There are 96 users in the forums

Remember
Not a member? Register Now!

Niners MOCK Draft from the 209

first of all, i would like to see us trade the 17th pick and try to hoard as many picks as possible with it. if not, we'll still be in good shape. Alot of people have us taking a tackle in the first and although i am not against it, we really only need a RT. just thinking our first rounders this year should be playmakers. we scored some points and were in alot of close games last year and that was with terrible field position. got nothing from the return game, nothing. so here it is, another mock. . . . . .

1a- Earl Thomas S/Texas
PLAYMAKER defense

1b- CJ Spiller RB/Clemson
PLAYMAKER offence/St

2 - Akwasi Owusu-Ansah CB/Indiana(pa)

3 -Mike Johnson G/Alabama

4 -J'Marcus Webb OT/West Texas A&M

5 -Dannario Alexander WR/Missouri

6a -Micah Johnson MLB/Kentucky

6b -Brandon Sharpe DE,OLB/Texas Tech

7 -Travis Ivey DT/Maryland
So, you aren't trading the 17th then?

Since Sims re-signed, I can live without an OT who can start on day1, but I think you have taken the priority way, way down. So no like. Position of greatest need.
Originally posted by English:
So, you aren't trading the 17th then?

Since Sims re-signed, I can live without an OT who can start on day1, but I think you have taken the priority way, way down. So no like. Position of greatest need.


id prefer to trade the 17th but if it cant happen then thats what it would be. forgot that little piece on info
Reject any mock without a T in the first two rounds.
Originally posted by 209niner:
first of all, i would like to see us trade the 17th pick and try to hoard as many picks as possible with it. if not, we'll still be in good shape. Alot of people have us taking a tackle in the first and although i am not against it, we really only need a RT. just thinking our first rounders this year should be playmakers. we scored some points and were in alot of close games last year and that was with terrible field position. got nothing from the return game, nothing. so here it is, another mock. . . . . .

1a- Earl Thomas S/Texas
PLAYMAKER defense

1b- CJ Spiller RB/Clemson
PLAYMAKER offence/St

2 - Akwasi Owusu-Ansah CB/Indiana(pa)

3 -Mike Johnson G/Alabama

4 -J'Marcus Webb OT/West Texas A&M

5 -Dannario Alexander WR/Missouri

6a -Micah Johnson MLB/Kentucky

6b -Brandon Sharpe DE,OLB/Texas Tech

7 -Travis Ivey DT/Maryland

I like it! I like it!
Originally posted by noobie:
Reject any mock without a T in the first two rounds.


tackle is addressed and where not looking for a LT, ours is pretty good and locked up for a while. don't forget its a RT we need and there are good RTs found later than round 2.
Originally posted by 209niner:
Originally posted by noobie:
Reject any mock without a T in the first two rounds.


tackle is addressed and where not looking for a LT, ours is pretty good and locked up for a while. don't forget its a RT we need and there are good RTs found later than round 2.

I tend to agree with the noob. I think you leave the tackle too late. There will I am sure be good right tackles available that late, but the chances of getting a good NFL starter is certainly lower.

I can see the argument about not taking a tackle in the 1st. But I can't see the argument about leaving it as late as the 4th. It is IMO our greatest need.
mike johnson played some tackle in college and did well. him in the third is an option too. not against a tackle earlier but there are some other spots we could use the earlier picks with than a RT, just a thought. . . . .i like the corners that could be had in the second but might not be there in the third.
we need RT at 13 or 17 i just cant stand another year of snyder and boone is no way near ready to start in nfl i wouldnt mind one in R2 but i owuld be pissed if we got spiller in R1 and no OT in R!(unless top 4 are gone)
im thinking the top 4 will be gone.......in the second how bout jon jerry or jared veldeheer, just dont want to be caught reaching and neglect other areas of need in the process, not looking at just this year either. value of a draft pick too, does a RT have to be within the first two rounds. how many starting RT were taken within the first two rounds. im just thinking its not a LT where after.
Originally posted by 209niner:
im thinking the top 4 will be gone.......in the second how bout jon jerry or jared veldeheer, just dont want to be caught reaching and neglect other areas of need in the process, not looking at just this year either. value of a draft pick too, does a RT have to be within the first two rounds. how many starting RT were taken within the first two rounds. im just thinking its not a LT where after.

We had the worst RT last year led te league in said and qb pressures and still didn't play the whole season upgrade pur RT our while overall offense improves tremendly and getting RT IMO at least is much more important than selecting spiller who will only have about 5 - 10 plays at most on O and a RS where honestly can be found in value in so many rounds selecting spiller in R1 would be a waste of his talents and also is a waste of a pick which shouldve been used on a player who will be in the game more often
Originally posted by English:
Originally posted by 209niner:
Originally posted by noobie:
Reject any mock without a T in the first two rounds.


tackle is addressed and where not looking for a LT, ours is pretty good and locked up for a while. don't forget its a RT we need and there are good RTs found later than round 2.

I tend to agree with the noob. I think you leave the tackle too late. There will I am sure be good right tackles available that late, but the chances of getting a good NFL starter is certainly lower.

I can see the argument about not taking a tackle in the 1st. But I can't see the argument about leaving it as late as the 4th. It is IMO our greatest need.

Agree
  • fan49
  • Veteran
  • Posts: 2,145
I do like ur mock, but waiting for a tackle in the fourth would be suicide imo
it being in the fourth doesnt mean he cant play and spiller, honestly never liked that pick when i first seen it. but in thinking, gore has missed games the last to years and also will come out during games for a series or two. he's a beast but he is starting to miss a game or two. spiller is another option at RB that also will be our top return guy going into this year. he'll pay immediate dividens. our starting field position was garbage. did our offence no favors or our OL. RT tackle is a priority if we took one in the second great. . . . . . . . . . . . .not against that at all.
Search Podcast Draft Forum Commentary News Shop Home