I am not crazy about trading future picks, or moving Dashon to SS, but if the opportunity appeared, do you think we should trade #13 and a 2011 3rd for the bills pick to get Berry?
1) Sam Bradford
2) Ndamukong Suh
3) Gerald McCoy
4) Russell Okung- with Chris Samuels offical retirment, I think the skins realise how bad they need a tackle
5) Bryan Bulaga- the most polished OT in the draft and has conections to pioli
6) Jimmy Clausen- Pete Carrol gets someone to be "his guy" for the future
7) Dez Bryant- Hadens slow time pushes him out of the top 10, maybe even 15 (to be cont. at pro day)
8) Bruce Campbell
9) (Traded to 9ers for #13 & 2011 3rd) Eric Berry- we get out "ed reed"
10) Jason Pierre-Paul- they should pick morgan (more polished) but they go for JPPs potential and athleticism
11) Dan Williams- the key to the 3-4 is the NT
12) Sergio Kindle (i assume the dolphins sign K Dansby, lowering their need for a LB)- they lose joey porter and jason taylor, so thet NEED a stud OLB and Kindle is their guy.
13) (Traded to bills) Trent Williams- they passed on a OT last year and look where they end up. They get a steal on Willams and pick up a future pick form the 9ers.
14) CJ Spiller- Pete gets another offensive weapon to use. Bad for 9ers, but Willis and Berry should take care of things.
15) Rolando McClain (if Dansby signs here switch McClain to fins and NYG take Morgan)- they lost Antonio Pierce and Need a LB to take control of that D. McClain is a perfect fit for the G-Men.
16) Derrick Morgan- Tennesse is back in bussiness as they steal the BEST DE in the draft. He is top 8 talent, yet falls due to many teams switching to a 3-4 and lots of need for OT
17) Anthony Davis- This MASSIVE man could anchor the Right side of our O-line and will be a beast in the run game.
1A) Berry- S Improves our secondary
1B) Davis- OT Anchors the right side of our O-line
2) Cox-CB Can return kicks/punts and is a big physical corner
3) Houston- DT Depth on the D-line and will be what Balmer was supposed to be
4) Roberts- WR More special team depth (KR/PR) and a slot reciever
5) Micah Johnson- An athletic MLB with upside to be groomed to play next to Willis
6) Brandon Carter- OG Missed last year for violating rules, great college player
7) O'Brien Schofield- OLB Tore ACL and may never play, but was real good
This draft sets us up to be a post season contender and contend for a championship in 2-4 years down the road, (assuming we continue to draft SMART)
PS many of you will want our 3rd rounder to instead be another OL player, which I belive is smart, BUT i think Lamarr Houston is a STEAL in the 3rd and after being groomed for the future, will become a GREAT PLAYER. the value is just too much. I'd rather take a Gaurd in the 6th than in the 3rd (better value)
QB A. Smith
RB F. Gore/G. Coffee
FB M. Norris
TE V. Davis/ D. Walker
LT J. Staley
LG D. Baas
C E. Heitmann
RG C. Rachal
RT A. Davis
WR M. Crabtree/ J. Morgan/ A. Robert
LE J. Smith/ R. McDonald
NT A. Franklin
RE I. Sopoaga/ L. Houston
LOLB P. Haralson/ A. Brooks
MLB P. Willis/ T. Spikes/ S. McKillop
ROLB M. Lawson/ D. Briggs
CB S. Spencer/ N. Clements/ P. Cox/ T. Brown
FS E. Berry/ D. Goldson
SS D. Goldson/ M. Lewis
This team is a good mix of youth and vets that will make the playoffs in 2010-11, but doesn't have enough to get to the confrence game. With a good draft next year (add another WR/RB and a rush OLB and NT) we will be in good position for the next decade.