There are 92 users in the forums

Remember
Not a member? Register Now!

Would you draft Clausen?

Would you draft Clausen?

• pd24
  • Veteran
Originally posted by valrod33:
I just read that people are concerned about the Interview Clausen did for ESPNs John Gruden QB camp, Apparently he threw one his WR under the bus.

Mayock said this to Dan Patrick

- Mayock likes Jimmy Clausen, but he thinks his interview with Jon Gruden on ESPN may have hurt him. "I think he's a hard working guy who loves the game of football," Mayock said.

"But there are these nagging concerns about what kind of kid he is. He threw his wide receiver under his bus," Mayock said.

Read More: http://sportsillustrated.cnn.com/danpatrick/blog/107861/index.html#ixzz0lqFJHllT
Get a free NFL Team Jacket and Tee with SI Subscription

I like it. He has some balls. Smith would never do that, but Smith seems different this year.
Clausen has small hands.
Originally posted by valrod33:

Exactly. Drafting a QB in this draft would be asinine. It would be a flat out bad idea. Why would you draft another QB behind a spotty offensive line? He could the next coming of Super Joe and if he's running for his life, how much can you really expect from him?

I mean, this roster should give you TWO case studies in this conversation. Anyone who complains about Alex Smith or criticizes David Carr should be running away from Clausen.

The Niners have a chance to build a stellar Oline if they get a little bit lucky. If the big 4 OT's are gone, worst case scenario they should trade back a little bit and grab Staffold for RT.
  • SoCold
  • Veteran
Wonderlic

Clausen - 23

hate him
  • HearstStiffarm
  • Info N/A
Originally posted by 9erfan4life:
and I will post one pic that over rides your two links

Not saying I want us to draft him, but you can't judge a kid based on a picture from when he was in high school.
Originally posted by HessianDud:
Originally posted by ninertico:

Well, isn't that precious...

So does he wear his highschool championship rings to the draft? How about the mink coat?
Wonderlic

Clausen - 23

hate him

Alex Smith scored a 40

ALex is way better than clausen
Originally posted by nickbradley:
Originally posted by alwaysa49erfan:
nickbradley, are you some ND fan boy? You've been riding Clausen's jock up and down the message board. Also, the article comparing Bradford and Clausen wasn't well written IMO. There seems to be an obvious bias through out the entire article.

If there is any misinformation it's with the casual viewers and fans. The GM's and scouts have the resources and know how to get around it.

No, not at all. A couple things:

1. If I were pulling the trigger, I would not draft a QB this year. Let Alex Smith have one more year and if he fails we can get a QB in a very deep 2011 class.

2. I think that Clausen is better than Bradford. Bradford cannot play under pressure and is used to playing in a spread offense where he has all day to throw; the kid is going to be in for a rude awakening.

3. as far as misinformation goes, GMs and scouts can be misinformed too -- look at Warren Sapp and the drug test fiasco. This year, look at Mike Mayock saying things like "thrown under the bus" when that was clearly not the case.

1. I agree completely. I wouldn't draft a QB either. I just assumed you were a ND fan because of the way you were promoting Clausen in so many draft threads.

2. It sounds like you are a little misinformed on Bradford. Saying he can't play under pressure is just flat out wrong. Watch him play against Texas and Florida and take hit after hit from NFL talent. In both games he played extremely well.

3. Of course it can happen but it is more probable that you and I are misinformed.
  • SoCold
  • Veteran
Originally posted by HearstStiffarm:

Not saying I want us to draft him, but you can't judge a kid based on a picture from when he was in high school.

who said I was judging him based on a pic

you don't know me
Originally posted by nickbradley:
nickbradley, are you some ND fan boy? You've been riding Clausen's jock up and down the message board. Also, the article comparing Bradford and Clausen wasn't well written IMO. There seems to be an obvious bias through out the entire article.

If there is any misinformation it's with the casual viewers and fans. The GM's and scouts have the resources and know how to get around it.

No, not at all. A couple things:

1. If I were pulling the trigger, I would not draft a QB this year. Let Alex Smith have one more year and if he fails we can get a QB in a very deep 2011 class.

2. I think that Clausen is better than Bradford. Bradford cannot play under pressure and is used to playing in a spread offense where he has all day to throw; the kid is going to be in for a rude awakening.

3. as far as misinformation goes, GMs and scouts can be misinformed too -- look at Warren Sapp and the drug test fiasco. This year, look at Mike Mayock saying things like "thrown under the bus" when that was clearly not the case.

1. I agree completely. I wouldn't draft a QB either. I just assumed you were a ND fan because of the way you were promoting Clausen in so many draft threads.

2. It sounds like you are a little misinformed on Bradford. Saying he can't play under pressure is just flat out wrong. Watch him play against Texas and Florida and take hit after hit from NFL talent. In both games he played extremely well.

3. Of course it can happen but it is more probable that you and I are misinformed.

On #2, What I meant was that Bradford could always count on his o-line to give him time to read a defense and make a play. Clausen had a much shorter decision window.
  • Luca
  • Veteran
Originally posted by MiamiNiner:
Originally posted by D_Niner:

Looks like someone is ready for the Castro District...

Mas Puto....

LMFAO!!!!
There are lots of Clausen threads but let's take the official temperature of the Niner faithful.
Most definitely.
  • dman
  • Veteran
no
  • pd24
  • Veteran
yes