LISTEN: Are The 49ers Showing Their Hand? →

There are 273 users in the forums

Nick Bradley's 1 - 17 Mock

Originally posted by nickbradley:
Originally posted by Ninerjohn:
This would be a very good draft for the Niners. I doubt that Detroit takes Okung over one of the OTs but overall I think you did a good job with the mock.

The smart move is Okung to protect their massive investment in Stafford. But the lions-caliber move is to take Suh.

Never underestimate the stupidity of the Detroit Lions.

IMO niether player, Suh or Okung, would be a bad pick for the Lions. They have so many holes to fill I don't think either would be a bad move. The Lions have been in the top 3 as far as worst drafting teams over the last decade and a half, but I think under Schwarz they are a better organization and finally Matt Millen is right where he belongs. Out of football.
This would be a very good draft for the Niners. I doubt that Detroit takes Okung over one of the OTs but overall I think you did a good job with the mock.

The smart move is Okung to protect their massive investment in Stafford. But the lions-caliber move is to take Suh.

Never underestimate the stupidity of the Detroit Lions.

I dont see how taking a guy who will be an ALL PRO most likely and plays a position that you need help is stupid. Suh is probably the most sure thing in this draft and McCoy is right there with him. I'm not saying that Okung isnt a decent pick but that I doubt he is their choice.

1. DTs have a higher bust rate than QBs (per WalterFootball.com

2. If you're detroit, you just spent a #1 overall pick and he got hurt multiple times last year due to a shoddy O-line
  • smileyman
  • Info N/A

1. DTs have a higher bust rate than QBs (per WalterFootball.com

No they don't, at least not for the last 7 seasons. DT's bust at 60% bust rate, QBs at 63% bust rate.

Quote:

2. If you're detroit, you just spent a #1 overall pick and he got hurt multiple times last year due to a shoddy O-line

This I agree with and reports out of Indy were that Detroit was becoming enamored with Russell Okung.
Share 49ersWebzone