There are 102 users in the forums

Remember
Not a member? Register Now!

Earl Thomas at #17 Bandwagon

I say we pull the trigger at #17 with this guy. He would be an instant starter and would give us that ballhawking FS we have been lacking what seems like forever. Thomas would also add much needed speed to our secondary and allow us to get rid of roman. If we go OT with our first pick would you guys like the addition of earl thomas commanding the back end of our D?

check this out http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WK_tq6nqCPU
if we get an o-lineman with the 13th pick i'm all for it
He looks to small and he reminds of Lord Helmet from Spaceballs.
He's potentially worth that but I doubt we take him.
I wouldn't be mad, but I'd rather have Nate Allen in the second.
on it his coverage skills are amazing hes a true ballhawk
Originally posted by thuglife619:
I say we pull the trigger at #17 with this guy. He would be an instant starter and would give us that ballhawking FS we have been lacking what seems like forever. Thomas would also add much needed speed to our secondary and allow us to get rid of roman. If we go OT with our first pick would you guys like the addition of earl thomas commanding the back end of our D?

check this out http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WK_tq6nqCPU

Most amazing ball skills in the draft. Mike Mayock thinks he's better than Eric Berry...but berry is 2 inches taller.
i wouldnt hate that pick but i would prefer Reshad Jones in the second.
Ballhawking skills look impressive but I fear his size might give him problems tackling bigger NFL receivers. And, I'd like to see Goldson one more year as our FS before even considering moving him to SS.
Thomas is a real ballhawk, and could turn into something special. I really hope we draft him.
[ Edited by PatrickWillis52 on Mar 14, 2010 at 9:32 PM ]
Originally posted by amigoj49:
Ballhawking skills look impressive but I fear his size might give him problems tackling bigger NFL receivers. And, I'd like to see Goldson one more year as our FS before even considering moving him to SS.

Goldson said on twitter he'd be willing to move to SS if we drafted ET. Thomas is going to be good guys, real good. He's 5'10'', which really isn't that small. Bethea and Ed Reed are both about the same guys.
I would rather have an OT and Iupati and the best FS in the 2nd round. But, I would be okay with an OT and Thomas in the first and the best OG in the second.
Some think he may be gone by 13 so at 17 he will probably be the BPA. How mad would the zoners be if we went with Haden at 13 and Thomas at 17? Our Defense would be sick, but we might have to endure another year of not being able to run the ball and/or Alex being harassed often if we don't get lucky with our later picks.
Originally posted by flynhayn15:
Some think he may be gone by 13 so at 17 he will probably be the BPA. How mad would the zoners be if we went with Haden at 13 and Thomas at 17? Our Defense would be sick, but we might have to endure another year of not being able to run the ball and/or Alex being harassed often if we don't get lucky with our later picks.

That's how I mocked things falling out. It comes down to Haden or Spiller at 13, and we take Haden. RT is definitely priority #1, but the top 4 OTs will be gone by then.

We can get a good RT in the second round that can play as a rookie.

http://www.49erswebzone.com/forum/thread.php?num=139115

I agree that our D would be unstoppable.
Search Podcast Draft Forum Commentary News Shop Home