Remember
Not a member? Register Now!

DraftCountdown.com: 03/15/2010 Mock Draft

Originally posted by WillistheWall:
Originally posted by ninerlifer:
Originally posted by willworkforbecky:
Originally posted by GEEK:
Why the hell would we take a CB when we have basically two starters at CB and a good #3 option in Brown - especially over an OT?

The logic in this mock is odd, and further pushes the fact that Scott Wright is an amateur in his analysis.

agreed.

we arent in th luxury of drafting 1st rounders to just be bench warmers....even if we "do" draft Haden...he wont start ahead of Nate, Shaunte, and TBrown.

We need to win now and we have other needs like the OL.....

Listen, I love my Niners just as much as everyone on this board. But if you can't admit that our No Bowl secandary needs help then your a Homer. Nate has been getting burned since he got here. I love his passion, I only wish his pass coverage matched his intensity. Spencer is a # 2 and a good one. Brown right now is just ok, no more no less. I watched a couple tapes(youtube) of Haden and the glaring differance between his highlight pick and the other cb is he is always around the ball. He does'nt have a bunch of clips of bad throws from QB's to wide open defenders. He makes plays on the ball. I would encourage anyone to watch the tapes(youtube) of the top cb in the draft and you'll see what I mean.

At least they are servicable....we have a constant revolving door at RT...and we need to upgrade over Baas, who is far worse than anyone in our secondary...still Hayden will not get the imediate satart over Nate and Shaute, dont be fooled to think that....our 2 1st rounders need to be starters....IMO we get 2 OL (Williams and the cat from Idaho) we will be imediate contenders.

Mike Iupati isn't even that good!!! You all act like he'll walk into the NFL dominating nfl dlineman, and the guy didn't even dominate top talent in college. He beat up on guys who were like division 2 players. I'm not saying he sucks, he has some talent, but he seems to have a bit of a problem with holding and he's not the great Larry Allen type dominating force you all make him out to be.

Especially if we sign Chester Pitts, we have no reason to reach on a guard in round 1. Baas can be replaced without using one of our 1st rounders. He didn't even play too horribly towards the end of the season. We NEED a corner who can cover. I'm not saying Joe Haden is the guy we need, I like Kyle Wilson a lot better, but teams who have players that can cover win in this league. If we had a CB like Kyle Wilson, who is pretty damn fast and pretty strong and has really good technique, we could just put him on those damn small WRs like DeSean Jackson who always kill us, and we can put him on the guys who play the slot a lot like Housh also since he's strong.

If we sign Chester Pitts, with an OL coming off of microfracture surgery is a HUGE risk. So Im not sure it will be worth it.

Stop selling small college players short. There are a tom of mfl players from small schools that are all pro. Iupati dominated his postition...that does translate well in the pros. He dominated at his position in the Senior Bowl, up until he was asked to play a position he wasnt accustomed to is when he had problems.

He is an upgrade over Baas and possibly Rachal (I hope this guy gets his $hit together this year). Hayden or Wilson are not upgrades to Spencer and Clements (arguable though).
we arent in th luxury of drafting 1st rounders to just be bench warmers....even if we "do" draft Haden...he wont start ahead of Nate, Shaunte, and TBrown.

We need to win now and we have other needs like the OL.....

Rookies shouldn't start on good teams. Even 1st round picks. Haden would be the obvious replacement to Clements (or Spencer) in a year or two and could get in some quality ST time and some plays at DB his rookie season.

I also think he may start ahead of Tarrell Brown in 2010.
Member Milestone: This is post number 400 for Gavintech.
Originally posted by PTulini:
Scott Wright's Latest Mock

#13- CB Joe Haden- Florida
#17- OG Mike Iupati- Idaho
#49- RB Jahvid Best- California

I don't hate this draft.
  • Sacto_49ersfan
  • Info N/A
Originally posted by nickbradley:
Originally posted by SanDiego49er:
Originally posted by PTulini:
Scott Wright's Latest Mock

#13- CB Joe Haden- Florida
#17- OG Mike Iupati- Idaho
#49- RB Jahvid Best- California

No Joe Haden. He runs around 4.6. How will he match up against guys like Calvin Johnson?

No, he ran a 4.6...injured.

According to ESPN Insider - Haden ran a 4.39 and 4.44 40 at the Pro Day.
I don't think McCloughan would take an OG at 17. I still think we get Trent Willliams or Davis at 13 and then either at 17 we take Kyle Wilson, Taylor Mays or an OLB or try to trade back.