There are 139 users in the forums

Remember
Not a member? Register Now!

if niners exchangeded carr for shaun hill because...

they want to throw the ball downfield more, wouldnt golden tate have to be a consideration for one of their 1st rd picks

he will get downfeld quicker than josh morgan
Carr isn't gonna start, so it doesn't matter.
lulz
He cant get down field quicker than Jason Hill and his 4.32 40 time. Tate is nice, but we dont need him.
exchangeded?!!? that's cuuuuuraaaaazy
  • krizay
  • Veteran
Originally posted by Dominate:
He cant get down field quicker than Jason Hill and his 4.32 40 time. Tate is nice, but we dont need him.

He or Bryant are instant upgrades to our WR unit.
this thread makes no sense carr is not starting
[ Edited by 49ersalldaway126 on Mar 14, 2010 at 12:01 PM ]
Originally posted by marshniners24:
lulz
Originally posted by krizay:

Darrelle Revis and Chris Johnson would also be instant upgrades too. But we still dont need them!
Off season. Doncha luvit
  • krizay
  • Veteran

Darrelle Revis and Chris Johnson would also be instant upgrades too. But we still dont need them!

I actually like our DB's and agree we don't need Chris Johnson. But our WR's aren't all that great. I'm not sold on Morgan as a starter. But even if I was. We run a 3 WR set the majority of the time and don't have 3 legit WR's to throw out there. So imo we need help at WR. Now it doesn't have to be Bryant or Tate. But either of those 2 would be nice.

I actually like our DB's and agree we don't need Chris Johnson. But our WR's aren't all that great. I'm not sold on Morgan as a starter. But even if I was. We run a 3 WR set the majority of the time and don't have 3 legit WR's to throw out there. So imo we need help at WR. Now it doesn't have to be Bryant or Tate. But either of those 2 would be nice.

Fair enough, but WR doesnt bother me that much. We have Dlove and VD who we can split wide as well. I`m not sure we will ever see the Dallas Clark type production out of the slot but the potential is there. I actually think Jason Hill would be our best option at #2 WR. When he plays he does nothing but make plays. With that beign said I`m not really sold on Morgan, Jones or Hill either. But I do like our depth and think we can get along with our corps.

IMO we have more pressing needs
  • krizay
  • Veteran

Fair enough, but WR doesnt bother me that much. We have Dlove and VD who we can split wide as well. I`m not sure we will ever see the Dallas Clark type production out of the slot but the potential is there. I actually think Jason Hill would be our best option at #2 WR. When he plays he does nothing but make plays. With that beign said I`m not really sold on Morgan, Jones or Hill either. But I do like our depth and think we can get along with our corps.

I understand where you are coming from. However, I again disagree. Well to a certain extent.

If we had a pro bowl type QB I too think we could get by with our WR's. But what good would a good/great OT be if we have an inaccurate QB throwing to guys who can't get open consistently? Compared to an adequate/good/potential to be great OT and a good/great WR that can get open consistently and make plays on inaccurate balls and make plays with the ball in their hand?

IMO Alex Smith needs playmakers to succeed. regardless of who is protecting him.

I understand where you are coming from. However, I again disagree. Well to a certain extent.

If we had a pro bowl type QB I too think we could get by with our WR's. But what good would a good/great OT be if we have an inaccurate QB throwing to guys who can't get open consistently? Compared to an adequate/good/potential to be great OT and a good/great WR that can get open consistently and make plays on inaccurate balls and make plays with the ball in their hand?

IMO Alex Smith needs playmakers to succeed. regardless of who is protecting him.

Well Morgan did have 52 catches last year while playing all 3 positions. Thats not to bad for a guy who is a 2nd option at best. Clearly VD is the go to guy in the passing game. Then Crabs will be option #2. its debateable but Id say Gore would be the 3rd option and then Morgan as the 4th. Morgan wont get a ton of looks in this offense. Thats the reason I think him or Hill would be just fine. I dont feel we need another top flight WR who is going to be a #4 option.

I`d love to upgrade but I think its to early to give up on the guys we have. If we draft a tate or bryant you can pretty much stick a fork in our guys.
[ Edited by Dominate on Mar 14, 2010 at 12:32 PM ]