There are 82 users in the forums

Remember
Not a member? Register Now!

Do not draft Bulaga(Gallery)

• KRS-1
  • Hall of Fame
Originally posted by YorkHater:
i do not want bulaga at all....short arms, not that strong, not that fast, and not that good..........i think he is Robert Gallery 2.0.....not to mention he has the same P***y attitude as the rest of our B***h a** o-line and would probably be content collecting his money and playing rock band with joe staley

Let's see here, if we compare his measurables to past players :

Speed...he ran a 5.25, NFL OT's as far as timed speed goes should run under a 5.3, Jake Long ran a 5.22. So he passed that test.

Strength...he posted 26 reps. Jason Peters once posted 21 reps, Jordan Gross & Joe Thomas posted 28 reps. Ryan Clady 24 reps.

Arm Length...33 1/4. Jordan Gross has the same length of arms, Jason Peters was 1/8 of an inch shorter. Michael Roos had 32 1/4.

He's not that good yet nearly everyone across the entire country has him as a top 15 prospect, so he must have some great potential and upside. There aren't reports floating around that he shouldn't be a 1st round pick like there are for Bruce Campbell.

Care to make a stronger argument ?
[ Edited by KRS-1 on Mar 19, 2010 at 2:08 PM ]
Originally posted by KRS-1:
i do not want bulaga at all....short arms, not that strong, not that fast, and not that good..........i think he is Robert Gallery 2.0.....not to mention he has the same P***y attitude as the rest of our B***h a** o-line and would probably be content collecting his money and playing rock band with joe staley

Speed...he ran a 5.25, NFL OT's as far as timed speed goes should run under a 5.3, Jake Long ran a 5.22. So he passed that test.

Strength...he posted 26 reps. Jason Peters once posted 21 reps, Jordan Gross & Joe Thomas posted 28 reps. Ryan Clady 24 reps.

Arm Length...33 1/4. Jordan Gross has the same length of arms, Jason Peters was 1/8 of an inch shorter. Michael Roos had 32 1/4.

He's not that good yet nearly everyone across the entire country has him as a top 15 prospect, so he must have some great potential and upside. There aren't reports floating around that he shouldn't be a 1st round pick like there are for Bruce Campbell.

oh ok your gonna try reason with em?
Originally posted by KRS-1:

He already said "mark my words" - how could you possibly come up with a stronger argument than that?
Originally posted by Dominate:
WOW, and you are basing this OPINION on what? Many have him as the top lineman in the draft. I`d like to take this time to check your credintials.

And thank god for that, maybe it will help Trent Williams fall to us.

P.S. He tells you what his opinion is based on in the OP. Did you read it?
Originally posted by BirdmanJr:

i dont get it?
Originally posted by Daniel2778:
Originally posted by BirdmanJr:

i dont get it?

I may remember that game, Maggette got a stupid technical and Curry hadn't realized it until then.
solid post from someone who knows nothing about talent thanks for wasting my times
  • willworkforbecky
  • Info N/A
This is a great thread.

wait for it

wait for it

FOR ME TO POOP ON!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
To each his own. The draft is crapshoot. I'd like to know the percentage of bust o-lineman taken in the 1st round within the last 10 years. Just curious...
Article from National Football Post regarding arm length for an OT

Quote:
Finally, Bulaga’s 33¼-inch arms aren’t great, but they’re certainly long enough for him to project nicely to the left side in the NFL. He never really got on track this year after battling through some thyroid issues during the early parts of the season, but his sophomore tape is impressive, and besides Okung, Bulaga looks to me to be the safest tackle in this year’s draft.

Overall, the measurement of a prospect’s arm length is another tool to help scouts determine the caliber of the player they’re evaluating. Arm length helps determine the “true” size of a potential NFL player and allows scouts to establish just how big an offensive lineman can play. As I said before, there are always exceptions to the rule, and simply measuring the arm length of an offensive tackle will not guarantee success. But when scouting offensive tackles, it’s important to consider the length/reach of a prospect in correlation to his height and weight.
I saw him play 3-4 games last year...and I saw a very solid OT. He seemed equally adept at run blocking and pass protection. He's pretty mobile, which is a trait OL Coach Solari's looking for. He played for Kirk Farentz (sp), who runs a pro-style offense...all in all, I'd be happy if he's still on the board at #13. Don't expect that to happen, but you never know, especially if there are a few trades early on.
  • KRS-1
  • Hall of Fame
Originally posted by DesiDez:
Article from National Football Post regarding arm length for an OT

Quote:
Finally, Bulaga’s 33¼-inch arms aren’t great, but they’re certainly long enough for him to project nicely to the left side in the NFL. He never really got on track this year after battling through some thyroid issues during the early parts of the season, but his sophomore tape is impressive, and besides Okung, Bulaga looks to me to be the safest tackle in this year’s draft.

Overall, the measurement of a prospect’s arm length is another tool to help scouts determine the caliber of the player they’re evaluating. Arm length helps determine the “true” size of a potential NFL player and allows scouts to establish just how big an offensive lineman can play. As I said before, there are always exceptions to the rule, and simply measuring the arm length of an offensive tackle will not guarantee success. But when scouting offensive tackles, it’s important to consider the length/reach of a prospect in correlation to his height and weight.

Which is my only concern really about Veldheer. His arms are short for his long frame, 6'8 1/8th with 33" arms.
  • KRS-1
  • Hall of Fame
Originally posted by CorvaNinerFan:
I saw him play 3-4 games last year...and I saw a very solid OT. He seemed equally adept at run blocking and pass protection. He's pretty mobile, which is a trait OL Coach Solari's looking for. He played for Kirk Farentz (sp), who runs a pro-style offense...all in all, I'd be happy if he's still on the board at #13. Don't expect that to happen, but you never know, especially if there are a few trades early on.

Ferentz.

And KF has a good deal of experience coaching OL in both college and the pro's. Ferentz also has a good history with BB, so if Okung goes at 4 I could honestly see Pioli taking Bulaga at 5 over Berry with KC's need for better and more consistent play at LT.
  • mayo49
  • Veteran
Bulaga is a good prospect I wouldnt mind taking him or Williams at No. 13, but I just don't see either of them being there now.
Search Podcast Draft Forum Commentary News Shop Home