There are 57 users in the forums

Remember
Not a member? Register Now!

Rams should trade with Tampa...

Originally posted by m_brockalexander:

That decision will be setup by what the Rams and Lions do. There is a likely scenario where the Rams take Bradford and the Lions elect to protect their #1 pick Stafford with Okung at #2. Then the Bucs can decide which DT fits their system the best. IMO that would be McCoy to be Warren Sapp 2.0. They also could be there to take the leftovers (Berry) if the Rams and Lions get defensive and take the BPA's.
that would be the most logical pick in my opinion...furthermore the lions traded for corey williams, so i dont see the BIG need at DT, which existed before the trade and would dispose the lions to draft for a DT with their first-rounder, any longer, even if both guys are very talented players.
they have to protect stafford and i dont see how they could build a protection with a 2nd-round LT...because i think that a lot of good LT will be gone by the 2nd-round.
Originally posted by communist:
Originally posted by m_brockalexander:

That decision will be setup by what the Rams and Lions do. There is a likely scenario where the Rams take Bradford and the Lions elect to protect their #1 pick Stafford with Okung at #2. Then the Bucs can decide which DT fits their system the best. IMO that would be McCoy to be Warren Sapp 2.0. They also could be there to take the leftovers (Berry) if the Rams and Lions get defensive and take the BPA's.
that would be the most logical pick in my opinion...furthermore the lions traded for corey williams, so i dont see the BIG need at DT, which existed before the trade and would dispose the lions to draft for a DT with their first-rounder, any longer, even if both guys are very talented players.
they have to protect stafford and i dont see how they could build a protection with a 2nd-round LT...because i think that a lot of good LT will be gone by the 2nd-round.

I think the Lions gotta go BPA. Suh/McCoy would be a great pickup for them. Jim Schwartz ran a great defense with Haynesworth and VB leading the way on the D-Line. He will want to replicate that in Detroit.
Originally posted by Kalen49ers:

I think the Lions gotta go BPA. Suh/McCoy would be a great pickup for them. Jim Schwartz ran a great defense with Haynesworth and VB leading the way on the D-Line. He will want to replicate that in Detroit.
i dont think that the lions can afford going bpa here...they have to protect their quarterback--->OT was their 2nd biggest need in 08 and is the biggest since 09...they cant pass up okung. stafford ran for his life the whole season, i dont believe that the coaching staff want to see that once more.
remember also: both tackles played bad last season, therefore you have to get at least one dominant ot in this off-season...and backus isnt a tackle, like i know. he is more of a guard, which is another weakness in that o-line. if they draft okung and move backus to LG, they could kill 2 birds with one stone.
[ Edited by communist on Mar 21, 2010 at 12:22 PM ]
I think there's a decent chance of Suh and McCoy to fall to no. 3! Lions can very well go with OT to protect their QB.
Originally posted by BirdmanJr:
Originally posted by Blake_Fever:

(tools...)

I know you are but what am I?

I love that gif.
Originally posted by nickbradley:
Originally posted by SonocoNinerFan:
. . . but Tampa shouldn't trade with the Rams. If I was them I'd stay at #3. If the Rams go with Bradford they'll get a great DT . . . otherwise it's Eric Berry.

Exactly. Tampa has NO reason to trade up. They're happy with either DT, and the odds of both being gone are very slim. The Rams are probably going QB, Detriot wants to trade down and will take Okung if they stay.

Unless Tampa really wants Suh or McCoy, then they can jump the Lions and get the DT they really want. I am 100% convinced the Rams are taking Bradford. They will get him at #3. It is going to be fun watching Willis bust that shoulder up when they meet.