LISTEN: Are The 49ers Showing Their Hand? →

There are 250 users in the forums

how about the BEST IMPACT PLAYER and not the best player available

Ive seen alot of mocks drafting a cornerback or linebacker in the first round.

But do we really need a linebacker? we have willis, lawson, brooks and our sack totals are improving each year

Do we really need a cornerback with spencer, brown. and clements?

I dont see a reason why we need to draft a linebacker or a cornerback. lets say for instance we do, how much will they improve the team over what we already have?

now if we were to choose the BEST IMPACT PLAYER that will improve our team instantly, that would really help our team instead of choosing players that might not make that much of an impact THIS YEAR.

I say with our first we need IMPACT PLAYERS SUCH SPILLER, OL, OR A SAFETY; we dont need to address any other position in the first rounds.

we really need to address a replacement for lewis. a replacement for him will definitely have a big impact for our team this year and need to upgrade our offensive line.

can you guys name another player other than spiller that could have a bigger impact THIS year on our team when we pick in the first round?

so please no more mock drafts with us picking up a cornerback or a linebacker, just mmakes no sense.
[ Edited by Daniel2778 on Mar 14, 2010 at 2:31 PM ]
A bigger impact? Well, how about we sort the offensive line?
Originally posted by English:
A bigger impact? Well, how about we sort the offensive line?

i tottaly agree, OL with spiller in the first or thomas and spiller in the first, other than that, i cant see us picking up anyone else that could have a bigger impact this year, can you?

this draft would have the biggest impact on us:
1a spiller
1b thomas
2nd OL

or
1a spiller
1b best offensive lineman available
2b safety

i cant see another draft having a bigger impact this year. its time to start finally making the playoffs and winning, we already have the other peices in place.
[ Edited by Daniel2778 on Mar 14, 2010 at 2:58 PM ]
How much of an impact can spiller make when we don't have an OL first we get OL then we can get an impact player

if you want to make the playoffs and go far you need to win at the trenches look at both colts and the saints brees and manning ha all day to throw the ball same with Brady 3 years ago when he broke all the records bottom line is if we want to win and give our qb a chance to succeed give him more protection I can't name the last time an OL with our kind of talent (or lack of) has made the playoffs or gone far in the playoffs
Originally posted by 49ersalldaway126:
How much of an impact can spiller make when we don't have an OL first we get OL then we can get an impact player

if you want to make the playoffs and go far you need to win at the trenches look at both colts and the saints brees and manning ha all day to throw the ball same with Brady 3 years ago when he broke all the records bottom line is if we want to win and give our qb a chance to succeed give him more protection I can't name the last time an OL with our kind of talent (or lack of) has made the playoffs or gone far in the playoffs

Football games are won and lost in the trenches! I have to believe Sing knows this being from a defensive backround. I sure hope so at least.
Originally posted by Daniel2778:

But do we really need a linebacker? we have willis, lawson, brooks and our sack totals are improving each year

I dont see a reason why we need to draft a linebacker or a cornerback. lets say for instance we do, how much will they improve the team over what we already have?

now if we were to choose the BEST IMPACT PLAYER that will improve our team instantly, that would really help our team instead of choosing players that might not make that much of an impact THIS YEAR.

I say with our first we need IMPACT PLAYERS SUCH SPILLER, OL, OR A SAFETY; we dont need to address any other position in the first rounds.

we really need to address a replacement for lewis. a replacement for him will definitely have a big impact for our team this year and need to upgrade our offensive line.

can you guys name another player other than spiller that could have a bigger impact THIS year on our team when we pick in the first round?

so please no more mock drafts with us picking up a cornerback or a linebacker, just mmakes no sense.

Let me ask you a question. Besides P-Willy, do any of our current players on defense even approach Pro bowl level of play? None of our OLB's or CB's come close. I get your point that our overall defense is good, but the Niners could always use a premium player at those positions. A safety that can cover like an Ed Reed would be nice, too, but don't tell me that the Niners don't need another pass rusher or cover corner. THAT make no sense at all to me.
[ Edited by m_brockalexander on Mar 14, 2010 at 4:16 PM ]
Originally posted by m_brockalexander:

Let me ask you a question. Besides P-Willy, do any of our current players on defense even approach Pro bowl level of play? None of our OLB's or CB's come close. I get your point that our overall defense is good, but the Niners could always use a premium player at those positions. A safety that can cover like an Ed Reed would be nice, too, but don't tell me that the Niners don't need another pass rusher or cover corner. THAT make no sense at all to me.

I get your point. I also I think it makes sense to look at last year's play and consider why we lost the games we lost. It's hard to argue that the D-line and LBs lost us any games.

If we look at what lost us games and try to fix that, it comes right back to OL and defensive secondary.
  • willworkforbecky
  • Info N/A

I could'nt agree more. Last year it wasn't just our offence that lost games, our pass D was horrific. The way you fix that is with a pass rush and better coverage. If we can fix both with good football players I don't care where there picked.
Spiller would be best at 13 unless a top 3 T falls to us. With our next 2 picks we can take RT and a cb or S. That way we improve our OL, get a member of the secondary that might help this year and hopefully in the future and maybe get Spiller as well.

As far as our LB's, you are right. As a unit we were one of the best in the nfl. And on D our secondary was not great but it was one of the better units considering we went against Warner 2 times and shut him down, held Manning in check, and gave Favre some trouble. Spencer played at a pro bowl level last year and Goldson did as well. So did Smith. Look at the other members that were elected to the pro bowl and you will see Goldson, Smith, Spencer were all pro bowl level.

I'm glad there are still some sane people posting here.

Originally posted by genus49:

I'm glad there are still some sane people posting here.

C. J. Spiller at #13= Impact Player.

Brandon Graham at #17= Impact Player.

Nuff said.
brandon graham!!

i never said they dont need another pass rusher or a corner, i said in the FIRST ROUND we should draft players that will have a big impact right off the bat. and i only see us drafting an OL, SAFETY or SPILLER that could step in from day one, and make an impact.

all the other needs, can be addressed from rounds 2
Originally posted by teeohh:
brandon graham!!

Agree
Share 49ersWebzone