There are 72 users in the forums

Remember
Not a member? Register Now!

Bigger faster safety than Goldson - Rashard Jones

Forget Earl Thomas and Taylor Mays, this is the guy I want for strong safety leaving Goldson as a FS. Together, they will be fast and vicious. Oh yea, he has experience returning punts too.

size: 6-1.5 215 lbs.

Combine:
40 yd dash - 4.54
bench reps - 24
vertical - 39.5 inches - that's some explosion

[ Edited by kronik on Mar 8, 2010 at 4:10 PM ]
Member Milestone: This is post number 1,600 for jta854.
Originally posted by jta854:
i only watched him sparingly at georgia, so i dont know
how disciplined he as at sticking to his assignments but...
he has EVERYTHING that i would want for our SS.
PHYSICAL, good size, good speed, quick feet...
and appears very fluid and natural when the ball is in the air.
what more could you want?
he should still be there at 49 yes?
I watched a few games of him and wouldn't be pissed if we picked him later in the draft.
  • JDog
  • Veteran
What round is he projected to go?
3rd i think

jones and goldson would be sick destroyin fools in the secondary
He's still very raw and could take a few years to develop, but love his skills/abilities and the way he plays the game. He's got a ton of potential though and might have to be taken in the 2nd.
Would rather have Nate Allen in the 2nd, but if Jones makes it to the 3rd he would be a nice pickup.
Originally posted by m_brockalexander:
Would rather have Nate Allen in the 2nd, but if Jones makes it to the 3rd he would be a nice pickup.

I don't think Allen makes it to us in the 2nd.
He seems like he would be a nice fit back there.
If Rashad Jones is gone by the time we pick in the 3rd, Morgan Bennett is just as good.
Yes! I have been saying that this guy would be the perfect complement at SS. He is a COMPLETE saftey and can do everthing and is great value in the third. However about returning punts, he only did it on limited occasions and, although he was okay, he is more for KP/PR depth than someone you want return kicks on a regular basis. Now we just need that shutdown corner and Micah Johnson in the 5th and we have a bunch of defensive playmakers for the future.
Originally posted by jreff22:
Originally posted by m_brockalexander:

I don't think Allen makes it to us in the 2nd.

I guess we have to hope that all the other GM's devalue safeties as much as McCloughan does. Everything I have seen of Allen in highlights makes him a great option at #49.
Originally posted by mebemused:
If Rashad Jones is gone by the time we pick in the 3rd, Morgan Burnett is just as good.

Fixed