LISTEN: Final 49ers 7-Round Mock Draft With Steph Sanchez →

There are 362 users in the forums

Niners contacted Clausen?

He's a little b***h.
search google images

first result:

4th result:
most people here are willing to reach for second round talent because we have a first round need for a lt that wont fall to us so for us to use a first round pick on first round talent is not acceptable to them because to them its not our greatest need. personally if we miss on the premier tackles...(ie not baluga and not itiupi) then if we can snag clausen and bryant, or a safety with our first two il be fine with that we can get a fat boy to block in rounds 2-7
WTF? That really him??

That alone would make me not want him on our team. Wait for Jake next year.
Originally posted by RollinWith21n52:
Do people really think we're set with alex smith????or do people think a LG is simply more important than a QB? Or is it actually something about Claussen himself?

i'm a HUGE ND fan and like claussen. i think he has just as much talent-if not more-than bradford. however, he should not be drafted by the niners. alex deserves another shot and with the addition of carr and hopefully the "coming along" of davis, wasting a high pick on claussen is no good.

also, i hear he has leadership issues. who knows how true that is. probably rumors to make him slide a bit.

seattle may get him. if they did, that would be the second ND QB (mirer) they draft.
Originally posted by znk916:
search google images

first result:

4th result:

f**kin exactly!
  • Shifty
  • Veteran
I'm not sure its people hating on Clausen, we aren't drafting a QB that early so nobody cares about him
Must be a Notre Dame thing? But seriously, he played great and I support it if we end up getting him.

• Shifty
  • Veteran
at those pictures of Clausen
He has a strong arm. He is accurate. He is from a pro style offense. He knows how to operate from under center very effectively. He is underestimated in this draft IMO. He may turn out to be the best QB in this draft.

I don't really want him. But if the 49ers picked him I would understand why. As long as he turned out I could live with it.

And BTW a lot of those photos circulating on the net are photoshop...

Alex Smith passing

GP 26
Completions 389
Att 587
Comp % 66.3
yds 5203
TDs 47
8 Ints

Rushing
Att 286
Yds 1072
15 Tds

Jimmy Clausen Passing
GP 35
Comp 695
Att 1110
Comp % 62.6
Yds 8148
Tds 60
Ints 27

Rushing
Att 175
Yds -355yds, yes minus.
Tds 5

What do you see in Clausen that would suggest to you that he will be a better NFL QB? Alex produced 62 total TDs in 26 games. Clausen produced 65 Tds in 35 games. Alex was and still is more physically gifetd than most, and certainly smarter too.
Originally posted by Dominate:
Alex Smith passing

GP 26
Completions 389
Att 587
Comp % 66.3
yds 5203
TDs 47
8 Ints

Rushing
Att 286
Yds 1072
15 Tds

Jimmy Clausen Passing
GP 35
Comp 695
Att 1110
Comp % 62.6
Yds 8148
Tds 60
Ints 27

Rushing
Att 175
Yds -355yds, yes minus.
Tds 5

What do you see in Clausen that would suggest to you that he will be a better NFL QB? Alex produced 62 total TDs in 26 games. Clausen produced 65 Tds in 35 games. Alex was and still is more physically gifetd than most, and certainly smarter too.

He played in a pro style offense and is comfortable and effective under center...
  • volfan2008
  • Info N/A
5th result

Originally posted by SanDiego49er:
Originally posted by Dominate:
Alex Smith passing

GP 26
Completions 389
Att 587
Comp % 66.3
yds 5203
TDs 47
8 Ints

Rushing
Att 286
Yds 1072
15 Tds

Jimmy Clausen Passing
GP 35
Comp 695
Att 1110
Comp % 62.6
Yds 8148
Tds 60
Ints 27

Rushing
Att 175
Yds -355yds, yes minus.
Tds 5

He played in a pro style offense and is comfortable and effective under center...

But he still hasnt faced an NFL quality defense. Not only that but Notre Dame plays some real snot balls every year too. I dont buy the "he played in a pro style offense" as a reason he will succeed in the NFL.
Originally posted by Kalen49ers:
at those pictures of Clausen
Share 49ersWebzone