There are 141 users in the forums

Remember
Not a member? Register Now!

controversial First 3 49er draft picks

Originally posted by JizzmasterZero:
I'd be pissed if this happened. Sorta. We'd still suck on offense unless we found some OL in FA....but it doesn't look like anyone's available without tender. Apparently, the rest of the league values a good OL more than we do. It wont matter if we draft Jesus.....without beefing up our OL, we're doomed! .....And im not talking about late rounders. We need STUDS UP FRONT! We don't have peyton manning on our team.

So are you saying STUD OLinemen are only drafted in the first round? Doubt it.

Last I checked wde won 5 super bowl with seveal mid round linemen.
The 1st 2 are great. If we got that we would have a ton of weapons. I'm ok with weapons. It's not like we don't need them. We in fact do. New Orleans for example has tons of weapons and the Vikes also have lots of change of pace weapons. They Colts mostly have an amazing QB and lessor weapons than the previous 2.
i'll be happy as f**k to tell you the truth
  • fly15
  • Veteran
Originally posted by Billwalshjr:
Originally posted by Kalen49ers:
Bryant and Spiller would be awesome.

The only problem would be this

I agree buddy, he will still be the problem.... AGAIN....
Originally posted by fly15:

and of course his tiny hands
Originally posted by ninerfan4life:
Originally posted by fly15:

and of course his tiny hands

Just what the 9ers need more primadonnas on offense. Davis and Crabs are enough. 9ers need more balls not c*ck
The Niners won't draft Dez Bryant for numerous reasons:

1. They have their #1 WR in Crabtree and have other more important needs

2. They still think Josh Morgan has potential to be a solid #2 guy and seems like more of a character guy than Dez Bryant.

3. They already have a lot of money tied up in the WR position with Crabtree and Brandon Jones. I don't think they want to put 1st Rnd money into an already crowded position.

4. I still think Singletary and Raye want to have a strong running team, and the best odds of them achieving that is by drafting an OT in the first round, not another WR.
Originally posted by solidg2000:
I would pick CJ at 13 and Bryant at 17
In round 2
I would pick
1 Mt Cody
2 B Spikes

If you think we need a OT in round two
3 Vladimir Ducasse
4 Jason Fox
5 Jared Veldheer
6 Rodger Saffold

Bryant will be LONG gone by 10, let alone 17. We CANNOT GET DEZ. we should focus on improving our line in the first round (Trent or A Davis at 13). Williams improved his stock with a great combine and he will not be availible at 17. we need to scoop him up at 13.
why the crap would we use our first overall pick on Dez Bryant...

you guys want to go through another Crabtree holdout? guess whos his agent? surprise!

we dont need another 1st round WR. and Bryant has alot of scouts saying hes extremely lazy, and needs to be woken up or he sleeps in forever.

im looking for players who will be the first ones there, and the last ones out. Singletary even gets a small buzz about Bryant being lazy, and we dont go near him regardless.

OT!!!! our OL is whats holding us back. it isnt Smith. Smith was pretty darn good for someone who had the worst OL in the league.
Originally posted by wolfpack52:
Just what the 9ers need more primadonnas on offense. Davis and Crabs are enough. 9ers need more balls not c*ck

I like the analogy
  • KRS-1
  • Hall of Fame
Originally posted by kronik:
Originally posted by Spoonerism:
Originally posted by sbccpv20:
If after the second round the niners picks were:

1.A Dez Bryant
1.B C.J Spiller
2. Rodger Saffold

How would you feel?

Now I understand this is not likely and there are numerous reasons why people may not want to Draft Dez Bryant due to his character concerns and agent. Still the thought of adding these two guys to our offense gives me the goose bumps. For the first time in a long time the Niners might actually sport an explosive and dangerous offense. Just think on third down we could have Bryant and Crabtree split out, Davis at TE, Spiller in the slot with Gore in the back field. Plus if Saffold fell to us we would have our RT need filled by a capable player. This is just my opinion but I wanted to see how others felt.

P.S we could still pick a guard too for all the O line or death people

I wouldn't call it controversial at all. I would just call it stupid. Our biggest need is the offensive line. If we only drafted 3 solid OLineman and got nothing else in free agency or the draft I think we'd win 10-12 games. If we got these players and skipped our most pressing need how many more games would we win?? 1 maybe?

Saffold is a tackle. A real nice prospect at that.

FWIW Some teams see him as an OG.
Search Podcast Draft Forum Commentary News Shop Home