There are 84 users in the forums

Remember
Not a member? Register Now!

Mock draft ver 3......In an Ideal world.....

1A Trent Williams OT Oklahoma - 1st things first, our bookend for Staley
1B Brandon Graham OLB Michigan - BPA at an impact position
2 Nate Allen S USF - Good cover safety with some size
3 Alex Carrington DE Cent Arkansas - 5 technique DE to push Balmer off the roster
4 Mike Johson OG Alabama - Our long term replacement for Baas
5 AJ Jefferson CB Fresno St - Nickel back and good special teams player/KR
6A Mike Williams WR Syracuse - Our next late round WR find and deep threat
6B Deji Karim - RB/KR - Our change of pace back with KR ability
7 Travis Goethel ILB Arizona - Depth behind TKO

UDFA Nate Byham TE Pitt - Big blocking TE
That's a strong mock. I like the Carrington pick a lot and he might just be there in the 3rd. I was surprised to see some sites still have Deji Karim as a very late rd. pick, after he did a 42" vertical and ran 4.4 at the combine, but yeah, let's take him if he's there. My one concern might be that you go defense early after T Williams and that our low-ranked offense doesn't get a skill player until round 6 with the very questionable Mike Williams and Karim. That Jefferson guy is an athletic freak and a good late round shot.

Maybe we could try to drop back with the 17 pick and get an extra 3rd, still get Graham and an earlier offensive skill player. That would be my "Ideal World" scenario. But nice job all around.
  • mayo49
  • Veteran
Nice mock, Brock. I really like that you address all our needs. Nicely done.
Originally posted by rivercity:
That's a strong mock. I like the Carrington pick a lot and he might just be there in the 3rd. I was surprised to see some sites still have Deji Karim as a very late rd. pick, after he did a 42" vertical and ran 4.4 at the combine, but yeah, let's take him if he's there. My one concern might be that you go defense early after T Williams and that our low-ranked offense doesn't get a skill player until round 6 with the very questionable Mike Williams and Karim. That Jefferson guy is an athletic freak and a good late round shot.

Maybe we could try to drop back with the 17 pick and get an extra 3rd, still get Graham and an earlier offensive skill player. That would be my "Ideal World" scenario. But nice job all around.

I get your concern about adding skill players to the offense, but I think the ones we have are going to be phenomenal if the line improves in front of them. Still, with Williams being a 1st or 2nd round talent available in the 6th because of character concerns, that is a great value pick (.....per Mad Dog's rankings).