That's a strong mock. I like the Carrington pick a lot and he might just be there in the 3rd. I was surprised to see some sites still have Deji Karim as a very late rd. pick, after he did a 42" vertical and ran 4.4 at the combine, but yeah, let's take him if he's there. My one concern might be that you go defense early after T Williams and that our low-ranked offense doesn't get a skill player until round 6 with the very questionable Mike Williams and Karim. That Jefferson guy is an athletic freak and a good late round shot.
Maybe we could try to drop back with the 17 pick and get an extra 3rd, still get Graham and an earlier offensive skill player. That would be my "Ideal World" scenario. But nice job all around.
There are 900 users in the forums
Mock draft ver 3......In an Ideal world.....
Apr 1, 2010 at 9:01 AM
- rivercity
- Veteran
- Posts: 198
Apr 1, 2010 at 12:16 PM
- mayo49
- Veteran
- Posts: 65,216
Nice mock, Brock. I really like that you address all our needs. Nicely done.
Apr 1, 2010 at 1:30 PM
- m_brockalexander
- Veteran
- Posts: 13,379
Originally posted by rivercity:
That's a strong mock. I like the Carrington pick a lot and he might just be there in the 3rd. I was surprised to see some sites still have Deji Karim as a very late rd. pick, after he did a 42" vertical and ran 4.4 at the combine, but yeah, let's take him if he's there. My one concern might be that you go defense early after T Williams and that our low-ranked offense doesn't get a skill player until round 6 with the very questionable Mike Williams and Karim. That Jefferson guy is an athletic freak and a good late round shot.
Maybe we could try to drop back with the 17 pick and get an extra 3rd, still get Graham and an earlier offensive skill player. That would be my "Ideal World" scenario. But nice job all around.
I get your concern about adding skill players to the offense, but I think the ones we have are going to be phenomenal if the line improves in front of them. Still, with Williams being a 1st or 2nd round talent available in the 6th because of character concerns, that is a great value pick (.....per Mad Dog's rankings).