There are 175 users in the forums

All Eyes on Florida's Pro Day (3/17)

Originally posted by jreff22:
Originally posted by jta854:
Originally posted by MadDog49er:
I'm going to withhold judgment on today's performance until I hear some clarity on his times. I've heard ranges from the high 4.3's to 4.52.

In the end, I think he'll be evaluated as a 4.45 player, and that is going to put right in the area where the Niners will select at number 13. I don't perceive him as a top 10 pick.

Cheers.

P.S. The biggest non-Tebow/Haden buzz seems to be that Brandon Spikes (who supposed ran slowly) was clearly outshined by the immortal Dustin Doe at the LB position drills. That would be a big problem for the eye-poker. But, as stated before, I want to hear more word before I can make a better evaluation.

Who the hell is Dustin Doe?

John's younger brother

• 49ersBackOnTop38
  • Info N/A
Originally posted by TX9R:
Originally posted by nvchamp9ers:
Originally posted by KRS-1:
Originally posted by northshore:
Dam Haden!! Why did you have to run so fast... Now there is no way he falls to us. All you haters just put on his game tape, grab some popcorn and watch him shut down the best WR's the SEC has to offer, which are some of the best wr propsects in the nation.

The SEC has some of the worst WRs in the nation, the entire conference sucks at passing. Julio Jones gets a lot of hype, but he hasn't really shown me much, who else is any good in that conference? I've been saying from day 1 Haden is overrated because he hasn't had to cover anyone any good, and the QBs in the SEC aren't any good as far as pure passers go.

Julio Jones, AJ Green, Brandon Lafell, Shay Hodge and at times McCluster who were all good SEC WR's this year to say the least. Last year there was also Massaquoi, McKinley & Byrd in the SEC. That doesn't account for facing WR's like Gilyard, Iglesias & Broyles in Bowl games the last 2 years.

And Haden has had to go against the likes of Cooper, Murphy and Harvin the last 2 years in practices.

Those guys are decent at best, but more importantly, had no QBs that were any good. The SEC is the best conference in NCAA, but it is a smash mouth conference, the QBs are the weakest of any conference.
As far as practice, Cooper is meh, Murphy pretty good, and Harvin came out of the backfield so much I doubt Haden was on him much if at all. I'm not saying the guy sucks, I just don't think he is an elite prospect worthy of a top 15 pick is all.

The ignorance in this post is simply AMAZING! Did you real just say AJ green and Julion Jones are "decent at best" do you seriously believe that. The other receivers mentioned are solid however, these 2 guys are phenoms physically and will be top picks themselves when they come out. Just because they have a bad QB that is really minimally important when watching film on a CB beccause you are watching how he reads a route stem in his backpedal, how he plays each tecnique, and the looking at his tendacies and his physical tools. Haden IS a "elite prospect" Haden will be very good in this league and simply shut guys down if he falls to us and we take him we should be happy and we have some of the weakest pass D out there. All the hate in this thread towards Haden is seriously misguided due to a lack of his "timed speed". The kid will be good everyone in here needs to stop being Al Davis clones and so worried about the stop watch and just watch the kid on film where he blankets people and has great recovery speed and lateral agility.

Ignorance? Hardly. Sorry, I disagree, doesn't mean I don't know what I'm talking about. Julio Jones has been hyped since H.S, but show me the production in college, sorry 8 TDs in 2 years on any offense is nothing to write home about. AJ Green has nice potential but he isn't there yet and has similar unimpressive production to Jones. Of course QB has an effect, it's easier to make a play if the QB isn't accurate
And point to the part in any post where I have mentioned timed speed. Also, I'm sick of hearing about guys "looking at the film" and examining single players. Dude, you don't have any film. Youtube isn't film. As far as physical tools, he isn't protypical size, he doesn't possess exceptional speed, he doesn't provide added value in the return game. Nothing about him would be considered elite and there's much better value for what we need later in the draft.

Julio Jones and AJ Green will be the first 2 off the boards for WR when they decide to enter the draft. They are both very talented and play in a conference where the defenses of teams are outstanding. Haden shut them both down. If u want to go outside the conference, and to a webzone favorite, Gilyard didn't stand a chance against Haden. Haden is elite. Dez Bryant is considered the top WR this year with Michael Crabtree being just that last year and they both play in the garbage Big 12 who felt the wrath of an SEC defense the past 2 years in the title game. Crabtree is a natural WR and he proved that his 2 years in college and being able to come into the NFL with no preparation and put up good numbers for the amount of games he played but I'm bot as sold on any other WR. I guarantee if Jones or Green would of entered the draft this year, they would be considered the top Wideouts.
  • TX9R
  • Veteran
Originally posted by 49ersBackOnTop38:
Dam Haden!! Why did you have to run so fast... Now there is no way he falls to us. All you haters just put on his game tape, grab some popcorn and watch him shut down the best WR's the SEC has to offer, which are some of the best wr propsects in the nation.

The SEC has some of the worst WRs in the nation, the entire conference sucks at passing. Julio Jones gets a lot of hype, but he hasn't really shown me much, who else is any good in that conference? I've been saying from day 1 Haden is overrated because he hasn't had to cover anyone any good, and the QBs in the SEC aren't any good as far as pure passers go.

Julio Jones, AJ Green, Brandon Lafell, Shay Hodge and at times McCluster who were all good SEC WR's this year to say the least. Last year there was also Massaquoi, McKinley & Byrd in the SEC. That doesn't account for facing WR's like Gilyard, Iglesias & Broyles in Bowl games the last 2 years.

And Haden has had to go against the likes of Cooper, Murphy and Harvin the last 2 years in practices.

Those guys are decent at best, but more importantly, had no QBs that were any good. The SEC is the best conference in NCAA, but it is a smash mouth conference, the QBs are the weakest of any conference.
As far as practice, Cooper is meh, Murphy pretty good, and Harvin came out of the backfield so much I doubt Haden was on him much if at all. I'm not saying the guy sucks, I just don't think he is an elite prospect worthy of a top 15 pick is all.

The ignorance in this post is simply AMAZING! Did you real just say AJ green and Julion Jones are "decent at best" do you seriously believe that. The other receivers mentioned are solid however, these 2 guys are phenoms physically and will be top picks themselves when they come out. Just because they have a bad QB that is really minimally important when watching film on a CB beccause you are watching how he reads a route stem in his backpedal, how he plays each tecnique, and the looking at his tendacies and his physical tools. Haden IS a "elite prospect" Haden will be very good in this league and simply shut guys down if he falls to us and we take him we should be happy and we have some of the weakest pass D out there. All the hate in this thread towards Haden is seriously misguided due to a lack of his "timed speed". The kid will be good everyone in here needs to stop being Al Davis clones and so worried about the stop watch and just watch the kid on film where he blankets people and has great recovery speed and lateral agility.

Ignorance? Hardly. Sorry, I disagree, doesn't mean I don't know what I'm talking about. Julio Jones has been hyped since H.S, but show me the production in college, sorry 8 TDs in 2 years on any offense is nothing to write home about. AJ Green has nice potential but he isn't there yet and has similar unimpressive production to Jones. Of course QB has an effect, it's easier to make a play if the QB isn't accurate
And point to the part in any post where I have mentioned timed speed. Also, I'm sick of hearing about guys "looking at the film" and examining single players. Dude, you don't have any film. Youtube isn't film. As far as physical tools, he isn't protypical size, he doesn't possess exceptional speed, he doesn't provide added value in the return game. Nothing about him would be considered elite and there's much better value for what we need later in the draft.

Julio Jones and AJ Green will be the first 2 off the boards for WR when they decide to enter the draft. They are both very talented and play in a conference where the defenses of teams are outstanding. Haden shut them both down. If u want to go outside the conference, and to a webzone favorite, Gilyard didn't stand a chance against Haden. Haden is elite. Dez Bryant is considered the top WR this year with Michael Crabtree being just that last year and they both play in the garbage Big 12 who felt the wrath of an SEC defense the past 2 years in the title game. Crabtree is a natural WR and he proved that his 2 years in college and being able to come into the NFL with no preparation and put up good numbers for the amount of games he played but I'm bot as sold on any other WR. I guarantee if Jones or Green would of entered the draft this year, they would be considered the top Wideouts.

They may be drafted high based on measurables and postential, that has nothing to do with production.And felt the wrath? Texas had a chance to win that game with a QB that had never played a college game. Not that that has anything to do with Haden not being elite, because he isn't. Good yes, elite, no.

1) Should probably know WHO you are talking to before you say "I" dont have film bc I have been around this board a long time i dont visit much anymore because of my work load but FYI I am a college DB's coach and yes I do have film on Joe Haden, and while I dont review college players for the draft near as much as I used to because of work but I definetly do watch the top players.

2) Joe Haden's technique is elite, his body positioning is "elite" as far as reading and reacting, his lateral agility is elite, his recovery speed is elite. to describe him as anything less then elite is silly. If you really watch him play and go back and watch Darelle Revis please note the similarities and look at all the knocks on Revis coming out. Their play style is extremely comparable however Iwould go as far as to say Haden has smoother hips.

3) everything bad that you mentioned was measureables and easily identified by the Armchair QB as a "weakness", please tell me his real problems as far as technique. you cant... even if you knew about DB techniques, because his technique and footwork/hipwork are near perfect.

so in essence, yes your post on Haden are ignorant, he is a ELITE prospect
[ Edited by nvchamp9ers on Mar 17, 2010 at 4:21 PM ]
  • 49ersBackOnTop38
  • Info N/A
Originally posted by 49ersBackOnTop38:

They may be drafted high based on measurables and postential, that has nothing to do with production.And felt the wrath? Texas had a chance to win that game with a QB that had never played a college game. Not that that has anything to do with Haden not being elite, because he isn't. Good yes, elite, no.

They made a run late in the game after there best player took 1 hit from an SEC linebacker and that was that and OU's offense didn't stand a chance the moment they stepped on the field against Florida's defense 2 years ago. If he wasn't elite, why did damn near ALL the scouts have him pegged as a top 15 pick, with some considering him a top 10? If you don't care for him just cause then just say that, but the proof is on the "film" and all you have to do is wach him play to know what he is capable of. ELITE
Originally posted by YourHuckleberry:
Originally posted by RedWaltz24:
I'm all for drafting Haden. It would be a steal for the Niners.

No it wouldn't!!

First of all, CB isn't even that great of a need: OT, OG, OLB, S are all greater needs. Would he start ahead of Clements? No. Would he start ahead of Spencer? No. We'd be spending a 1st round pick on a nickle back.

Secondly, he's not even that good.

I swear to God, if we spend our 1st pick on Haden, I'm going to punch an infant.

Quote:
1) Should probably know WHO you are talking to before you say "I" dont have film bc I have been around this board a long time i dont visit much anymore because of my work load but FYI I am a college DB's coach and yes I do have film on Joe Haden, and while I dont review college players for the draft near as much as I used to because of work but I definetly do watch the top players.

2) Joe Haden's technique is elite, his body positioning is "elite" as far as reading and reacting, his lateral agility is elite, his recovery speed is elite. to describe him as anything less then elite is silly. If you really watch him play and go back and watch Darelle Revis please note the similarities and look at all the knocks on Revis coming out. Their play style is extremely comparable however Iwould go as far as to say Haden has smoother hips.

3) everything bad that you mentioned was measureables and easily identified by the Armchair QB as a "weakness", please tell me his real problems as far as technique. you cant... even if you knew about DB techniques, because his technique and footwork/hipwork are near perfect.

ooooo in your face..hahah
What school do you coach for?
[ Edited by noobie on Mar 17, 2010 at 8:02 PM ]

Nice! I have been calling for the drafting of Joe Haden for months and it is nice to hear someone who really knows defensive backs agreeing with that. The 40 at the combine was BS. He obviously had flaws in his technique. What he doesnt have is flaws in his technique as a CB. I think he is the real deal and will probably be gone before we pick. If he isnt, we would be stupid not to take him.
Share 49ersWebzone