Creativity; A+++++++++++ By far the best breakdown I have seen. How much time did you spend on this?
I like the draft too, Bulaga, Cody, and Best!
Very nice job!!!!!
There are 608 users in the forums
oldman9er's full offseason + NFL 3 rounder in March
Browse 49ers books and videos
Mar 17, 2010 at 6:35 AM
- DynastyPart2
- Veteran
- Posts: 3,312
Mar 17, 2010 at 6:59 AM
- Mr.Mcgibblets
- Veteran
- Posts: 15,079
Originally posted by DynastyPart2:
Creativity; A+++++++++++ By far the best breakdown I have seen. How much time did you spend on this?
I like the draft too, Bulaga, Cody, and Best!
Very nice job!!!!!

I worked on it on and off since the Combine, but I had the overall outline of it for longer.
Mar 17, 2010 at 6:59 AM
- mayo49
- Veteran
- Posts: 65,216
Very nicely constructed. I love your Best pick.
Mar 17, 2010 at 7:03 AM
- Mr.Mcgibblets
- Veteran
- Posts: 15,079
Originally posted by mayo63:
Very nicely constructed. I love your Best pick.
Thanks... I'm a huge fan of Jahvid Best. Depending on who is available and truth be told, I would smile at us selecting him at #17 overall. I think his vision and ability to shift gears while in motion is superior to that of Spiller... though C.J. is easily more accomplished as a receiver out of the backfield as well as return duties.
Mar 17, 2010 at 7:17 AM
- DaveWilcox
- Veteran
- Posts: 3,717
Nice looking presentation..
..However I find it long on style and short on substance, primarily because I disagree with many of your first round picks and don't expect the draft to unfold as you laid it out. For example Bulaga won't be around at 13 and neither will Williams at 18 or whatever.
..However I find it long on style and short on substance, primarily because I disagree with many of your first round picks and don't expect the draft to unfold as you laid it out. For example Bulaga won't be around at 13 and neither will Williams at 18 or whatever.
Mar 17, 2010 at 7:20 AM
- lamontb
- Veteran
- Posts: 33,284
Good breakdown and good way to construct your draft. I just don't see why Tampa would trade up for Suh though. I like all the players you drafted but I think I would take Odrick over Mount Cody, and with the CB depth looking real suspect I would take McCourty over Best. Having no 2nd means they should go for a CB now and try to get a fast play maker later on. But I wouldn't be mad if they took Best. And they gonna have to pay more than that to keep Sims. Nice work.
[ Edited by lamontb on Mar 17, 2010 at 7:27 AM ]
Mar 17, 2010 at 7:27 AM
- Mr.Mcgibblets
- Veteran
- Posts: 15,079
Originally posted by DaveWilcox:
Nice looking presentation..
..However I find it long on style and short on substance, primarily because I disagree with many of your first round picks and don't expect the draft to unfold as you laid it out. For example Bulaga won't be around at 13 and neither will Williams at 18 or whatever.
Hmmm... okay...
- Can you tell me how you would possibly throw more "substance" in it? Most drafts I have seen are nothing more than 7 names in order of 1-7. Are these filled with substance, or am I missing your meaning on that?
- This draft was not a prediction as much as it was... a wishful and desired outcome.
- I think it's a mistake to throw out absolutes on who will or will not be available (within reason). Did you know that in the entire history of the NFL draft... there has NEVER been 4 offensive tackles taken before the #13 overall pick? Never before... think about that. So while Bulaga + Trent W. could very well make the 3rd and 4th OT off the board... it seems rather unfair to suggest that they WILL be gone.
[ Edited by oldman9er on Mar 17, 2010 at 7:31 AM ]
Mar 17, 2010 at 7:28 AM
- mayo49
- Veteran
- Posts: 65,216
Originally posted by DaveWilcox:
Nice looking presentation..
..However I find it long on style and short on substance, primarily because I disagree with many of your first round picks and don't expect the draft to unfold as you laid it out. For example Bulaga won't be around at 13 and neither will Williams at 18 or whatever.
I disagree, I think Bulaga has a good chance of making it to #13. It all depends on what Seattle does at #6.
Mar 17, 2010 at 7:35 AM
- tohara3
- Veteran
- Posts: 30,814
Great job oldman9er!
Mar 17, 2010 at 7:52 AM
- Mr.Mcgibblets
- Veteran
- Posts: 15,079
Originally posted by tohara3:
Great job oldman9er!
Hey thanks... glad you liked it.
you too, lamontb.
Mar 17, 2010 at 7:53 AM
- DaveWilcox
- Veteran
- Posts: 3,717
Originally posted by oldman9er:Originally posted by DaveWilcox:
Nice looking presentation..
..However I find it long on style and short on substance, primarily because I disagree with many of your first round picks and don't expect the draft to unfold as you laid it out. For example Bulaga won't be around at 13 and neither will Williams at 18 or whatever.
Hmmm... okay...
- Can you tell me how you would possibly throw more "substance" in it? Most drafts I have seen are nothing more than 7 names in order of 1-7. Are these filled with substance, or am I missing your meaning on that?
- This draft was not a prediction as much as it was... a wishful and desired outcome.
- I think it's a mistake to throw out absolutes on who will or will not be available (within reason). Did you know that in the entire history of the NFL draft... there has NEVER been 4 offensive tackles taken before the #13 overall pick? Never before... think about that. So while Bulaga + Trent W. could very well make the 3rd and 4th OT off the board... it seems rather unfair to suggest that they WILL be gone.
Please don't get the wrong idea.. I am not trying to throw you under the bus or come off as a troll. You obviously spent a lot of time on this.. It looks great. I just don't see it as very realistic..
As a wish list it's fine, although I personally don't like the Cody selection.
Cheers!!
Mar 17, 2010 at 7:56 AM
- Mr.Mcgibblets
- Veteran
- Posts: 15,079
Originally posted by DaveWilcox:
Please don't get the wrong idea.. I am not trying to throw you under the bus or come off as a troll. You obviously spent a lot of time on this.. It looks great. I just don't see it as very realistic..
As a wish list it's fine, although I personally don't like the Cody selection.
Cheers!!
Gotcha!

I can definitely see the "unrealistic" comment as reasonable. That would be a lot of moving and shaking for McC.
Mar 17, 2010 at 8:03 AM
- TX9R
- Veteran
- Posts: 8,352
I agree, looks great, A for effort, but other than Bulaga (who I don't think will be there) I don't like any of these picks, too high of a bust potential. Cody is a 2 down player who will fight weight issues his whole career, and Best is 1 concussion away from having his career ended.
Mar 17, 2010 at 8:46 AM
- SonocoNinerFan
- Veteran
- Posts: 17,610
Outstanding work! I'm not a cody fan, but I could live with it.