There are 89 users in the forums

Remember
Not a member? Register Now!

surround smith with talent

Originally posted by SanDiego49er:
It makes sense to me. I don't know why they haven't done it all these years. Smith never had a good O Line as long as he's been there.

This!

We need to improve our O-line, this will make Smith, Gore, VD, Crabtree, and Morgan better.
  • Kolohe
  • Hall of Fame
Rather surround Sam Bradford with talent!!!!
Originally posted by Kolohe:

then you might want to consider becoming a ram fan, cause thats the only way that's happening.
  • Kolohe
  • Hall of Fame
Originally posted by TheGoldStandard:

then you might want to consider becoming a ram fan, cause thats the only way that's happening.

k-thanks.

Who else see's if Smith throws 25+ TD's next season and 9ers happened to draft OT/Playmakers in draft....that all the Smith Haters will say it's because the OL gave him so much time anyone could do good... or that any joe shmoe could throw 25 Td's with the playmakers around him.
  • Kolohe
  • Hall of Fame
Originally posted by northstar:
Who else see's if Smith throws 25+ TD's next season and 9ers happened to draft OT/Playmakers in draft....that all the Smith Haters will say it's because the OL gave him so much time anyone could do good... or that any joe shmoe could throw 25 Td's with the playmakers around him.

If Smith throws for 25 TD's next season, then it should mean only one thing, we're making the playoffs and Alex Smith love or hate won't matter anymore. All I know is, I'd rather have Smith starting and playing every snap than see David Carr come in. When Tony Banks was playing for Houston, I was more scared of him than Carr.

And yes, we do need to surround Smith with talent, but first and foremost we need to surround him with protection. IMO, I think we have enough (offensive) talent to get into the playoffs now, we're just a Eric Berry away from getting into round two of the playoffs!!!

If Smith throws for 25 TD's next season, then it should mean only one thing, we're making the playoffs and Alex Smith love or hate won't matter anymore. All I know is, I'd rather have Smith starting and playing every snap than see David Carr come in. When Tony Banks was playing for Houston, I was more scared of him than Carr.

And yes, we do need to surround Smith with talent, but first and foremost we need to surround him with protection. IMO, I think we have enough (offensive) talent to get into the playoffs now, we're just a Eric Berry away from getting into round two of the playoffs!!!

I like that attitude! I honestly don't get all the negativity after the performance last year by Smith in 10.5 games... considering if you looked when he was playing bad the playcall was just terrible... mostly due to the OL not providing the Runblock/passblock needed to complete the play effectively... but people still ignore this and think we won't ever do good into the playoffs with Smith.... I mean come one look at the Giants and the Jets...having a Peyton or Drew is not the only way to get far into playoffs/win the superbowl. It's the team as a whole.
Originally posted by PatrickWillis52:
Jesus Christmas I had never thought of that until you posted this. Thank you.

lol
Originally posted by 9erred:
Amen brother. If the niners get an OT and Spiller in round 1, it would only help Smith. Heck I even wanted Dez Bryant, but he is too much of a lazy arse, so I say avoid him.

id take Dez in a heartbeat if he falls to us. two huge, young talented recievers to go with Morgan, Jason Hill and whoever else they wanna keep, VD and Gore? thats a good group of young talent to work with
Originally posted by ninerforyears:
Originally posted by oklasooners:
everyone should know we need to surround smith with talent.How are we suppose to see him devolpe into a great QB without drafting more talent to be around him. Since peyton came into the leagure IND. has drafted an offenseive player in the firat round I believe 70% of the time. They contsanly surround him with talent to make him better. Give him Spiller OT in 1st. Shipley in 3rd. let him have play makers and see what happens. I guartantee if they give him spiller and a OT in the 1st he will throw 27+TD'S for the season. Esp. with Davis and Crabtree. Will ore time in the pocket and Gore getting the tough yards and a home run threat(Spiller)...thoughts?

Man it doesn't matter who we bring in to help alex smith he still wont throw for 20+ touchdowns! He is a 16-to 18 touchdowns quaterback. We can not change his spots not matter what we try to do to make him what he obviously is not! A pro-bowl quaterback!

He got 18 in 10 games. Do you think he would have been basically shut out in the others. Once he hits 18 that's it?
[ Edited by BHulman on Mar 16, 2010 at 12:23 PM ]
At least we know the contrary (no O-line and no talent) works perfectly

I like that attitude! I honestly don't get all the negativity after the performance last year by Smith in 10.5 games... considering if you looked when he was playing bad the playcall was just terrible... mostly due to the OL not providing the Runblock/passblock needed to complete the play effectively... but people still ignore this and think we won't ever do good into the playoffs with Smith.... I mean come one look at the Giants and the Jets...having a Peyton or Drew is not the only way to get far into playoffs/win the superbowl. It's the team as a whole.

This