LISTEN: Final 49ers 7-Round Mock Draft With Steph Sanchez →

There are 400 users in the forums

Would you draft Clausen?

Would you draft Clausen?

Originally posted by wailers15:
if we draft clausen i return my season tickets! f**k it i will sell them!

if i had season tickets and we drafted Clausen, I would do the same
I'll buy em
If Clausen is there at #49 then I say Grab Him, but I want the F.O to fix the O-Line before we draft other positions, we have a chance to do it this year with two first round picks, and grabbing a RT and Iupati would give us a punishing offensive line.

But we all know Clausen will be gone before we pick at #13, and it wouldnt make any sense to move up and try to draft him, that wouldnt help our team this year, and we would still have glaring holes on the offensive line.
Nope
Originally posted by valrod33:

Thank you my friend. All of this Clausen talk is scaring the crap out fo me. i was going to not go to work but i a mnow. to scared if that card came up & it was clausen i'd throw something through my TV then go down to 49ers head quarters & burn the building down!
I don't believe we'll draft Clausen...he should be gone, but even if he isn't, there are much bigger needs and players who should be available to meet them in the 1st rd. CB and OT are the most critical positions to be addressed...so a Haden & Anthony Davis 1st rd would be ideal.

Thank you my friend. All of this Clausen talk is scaring the crap out fo me. i was going to not go to work but i a mnow. to scared if that card came up & it was clausen i'd throw something through my TV then go down to 49ers head quarters & burn the building down!

It makes no sense, the niners cannot afford to not address the OLINE again.

Alex is on a one year contract at this point he fails then he is gone and we can draft a QB next year. Unlike when Alex came into the league whatever rookie would be coming in to a decent Oline and have a better chance of succeeding
  • evil
  • Veteran
All you guys on here who want Clausen are crazy!!! WTF! What will he bring to this team? Nothing! It would be the biggest mistake the niners make! We are in a great position to draft well! We have more pressing needs.

What did Phillip Rivers bring SD when they drafted him and had Drew Brees on the same team ?
  • evil
  • Veteran

Alex is on a one year contract at this point he fails then he is gone and we can draft a QB next year. Unlike when Alex came into the league whatever rookie would be coming in to a decent Oline and have a better chance of succeeding

Sure we could, we have 2 1st rounders and 7 picks in total.
I see nothing wrong with drafting him... if he's a good QB, then even if Alex Smith is our starter, Clausen would be a huge asset that could be tradable into the 2nd round.

The best thing about April 22 is that this Clausen talk goes away. There will other QBs to pick, but next year, if needed. The Niners need starters. Filling holes this year will be tough enough without using a first rounder on a backup.
Originally posted by KRS-1:

Is it only 7? I thought it was 8.

(2) 1sts + (1) 2nd + (1) 3rd + (1) 4th + (0) 5th + (2) 6ths + (1) 7th = 8 picks

I think that's what we have. I'm too lazy to look it up though.
  • evil
  • Veteran
Originally posted by ghostrider:
Originally posted by KRS-1:

Is it only 7? I thought it was 8.

(2) 1sts + (1) 2nd + (1) 3rd + (1) 4th + (0) 5th + (2) 6ths + (1) 7th = 8 picks

I think that's what we have. I'm too lazy to look it up though.

You may be right. 7-8 still plenty of picks to restock the OL if we were to take Clausen.
Clausen would be a great pick if we believe he's going to be a great player (just like MM said).

I don't see the problem with this...Smith has done nothing to solidify his spot. We need a contingency plan.

We can't JUST think about this season.
Next years top QBs with potential first round grades....

Jake Locker
Andrew Luck
Ryan Mallett
Pat Delvin
Nick Foles
Christian Ponder

Nah, wait till next year. How does Clausen rate compared to those QBs? Anyone? The other thing too to consider is that think about who would draft Clausen after Buf. I see him as others dropping to Minny at 30, that 3-0! Damn! So to me that means, the need for one isn't there and two more will be going to QB needy teams this year.

That leaves that awesome list with over abundance of franchise QB supply VS demand. Basic economics dictates value. I expect more value next year than this one.

But, that is just me...
Share 49ersWebzone