There are 304 users in the forums

Remember
Not a member? Register Now!

Big Trade-Down Scenario

Big Trade-Down Scenario

Anybody notice that the Patriots have TWELVE traft picks? And the Eagles have 11? There is no way that they can bring that many players into camp, so they're definitely looking to trade up.

Think of this scenario: We send the 13, 17, and 79 to NE for the 22, 44, 47, and 53. Its even in the draft value calculator and close in the draft value chart (the 3rd may become a 4th).

With this trade, we would have FIVE picks between 22 and 53...no 3rd rounder. Look who we'd be able to draft. We could also take Kyle Wilson at 22 and take an OT in the 2nd. Maybe Anthony Davis falls to 22...

22. OG/OT Mike Iupati
44. RB Jahvid Best
47. DE/OLB Jerry Hughes
49. CB Kareem Jackson
53. FS NAte Allen
Homie you need to put done that draft calculator I don't care if this adds up or not but when have you ever seen teams swap 6 picks with each other? and look at the Eagles and Pats track records Rarely do they trade up both teams are rebuilding while still being relevant and the best way to do this is to build with young guys. Plus both teams usually will trade there picks to gain picks for the following year's draft giving them unlimited flexibility.
New England has a boat load of picks every single season. Typically they trade a couple of them away for future draft picks.

Personally though if we're going to make a blockbuster deal with the Patriots I want us to get the Raiders pick next season.
Originally posted by nickbradley:
Big Trade-Down Scenario

Anybody notice that the Patriots have TWELVE traft picks? And the Eagles have 11? There is no way that they can bring that many players into camp, so they're definitely looking to trade up.

Think of this scenario: We send the 13, 17, and 79 to NE for the 22, 44, 47, and 53. Its even in the draft value calculator and close in the draft value chart (the 3rd may become a 4th).
With this trade, we would have FIVE picks between 22 and 53...no 3rd rounder. Look who we'd be able to draft. We could also take Kyle Wilson at 22 and take an OT in the 2nd. Maybe Anthony Davis falls to 22...

22. OG/OT Mike Iupati
44. RB Jahvid Best
47. DE/OLB Jerry Hughes
49. CB Kareem Jackson
53. FS NAte Allen

To much madden franchise mode? come on bradley lets be real here bud.
Big Trade-Down Scenario

22. OG/OT Mike Iupati
44. RB Jahvid Best
47. DE/OLB Jerry Hughes
49. CB Kareem Jackson
53. FS NAte Allen

I think everyone here would cream their pants if that happened but yeah... even if the trade adds up I can't remember a team trading more than 4 picks tops. That would be a sweet block buster trade though. Man, could you image then announcing that on draft day. Everyone would flip out. I could see them trading one of the 2nds or two of them to move up into the first but thats about it.
Originally posted by lamontb:
Homie you need to put done that draft calculator I don't care if this adds up or not but when have you ever seen teams swap 6 picks with each other? and look at the Eagles and Pats track records Rarely do they trade up both teams are rebuilding while still being relevant and the best way to do this is to build with young guys. Plus both teams usually will trade there picks to gain picks for the following year's draft giving them unlimited flexibility.

I could see the Pats moving up with #22 and either one of their 2nd's or one of their 2011 1st's for possibly Berry/Spiller/McClain/JPP/Graham/Odrick but that doesn't mean we will be the benefactor of such a deal. They could move up in a deal with Washington/KC/Seattle/Oakland,Jacksonville or Denver to get in front of us.

But agree Lamont it won't be some 6 pick swap like mentioned in the OP.
Can you just trade 13 (or better yet 17) for 22 & 44?
Originally posted by lamontb:

This is jsut the result if we only traded w/ NE. We could pull trades w/ NE AND PHI, for example.
Originally posted by Gore_21:
Big Trade-Down Scenario

22. OG/OT Mike Iupati
44. RB Jahvid Best
47. DE/OLB Jerry Hughes
49. CB Kareem Jackson
53. FS NAte Allen

I think everyone here would cream their pants if that happened but yeah... even if the trade adds up I can't remember a team trading more than 4 picks tops. That would be a sweet block buster trade though. Man, could you image then announcing that on draft day. Everyone would flip out. I could see them trading one of the 2nds or two of them to move up into the first but thats about it.

I agree
Originally posted by Gore_21:
Big Trade-Down Scenario

22. OG/OT Mike Iupati
44. RB Jahvid Best
47. DE/OLB Jerry Hughes
49. CB Kareem Jackson
53. FS NAte Allen

I agree

i would like that trade but not the picks we should get staffold instead of best and hope best falls another 3 picks
You can throw the draft value chart out the window in a deep draft. In "normal" years, if two later picks equal one early pick, then this year, the later picks hold more value due to the depth of the draft.
The Patriots rarely if ever trade up, they got all those 2nd round picks on purpose, and will not be willing trade partners to give them up. The eagles may give up some picks to move into the 1st round to select a CB or S since they traded away Brown now.
I'd like to give the browns a call draft day and move up ahead of teams with a lt need, and we could throw in a few players like mark roman and still come out ahead!
Originally posted by TheGoldDiggerrrr:
I'd like to give the browns a call draft day and move up ahead of teams with a lt need, and we could throw in a few players like mark roman and still come out ahead!

I think we'd have to give them picks to take Roman.

In all seriousness, if we were to trade up, Cleveland is the most likely trade partner along with KC. I doubt Al Davis or Seattle will trade with us, and I think Washington will want a king's ransom for the #4 pick, because they will value the #1 consensus OT quite highly now that they have McNabb.

EDIT: I wanted to add that another reason Cleveland may trade down is because rumor has it they're infatuated with Jared Odrick, but 7th overall is too high to take him, so they want to move down to get value for him.

[ Edited by Niners23 on Apr 6, 2010 at 12:34:43 ]
I wouldn't hate this, but my problem with it is that we get a lot of good talent, but not much elite talent. Having two mid first round picks gives us the opportunity to pick two game changers. The players we would get after Iupati are all good players, but none are game changers.