There are 545 users in the forums

Remember
Not a member? Register Now!

Would you consider trading....

I am not crazy about trading future picks, or moving Dashon to SS, but if the opportunity appeared, do you think we should trade #13 and a 2011 3rd for the bills pick to get Berry?

1) Sam Bradford
2) Ndamukong Suh
3) Gerald McCoy
4) Russell Okung- with Chris Samuels offical retirment, I think the skins realise how bad they need a tackle
5) Bryan Bulaga- the most polished OT in the draft and has conections to pioli
6) Jimmy Clausen- Pete Carrol gets someone to be "his guy" for the future
7) Dez Bryant- Hadens slow time pushes him out of the top 10, maybe even 15 (to be cont. at pro day)
8) Bruce Campbell
9) (Traded to 9ers for #13 & 2011 3rd) Eric Berry- we get out "ed reed"
10) Jason Pierre-Paul- they should pick morgan (more polished) but they go for JPPs potential and athleticism
11) Dan Williams- the key to the 3-4 is the NT
12) Sergio Kindle (i assume the dolphins sign K Dansby, lowering their need for a LB)- they lose joey porter and jason taylor, so thet NEED a stud OLB and Kindle is their guy.
13) (Traded to bills) Trent Williams- they passed on a OT last year and look where they end up. They get a steal on Willams and pick up a future pick form the 9ers.
14) CJ Spiller- Pete gets another offensive weapon to use. Bad for 9ers, but Willis and Berry should take care of things.
15) Rolando McClain (if Dansby signs here switch McClain to fins and NYG take Morgan)- they lost Antonio Pierce and Need a LB to take control of that D. McClain is a perfect fit for the G-Men.
16) Derrick Morgan- Tennesse is back in bussiness as they steal the BEST DE in the draft. He is top 8 talent, yet falls due to many teams switching to a 3-4 and lots of need for OT
17) Anthony Davis- This MASSIVE man could anchor the Right side of our O-line and will be a beast in the run game.

1A) Berry- S Improves our secondary
1B) Davis- OT Anchors the right side of our O-line
2) Cox-CB Can return kicks/punts and is a big physical corner
3) Houston- DT Depth on the D-line and will be what Balmer was supposed to be
4) Roberts- WR More special team depth (KR/PR) and a slot reciever
5) Micah Johnson- An athletic MLB with upside to be groomed to play next to Willis
6) Brandon Carter- OG Missed last year for violating rules, great college player
7) O'Brien Schofield- OLB Tore ACL and may never play, but was real good

This draft sets us up to be a post season contender and contend for a championship in 2-4 years down the road, (assuming we continue to draft SMART)

PS many of you will want our 3rd rounder to instead be another OL player, which I belive is smart, BUT i think Lamarr Houston is a STEAL in the 3rd and after being groomed for the future, will become a GREAT PLAYER. the value is just too much. I'd rather take a Gaurd in the 6th than in the 3rd (better value)

Depth
QB A. Smith
RB F. Gore/G. Coffee
FB M. Norris
TE V. Davis/ D. Walker
LT J. Staley
LG D. Baas
C E. Heitmann
RG C. Rachal
RT A. Davis
WR M. Crabtree/ J. Morgan/ A. Robert

LE J. Smith/ R. McDonald
NT A. Franklin
RE I. Sopoaga/ L. Houston
LOLB P. Haralson/ A. Brooks
MLB P. Willis/ T. Spikes/ S. McKillop
ROLB M. Lawson/ D. Briggs
CB S. Spencer/ N. Clements/ P. Cox/ T. Brown
FS E. Berry/ D. Goldson
SS D. Goldson/ M. Lewis

This team is a good mix of youth and vets that will make the playoffs in 2010-11, but doesn't have enough to get to the confrence game. With a good draft next year (add another WR/RB and a rush OLB and NT) we will be in good position for the next decade.
hell yeah
I dont think a future 3rd rounder would let us jump from 13 to 9
Originally posted by 49ersalldaway126:

Future picks have a lower value and the Bills would likely not want to move back four spots for a 3rd round pick next year. They are trying to rebuild and would almost want a pick from this year to move back unless they are moving back for a 2011 1st round pick which we would not be giving up to move up to 9.
Originally posted by KRS-1:
Originally posted by 49ersalldaway126:

Future picks have a lower value and the Bills would likely not want to move back four spots for a 3rd round pick next year. They are trying to rebuild and would almost want a pick from this year to move back unless they are moving back for a 2011 1st round pick which we would not be giving up to move up to 9.

That's actually a perfectly-even deal. The draft value shart states that a 'fair deal' for the #9 is a 4th and a 5th rounder to move up from 13...186 points. Since a future year's pick is worth about 1/2 of the current year, fair value would be a pick worth around 370 points in 2011...the 10th or 11th pick in the 3rd round in 2011.

Since we picked #13 this year, its not far off. a 5th or 6th rounder in 2010 would compensate for risk that we have a better record next year.
THis would be a very good draft haul for the 49ers.. Unfortunately I don't see Berry slipping to #9. I also think some team will take a flyer on Schofield before the 7th.
we dont need to trade any picks we are in a prime position with 2 1st rounders in a draft filled with talent the problem i have is this conservative or cheap approach team is taking during free agency when we won our superbowl eddie d stockpilled our teams with quality veterans for our superbowl run now i know some may disagree but darren sharper nine ints 6 house calls is a great addition for a team weak at safety and pass defense michael lewis is one concussion away from retirement we need a safety i hate mark roman 1 pick in four years a s starter why would we not try to pick up a rolle or sharper both probowlers also t.o would be a good addition to wr corps to replace aging bruce and a non productive brandon jones if not t.o what about antonio bryant he was good for us one year great for tb next year he has some character issues but we have strong coach in place to deal with any characters remember at one point vernon davis was a character mike crabtree was supposed to be a diva both our prime playmakers under iron mike we need to stop being cheap and pick up a starter or two in free agency
T + Eric Berry is the dream draft
I don't think that this is a draft that you trade up for anything in the first round unless you are a team looking to get Bradford or Clausen. I think this draft has tremendous depth at a lot of positions and that the difference between the top player and the next 3 players at a lot of positions is not great enough to warrant that trade. If the draft plays out like you've drawn up and Sing wanted a safety at that pick then we should take Earl Thomas. I don't see Sing as the trade up kind of coach, I see him as more of the let the draft come to you in the first 2 rounds, taking the best player available and then go for positions of need. I know I might be totally wrong because I've only seen one Sing run draft, and you may be right, but thats my opinion. Plus I don't like trading future picks away.
Originally posted by 4DNinersSon:
I don't think that this is a draft that you trade up for anything in the first round unless you are a team looking to get Bradford or Clausen. I think this draft has tremendous depth at a lot of positions and that the difference between the top player and the next 3 players at a lot of positions is not great enough to warrant that trade. If the draft plays out like you've drawn up and Sing wanted a safety at that pick then we should take Earl Thomas. I don't see Sing as the trade up kind of coach, I see him as more of the let the draft come to you in the first 2 rounds, taking the best player available and then go for positions of need. I know I might be totally wrong because I've only seen one Sing run draft, and you may be right, but thats my opinion. Plus I don't like trading future picks away.

I would agree with you if it wasn't Eric Berry. He is far and away the best DB in the draft, nobody else could start day 1 and have the success that he could have. Thomas is a ball-hawk but he isn't as big or as physical as Berry. Having seen him at the combine and in a few games last year, he's the real deal. He easily had more fluid hips than a lot of the corners. McC has said that Berry is the only player on their board worth trading up for so you never know.... As long as we get a RT I'm happy, but Berry is a stud.
Originally posted by foreign49er:
Originally posted by 4DNinersSon:

I would agree with you if it wasn't Eric Berry. He is far and away the best DB in the draft, nobody else could start day 1 and have the success that he could have. Thomas is a ball-hawk but he isn't as big or as physical as Berry. Having seen him at the combine and in a few games last year, he's the real deal. He easily had more fluid hips than a lot of the corners. McC has said that Berry is the only player on their board worth trading up for so you never know.... As long as we get a RT I'm happy, but Berry is a stud.

I can't disagree with you, but I don't think we'll have to worry about it. I don't see him falling far enough that all it'll cost us is next year's 3. I would love Berry & an RT too as long as its not Bruce Campbell.
I think Berry will be another Ed Reed. Question - How many Superbowls did the Ravens win with Ed Reed? As tempting as it is I wouldn't trade.
Originally posted by LasVegasWally:
I think Berry will be another Ed Reed. Question - How many Superbowls did the Ravens win with Ed Reed? As tempting as it is I wouldn't trade.

Just because they never won with him, doesn't mean its because of him. TEAMS win games not players. Oh, and if buffalo doesn't trade, they STILL take Trent Williams. That is why they make the trade.
1) Bradford
2) Suh
3) McCoy
4) Okung
5) Bulaga
6) Clausen
7) Dez
8) Campbell
9) T. Williams
10) Berry- Reggie Nelson, after an amazing year fail to register an INT in 2010. His contract is almost up so Jacksonville goes for the real deal in berry
11) D. Williams
12) JPP
13) Spiller???

I'd rather trade a future 3rd and get Berry than keep that third and get Spiller. (I'm also not at all on the spiller bandwagon).

Does Berry = Spiller + 2011 3rd?
if so its a good deal!

Buffalo gets a steal as Neither Jacksonville (Monroe, Britton), Denver (Clady) or Miami (Long) need tackles, they get Williams no matter what, but if they trade down, they also pick up a future pick. Thats why it's such a smart decision.
Originally posted by GoldenGateFan:

Just because they never won with him, doesn't mean its because of him. TEAMS win games not players. Oh, and if buffalo doesn't trade, they STILL take Trent Williams. That is why they make the trade.
1) Bradford
2) Suh
3) McCoy
4) Okung
5) Bulaga
6) Clausen
7) Dez
8) Campbell
9) T. Williams
10) Berry- Reggie Nelson, after an amazing year fail to register an INT in 2010. His contract is almost up so Jacksonville goes for the real deal in berry
11) D. Williams
12) JPP
13) Spiller???

I'd rather trade a future 3rd and get Berry than keep that third and get Spiller. (I'm also not at all on the spiller bandwagon).

if so its a good deal!

Buffalo gets a steal as Neither Jacksonville (Monroe, Britton), Denver (Clady) or Miami (Long) need tackles, they get Williams no matter what, but if they trade down, they also pick up a future pick. Thats why it's such a smart decision.

Buffalo is moving to a 3-4, they could reach for Dan Williams because they lack the NT and they could easily pass on Trent Williams if they view him as a RT only.
Originally posted by GoldenGateFan:

1) Bradford
2) Suh
3) McCoy
4) Okung
5) Bulaga
6) Clausen
7) Dez
8) Campbell
9) T. Williams
11) D. Williams
12) JPP
13) Spiller???

if so its a good deal!

Sorry to burst your bubble, but moving up to #9 from #13 will require a 2010 3rd rounder, not 2011. Its 200 points on the draft value chart to move up to 9, and our third round pick THIS year is worth about 200 points. We would have to give up at least a 2nd rounder next year to move up to 9, or our 3rd rounder this year.

And by the way, I am all for giving up a 3rd this year to move up to get Berry if he drops to 9. I would even trade our second rounder this year to move up to 7 and trade with Cleveland to get Berry if he fell that far.

But next years third will not get it done.

[ Edited by ezekiel40 on Mar 5, 2010 at 10:51:56 ]