence not to make the same mistake twice, are you arguing that we should make it at least once?

Don't get me wrong. I think Bulaga might just turn out to be a serviceable RT, but I'd question selecting him at 13 or even 17 if there are better players available. That remains to be seen, of course.

Well put! (Not saying Bulaga is no good, but . . . )

These types of post are akin to those that say: "Once upon a time we took a QB in the first round and it didn't work out . . . so we should NEVER EVER select another one in the first." Not intelligent.
Originally posted by ninerlifer:
I think Clausen goes to Cleveland....or St Louis if they trade at 7. With Clausen off the board, Buffalo deals Lynch for picks, and drafts Spiller.

It really depends again this year on what KC does. If no OT for them....we get Williams or Bulaga.

Yes -- I will be rooting for the Lions to screw up and pass on Okung, and the Chiefs to pass on an OT as well.
Originally posted by Rsrkshn:
Originally posted by 49erThrowback:
The Raiders take Davis over Bulaga because Bulaga is so similar to Gallery.

And if even the Raiders have enough intelligence not to make the same mistake twice, are you arguing that we should make it at least once?

Don't get me wrong. I think Bulaga might just turn out to be a serviceable RT, but I'd question selecting him at 13 or even 17 if there are better players available. That remains to be seen, of course.

Well put! (Not saying Bulaga is no good, but . . . )

These types of post are akin to those that say: "Once upon a time we took a QB in the first round and it didn't work out . . . so we should NEVER EVER select another one in the first." Not intelligent.

Bulaga is built in the mold of Gallery -- not going to do that again.
  • Lifer
  • Veteran
1 STL - QB Bradford
2 DET - DT Suh
3 TB - DR McCoy
4 WAS- OT Okung
5 KC - S Berry

Dammit Jim, I'm a doctor not a defensive tackle!
I too am hearing concerns regarding Bulaga's value as a top ten pick. Specifically the concerns regard his relatively short arms, and potentially limited upside. He sounds more and more as a great right tackle prospect. The question is, what is his value if he is projected as a right tackle?
If we can please just get either Okung/Bulaga or Thomas PLEASE!
I can't quantify it, but I have a bad feeling about Bulaga. He kind of reminds me of another Iowa prospect: Robert Gallery. I just get the feeling that he'll end up being an okay RT and nothing else. I hope I'm wrong, but I'm just not feeling Bulaga at the moment.
Originally posted by Niners23:
I can't quantify it, but I have a bad feeling about Bulaga. He kind of reminds me of another Iowa prospect: Robert Gallery. I just get the feeling that he'll end up being an okay RT and nothing else. I hope I'm wrong, but I'm just not feeling Bulaga at the moment.

Yeah, I've heard the Gallery comparisons many times
Originally posted by Niners23:

Yeah, I've heard the Gallery comparisons many times

I think the comparisons are there because they're both from Iowa and they both have shorter than ideal arms for an OT. I think Iowa OT coming out are some of the best in terms of coaching and technique; however, the problem there is the idea that perhaps they've already peaked, whereas other OT have a much higher ceiling. The OT I want most in this draft is Williams.

I'm warming up to the Davis idea. Everything I read about Bulaga screams low ceiling. We need a mauler on the right side and I think Davis can be that.
Originally posted by LottOfDefense:
I think so too. There are 6 teams to worry about, Wash, KC, Sea, Cle, Oak, and Buff

Wash - takes Okung

KC -Pioli said this week that Albert is next year's starting LT. I highly doubt they draft a RT at #5, especially when they have an adequate RT on the roster (forgot his name). Pioli does not use smokescreens like most GMs do this time of year. My dark horse pick for them is McClain since it may be too early to go for a safety.

You're right, drafting a tackle to be a RT in the top 5 would be silly

so here's my guess
rams - sam bradford
lions - suh
bucs - mccoy
wash - okung
kc - berry - I'm not too sure it will be berry here
sea - derrick morgan, like you said before I edited your post, they could go in an umber of directions here
cleveland - jimmy clausen
oakland - bruce campbell
buffalo - trent williams, my sleeper here is dan williams though
jax - joe haden
denver - dan williams, or rolando mcclain
miami - cj spiller
sf - bulaga

If buffalo decided to go with Dan Williams for their 3-4 defense, we would definitely luck out with Trent Williams imo, barring any trades.

Trent
Williams + Trent Baalke - I think it's destiny
[ Edited by teeohh on Apr 17, 2010 at 8:32 PM ]
that would be great bulaga is a beast
http://www.49erswebzone.com/forum/thread.php?num=140101

It goes along with this topic... (from a few weeks ago)
That would be sweet. Bulaga kind of reminds me a bit of Staley coming out.. I Think we have to take one of the top T at #13 b.c thats our biggets hole, I would take Haden or another top DB with 17 b.c of the NEED for youth and speed in the secondary. Im still having nightmares of the ATL game :/ Clements and Bly getting dusted by younger faster wrs.. Then in the second rd. if Best or McCluster is there we take them in that order.. if not.. we take best OL available, or im intruiged if QB McCoy were there if we give him a shot.. Im not that sold we should take a chance on a pass rusher in early picks.. I wanna give Lawson one more shot, like Alex smith and the QB position, and I like Brooks and Haralsons depth..
Share 49ersWebzone