LISTEN: Final 49ers 7-Round Mock Draft With Steph Sanchez →

There are 353 users in the forums

4DNinersSon Post Combine Mock

This is sure to change over the next 2 months and everything below is my opinion, so before I get posts about saying anything below keep that in mind. Tear it up. Go Niners!

Pick Team/Record Team Needs Player/Position, School Notes
1 Rams 1-15 Are you kidding? Ndomukang Suh DT, Nebraska

If the Rams can't lock-up Vick or another QB, they may go with Bradford.

2 Lions 2-14 DT, DE, OT, CB, RB Gerald McCoy DT, Oklahoma

Really not much of a choice here. If Suh is available they'll take him. I don't see Schwarz as a reacher and if they don't trade down he's taking the BPA

3 Bucs 3-13 DT, DE, WR, OG, OT Eric Berry S, Tennessee

In the perfect scenario for the Bucs Mc Coy would still be on the board and they would draft him for the Kiffin cover-2 scheme they plan to return to

4 Redskins 4-12 New owner, QB, All OL positions, CB Russell Okung OT, Oklahoma State

Being that they tendered Jason Campbell, I'm not sure that they'll draft another QB w/ their number 1 pick although it wouldn't shock me

5 Chiefs 4-12 OT, ILB, WR, S Anthony Davis OT, Rutgers
Speculation is that Pioli will go for Bulaga and he may, but I think Davis is rated a little higher as a pure tackle prospect

6 Seahawks 5-11 QB, OT, RB, CB Sam Bradford QB, Oklahoma

They are going QB with this pick. If Bradford's gone then it'll be Clausen. They can address their line with their next 2 picks or trade back w/ someone looking for one of the QB's

7 Browns 5-11 DT, DE, QB, WR, CB Bryan Bulaga OT, Iowa

Haden's slow 40 will cost him dearly. I'm sure he'll run a 4.4 37 yard dash at his pro day, but it may be too little too late. The Browns have 11 picks and will likely go BPA with all of them because of all of their holes. It’s possible that Holmgren could fall in love with Clausen & grab him or trade back with someone who is. I think Holmgren will build the line first or go for a pass rusher

8 Raiders 5-11 Speed!, Some guy no one has ever heard of, Fat lazy quarterbacks Taylor Mays S, USC

Unfortunately for Taylor Mays he ran himself into obscurity and a career in Black & Silver. The only way he can avoid it is if Kyle Wilson runs a 4.1 or if Davis wants the fastest receiving corps ever and drafts Jacoby Ford too. They will go O-line if Cable has any pull & is still their head coach at the end of April

9 Bills 6-10 OT, OLB, QB, OG Jimmy Clausen QB, Notre Dame

Not sure if he'll last that long, but if he does the Bills will run up to the podium with this pick. If he's gone they have to go O-line or LB

10 Jaguars 7-9 DE, DT, WR, S, QB Derrick Morgan DE/OLB, Georgia Tech

The Jags could still shock the world and go Tebow, but I doubt it. If that happens expect the Jaguars to be out of Jacksonville within 3 years.

11 Broncos 7-9 WR, DT, CG, OG Arrelious Benn WR, Illinois

There is no way that the Broncos take another grease fire like Dez Bryant who helped his stock tumble even further with his best Andre Smith impression at the combine. They could go after a pass rusher or Dan Williams as an anchor for their 3-4

12 Dolphins 7-9 WR, DT, FS, OG Earl Thomas S, Texas

A ball-hawking safety would really set their defensive backfield for the next 5-10 years. Thomas can cover like a corner and hit like a safety, important in the AFC East. They could go after Graham or Dunlap too.

13 49ers 8-8 OT, OG, S, CB, WR, NT, QB, OLB, ILB Trent Williams OT, Oklahoma

There are a lot of good players on the board and I think they'll take the best value. I like Williams more after I saw his athleticism on display at the combine & he doesn't need to play on the left side for us. I would like them to consider Graham, Thomas, Bulaga, Spiller & Kindle if they are on the board and take whichever one they have rated the highest regardless of position

14 Seattle 8-8 QB, OT, RB, CB Bruce Campbell OT, Maryland

I could see them seriously considering Spiller too, but they need to address their O-line needs ASAP and with them taking a QB at number 6, this pick has to be O-line. If Carroll sees Spiller as USC Reggie Bush there is no question he's a Sea-chicken

15 Giants 8-8 ILB, OLB, CB, OT, DT Brandon Graham DE/OLB, Michigan

The Giants are taking the best available linebacker. They could go for Graham, Kindle or possibly even Rolando Mc Clain, whichever player they have rated highest at the LB position. Right now Graham seems to be the hot name.

16 Titans 8-8 OLB, CB, DT, DE, WR Carlos Dunlap DE, Florida

If they fall in love with Pierre Paul he could be the pick here too. They need to address DL with the loss of Vanden Bosch & The Freak

17 49ers 8-8 OT, OG, S, CB, WR, NT, QB, OLB, ILB C.J. Spiller RB, Clemson

I'm not thrilled with this especially with Kindle, Joe Haden & Dunlap still on the board, but I think he'll be the highest rated player, unless they aren't scared off by Haden's 40 time, because I think on film he is a great corner

18 Steelers 9-7 OT, OG, CB, DT, S Joe Haden CB, Florida

If Joe Haden, the number 1 corner happens to be there the Steelers have to pull the trigger at 18. They extended Hampton so D-line is not an immediate issue. They could go O-line here, but if Haden is there he's there man

19 Falcons 9-7 CB, OLB, DE Jason Pierre Paul DE/OLB, USF

Too much of a physical freak for the Falcons to pass up. They could go for Dan Williams or Brian Price as well or even an LB, but if Pierre Paul is still there he's the pick

20 Texans 9-7 CB, RB, OT, C, TE Kyle Wilson CB, Boise

They need help on both sides of the line, but losing their best corner in a division with the Colts has to be the first thing they address

21 Bengals 10-6 WR, CB, TE, DT, DE, S Dez Bryant WR, Oklahoma State

Who takes troubled players more than the Raiders? Who Dey? The Bungles! Golden Tate may have run his way into this pick too.

22 Patriots 10-6 OLB, DE, CB, WR Sergio Kindle DE/OLB, Texas

There boy Graham is gone, but fear not, Serge is here to save the day. If not they take Dan Williams and finally Vince Wilfork gets his wish of not being franchised by the Patriots next year, because he’ll be gone.

23 Packers 11-5 OT, OG, CB, RB Mike Iupati OG/OT, Idaho

The Pack's O-line was definitely offensive last year. They take Iupati who can play multiple line positions. Unfortunately for the Pack he can't play more than one at a time.

24 Eagles 11-5 S, DE, OLB Sean Witherspoon OLB, Missouri

The Eagles could go a lot of directions with this pick. Everson Griffen could help. Unfortunately for the Eagles there isn't a safety left with a 1st round grade for them and Reid has proven he'll go BPA even if it’s not a position of need. Here the BPA is my boy, the Spoon

25 Ravens 9-7 TE, ILB, WR, CB Golden "Boy" Tate WR, Notre Dame

If the Broncos pass on Bryant then I think the Ravens jump on him, but I don't think they will. They need weapons and Gresham ran his way out of the first round

26 Cardinals 10-6 OLB, OT, TE, DT, QB, S Rolando Mc Clain ILB, Alabama

They could go for Brian Price, but they need linebacker help bad, they could also look at a tackle

27 Cowboys 11-5 OT, DE, S, WR Charles Brown OT, USC

There is no safety value where they're picking and are stuck with WR Roy Williams contract so tying up 1st round money in a WR makes no sense even in an uncapped year

28 Chargers 11-5 RB, OT, DT, OG Jhavid Best RB, Cal

That boy fast. The Chargers could really use help on the D-line, but if Sproles is gone RB has to be there number 1 priority.

29 Jets 9-7 WR, DE, S, CB Brian Price DT, UCLA

Outstanding value for the Jets. There isn't much difference between the #3 DT & the #6 DT. Price will be Ryan's Haloti Ngata in NY, unless they are higher on Odrick

30 Vikings 12-4 QB, C, OG, CB, DT Patrick Robinson CB, Florida State

The Queens need a D- Tackle, but I don't think Odrick is rated high enough to take here. The next position of need with good value for them is CB

31 Colts 14-2 OT, ILB, CB, S, QB Maurkice Pouncey OC/OG, Florida

Jeff Saturday is 200 years old.

32 Saints 13-3 OLB, DE, DT, OT Jerry Hughes DE/OLB, TCU

Hughes had an awesome combine. I like Everson Griffen here and possibly Kareem Campbell, they could go a lot of directions
  • mayo49
  • Veteran
Good mock, very nicely thought out.
  • Riot
  • Veteran
Originally posted by Riot:

Awesome thanks for the feedback? Opinion? Attempt at humor? Cant wait to follow your other posts if they are all as thought provoking and insightful as this one was.
  • Shifty
  • Veteran
4D you didnt format this very well. Practically gives me a headache just looking at all that.

Williams and Spiller would be awesome though.
Nice mock.
  • evil
  • Veteran
Mike Holmgren selects a RT inside the top 10 ?

The Broncos are going to REACH for a fringe 1st round pick in Benn ?

[ Edited by KRS-1 on Mar 5, 2010 at 06:16:54 ]
If the Lions complete a trade for Corey Williams from the Browns, they will have their 3 technique DT which makes Suh their preferred pick. If Suh is already gone, they will most likely go for their LT of the future in Okung at #2.

I agree with KRS about your Bulaga and Benn picks. Browns have bigger needs the RT and the Broncos would take Bryant instead.

Still, nice draft.
  • evil
  • Veteran
Originally posted by m_brockalexander:
If the Lions complete a trade for Corey Williams from the Browns, they will have their 3 technique DT which makes Suh their preferred pick. If Suh is already gone, they will most likely go for their LT of the future in Okung at #2.

I agree with KRS about your Bulaga and Benn picks. Browns have bigger needs the RT and the Broncos would take Bryant instead.

Still, nice draft.

I think they write his name on the card then call around to see if anyone has interest in jumping up for McCoy before they turn that card in. Still is a small chance they take McCoy though.
Originally posted by KRS-1:

Benn came out of the combine as the top receiver on most people's board. He ran well and looked fluid. I'd say he's a solid first rounder after that. The Browns have so many needs its not even funny. I think Holmgren will take the BPA for each pick. Bulaga may be a reach, but I've seen stranger things.

• evil
  • Veteran
Originally posted by 4DNinersSon:

Benn came out of the combine as the top receiver on most people's board. He ran well and looked fluid. I'd say he's a solid first rounder after that. The Browns have so many needs its not even funny. I think Holmgren will take the BPA for each pick. Bulaga may be a reach, but I've seen stranger things.

They need a RT but with the money invested in Steinbach and Joe Thomas and the need for players at so many other positions I doubt they would do this.

Joe Haden even if considered a reach would be a likelier option. Could also put JPP or Spiller as possibilities there as well.
Originally posted by 4DNinersSon:

They need a RT but with the money invested in Steinbach and Joe Thomas and the need for players at so many other positions I doubt they would do this.

Joe Haden even if considered a reach would be a likelier option. Could also put JPP or Spiller as possibilities there as well.

I could see either one of those happening. I'm not a big JPP fan. I think he's an athletic freak, but not sure what he can do in the league against NFL caliber tackles. I feel like he's going to turn into another Vernon Gholston. I think Haden is a heck of a player and when analyzing the draft before I had him heading to the Browns, but I think his 40 time may have cost him. Watching the combine I think what may be even a bigger factor was seeing how his poor 40 time effected the rest of his workouts. I think teams may see that as a sign of mental weakness. I think if he performs well at his pro day in a couple weeks he may be right back there, but we'll see. I think he's a heck of a player and regardless of his 40 time, I would love to see him in Red & Gold next year.
The Browns, while they already have Joe Thomas and a very descent line use their top ten pick on an O-line? And Anthony Davis #1 OT. Right now OT goes
Teir A
1) Russell Okug- consensus #1 tackle
reminds me of- Joe Thomas,
2) Bryan Bulaga- (he is very close behind Okung and depending on pro day, could jump ahead)
reminds me of- David Diehl, good athleticism and great zone blocker, intangibles
3) Bruce Campell- Athletic FREAK who could become the best tackle in the league, has a small injury history that keeps him from being #1/2
reminds me of- Jason Smith, really athletic and has most potential, not as polished
4) Trent Williams- Flat out dominated the game last year, but switching to LT he struggled a bit. Had a great combine pushing him above Davis
reminds me of- D'Brickshaw Ferguson, athletic pass protector bulk, ok run blocker
5) Anthony Davis- had a mediocre year in game tape, but he WAS out of shape. Now that he is back down to 230 range, has been BEAST. Questions on his intangibles, work ethic and durability are holding him back
reminds me of- Jason Peters, massive man, when healthy/motivated can be great

Then there is:
Teir B
Charles Brown- sub 300, athletic pass protector. Gets wahed in the run
Roger Saffold- Good athleticism, good blocker, but very plain (nothing special)
Vladimir Ducasse- Has versatility and can play OG as well
Share 49ersWebzone