There are 324 users in the forums

Remember
Not a member? Register Now!

My Dream 49er Draft....... first 5 rds.

This is of course without any trades.... I will explain after the jump....

#13- Joe Haden CB Florida--- (concensus #1 CB in the draft)

#17- CJ Spiller RB Clemson---- (concensus #1 RB in the draft)

#49- Jared Veldheer OT Hillside--- (great upside and O-line Help)

#79- Donovan Warren CB Michigan--- ( falling b/c of bad 40 time but a steal here... if he doesn't fall this far I say stay w/ CB and go Patrick Robinson)

#113- Mike Johnson G Alabama--- (O-line Help Obviously)

#145- Big Rd here... feel there is A LOT of talent that if tapped could be a steal--- just to name a few---

Greg Hardy- DE Ole Miss-- (slightly injury prone but a force when healthy)
Sam Young- OT ND-- (not super high on him but with our o-line anything can help)
Donald Butler- ILB Washington-- ( good size, smart, spikes successor)
Jordan Shipley- WR Texas-- ( Wes Welker clone, that's never a bad thing)
Selvish Capers- OT W. Virginia-- ( again o-line help)
George Selvie- DE/OLB S. Florida ( great pass rusher but not every down player right now)


Here is my thinking on the top of the draft... i know we need O-line help trust me i'm tired of paying good money for the NFL ticket just to watch our O-line cost us games.... my thinking is why settle for a player that's 4th or 5th best at his position who obviously has questions marks. ie Anthony Davis who showed up late for his own pro day and would not do a bunch of things coaches wanted him to (seemed out of shape to some) (inside info) or Bruce Campbell who is a bit inconsistant at run blocking. So why settle for them when you can get 2 concensus #1 players, one at a position of need and the other on a play maker. Of course the wild card to me would be Dez Bryant but w/ the fiasco last year w/ Crabtree I don't see us going thru that again... Same Diva aura, same agent, same EGO!!!

So what do you think?? Love it? Hate it? Call me names? Have at it ppl. Just my thoughts which aren't by any means expert thoughts. Either way my gut tells me this years draft will decide if for the next 3-5 years we're contenders or continue to be pretenders!!!! GO NINERS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
I dont want anybody named donovan
  • mayo49
  • Veteran
  • Posts: 21,705
Pretty realistic, I like it.
Trust me... I live in S. Jersey all my life, 15 min. from The Linc (home of the Iggles) I'm so far against getting Donovan McNabb its not even funny.... but this Donovan at that spot I wouldn't mind.
2 responses?? Really?? No one has an opinion on my draft??
  • TX9R
  • Veteran
  • Posts: 8,222
Originally posted by joeymac49s:
2 responses?? Really?? No one has an opinion on my draft??

Yeah, you spelled consensus wrong.
isnt the dude from hillside the one the slept with his sister...if so no thanks.
Spelling has nothing to do with the draft but thanks for the correction and he slept with his sister?? Really... wow I didn't know that... I wonder where you can find out if he's the guy or not?
  • krizay
  • Veteran
  • Posts: 14,934
Originally posted by joeymac49s:
Spelling has nothing to do with the draft but thanks for the correction and he slept with his sister?? Really... wow I didn't know that... I wonder where you can find out if he's the guy or not?

No it wasn't this guy. It was Tony Washington.
"Veldheer looks every bit the part of a draft prospect. He's a lean 315 pounds at 6 feet 8. He can bench press 225 pounds 33 times, high numbers for someone with 33-inch arms. He's a former basketball player, and his athleticism shows it. Off the field, he has a GPA of better than 3.1 and will graduate with a biology degree when he finishes his thesis after the draft."

That's all i could find out..... doesn't say anything about him being a sister F'r
Originally posted by joeymac49s:
"Veldheer looks every bit the part of a draft prospect. He's a lean 315 pounds at 6 feet 8. He can bench press 225 pounds 33 times, high numbers for someone with 33-inch arms. He's a former basketball player, and his athleticism shows it. Off the field, he has a GPA of better than 3.1 and will graduate with a biology degree when he finishes his thesis after the draft."

That's all i could find out..... doesn't say anything about him being a sister F'r

No Tony Washington was the guy who boned his own sister.
Originally posted by WillistheWall:
Originally posted by joeymac49s:
"Veldheer looks every bit the part of a draft prospect. He's a lean 315 pounds at 6 feet 8. He can bench press 225 pounds 33 times, high numbers for someone with 33-inch arms. He's a former basketball player, and his athleticism shows it. Off the field, he has a GPA of better than 3.1 and will graduate with a biology degree when he finishes his thesis after the draft."

That's all i could find out..... doesn't say anything about him being a sister F'r

No Tony Washington was the guy who boned his own sister.

So this sister, is she hot?

  • LA_NINERS
  • Info N/A
I am loving the way you think bro, some people need to realize how deep this draft is!
Originally posted by joeymac49s:
This is of course without any trades.... I will explain after the jump....

#13- Joe Haden CB Florida--- (concensus #1 CB in the draft)

#17- CJ Spiller RB Clemson---- (concensus #1 RB in the draft)

#49- Jared Veldheer OT Hillside--- (great upside and O-line Help)

#79- Donovan Warren CB Michigan--- ( falling b/c of bad 40 time but a steal here... if he doesn't fall this far I say stay w/ CB and go Patrick Robinson)

#113- Mike Johnson G Alabama--- (O-line Help Obviously)

#145- Big Rd here... feel there is A LOT of talent that if tapped could be a steal--- just to name a few---

Greg Hardy- DE Ole Miss-- (slightly injury prone but a force when healthy)
Sam Young- OT ND-- (not super high on him but with our o-line anything can help)
Donald Butler- ILB Washington-- ( good size, smart, spikes successor)
Jordan Shipley- WR Texas-- ( Wes Welker clone, that's never a bad thing)
Selvish Capers- OT W. Virginia-- ( again o-line help)
George Selvie- DE/OLB S. Florida ( great pass rusher but not every down player right now)


Here is my thinking on the top of the draft... i know we need O-line help trust me i'm tired of paying good money for the NFL ticket just to watch our O-line cost us games.... my thinking is why settle for a player that's 4th or 5th best at his position who obviously has questions marks. ie Anthony Davis who showed up late for his own pro day and would not do a bunch of things coaches wanted him to (seemed out of shape to some) (inside info) or Bruce Campbell who is a bit inconsistant at run blocking. So why settle for them when you can get 2 concensus #1 players, one at a position of need and the other on a play maker. Of course the wild card to me would be Dez Bryant but w/ the fiasco last year w/ Crabtree I don't see us going thru that again... Same Diva aura, same agent, same EGO!!!

So what do you think?? Love it? Hate it? Call me names? Have at it ppl. Just my thoughts which aren't by any means expert thoughts. Either way my gut tells me this years draft will decide if for the next 3-5 years we're contenders or continue to be pretenders!!!! GO NINERS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I like it
We would have to move Clements to FS and Gholdson to SS. But other than that its a realistic and good looking draft.

Sucks that the draft is 4 weeks away